• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Let's accept it and move on

T Bone

Carlo Cudicini
This is a transitional season.

We need to re-evaluate our expectations and we won't be disappointed. I've done this and accept this as a well earned point.

I'm now content.

I'm now looking at a 10th place finish. Anything in single figures is a bonus.

A nice little cup run. 5th round or quarters.

Blood some youngsters in Europa.

Next season should be when we are judged.

That all.

The problem with writing off a season is retaining players at the end of it, and attracting new players. If we finish 10th we haven't a chance of getting decent players in.

Jesus... aim low so you'll never be disappointed basically. Bill Nicholson must be spinning around in his grave, it's like you've cosigned yourself to failure already.

Maybe last season really was the best its going to be for a while- but you never know what a decent run later in the season could do.

It didn't need to be a transitional season. The team has been butchered to make it follow a 'system' devised by a theorist.

Jesus... aim low so you'll never be disappointed basically. Bill Nicholson must be spinning around in his grave, it's like you've cosigned yourself to failure already.

But Bill Nick isn't here. AVB is.

Hence, manage your expectations or suffer disappointment. Your choice.

10th place? Joker.

Honestly though we have to give AVB some time to get the new players bedded in. Such a massive squad overhaul isn't helping.

I've got to be honest though, so far I'm not too impressed with AVB. We've been playing 2 defensive midfielder with a relatively settled back 5 and are more open that we were last year. He needs to fix the problems

Wonder if Harry had been given such leverage had we started like this. This is looking like a transitional season, which is tragic considering we had the opportunity to push forward not slide back. But if we do screw this up Bale will be the next one sold at a profit, probably a few more.

Shall we change the site slogan/motto to 'aim low' then? Seems like a good idea, it may be a transitional season but, that doesn't mean we're allowed to be brick at the same time, i'm all for giving avb time but, anything lower than 6th is unacceptable really.

We were challenging for the title in January FFS! No matter how much people despise Redknapp, he was and is a great manager and we've replaced him with a bloke who's unproven in this country and had a genuine world class striker at Porto who made him look good.

Replacing Harry with Ancellotti would have made perfect sense because he would be an obvious upgrade.

This isn't knee jerk btw. I've said this many times in the feeling flat thread.

Shall we change the site slogan/motto to 'aim low' then? Seems like a good idea, it may be a transitional season but, that doesn't mean we're allowed to be brick at the same time, i'm all for giving avb time but, anything lower than 6th is unacceptable really.

It doesn't matter where he finishes, you can't sack AVB. We're looking to get rid of some very good players (VdV, Hudd...) solely because they don't fit AVBs system. He has to be given time now we have committed so much, we've sold half of a Top 4 squad for him.

We were challenging for the title in January FFS! No matter how much people despise Redknapp, he was and is a great manager and we've replaced him with a bloke who's unproven in this country and had a genuine world class striker at Porto who made him look good.

Replacing Harry with Ancellotti would have made perfect sense because he would be an obvious upgrade.

This isn't knee jerk btw. I've said this many times in the feeling flat thread.

Revisionism rules where Harry Redknapp is concerned. Tragically part of this revisionism entails bestowing tactical genuis upon AVB (completely unproved) as a convenient contrast with Harry's naive simplistic tactical approach (more nonsense). Amazing what some can see to convince themselves all is fine.

Revisionism rules where Harry Redknapp is concerned. Tragically part of this revisionism entails bestowing tactical genuis upon AVB (completely unproved) as a convenient contrast with Harry's naive simplistic tactical approach (more nonsense). Amazing what some can see to convince themselves all is fine.

And it works both ways too. Just a general observation, not directed at you.

This is a transitional season.

We need to re-evaluate our expectations and we won't be disappointed. I've done this and accept this as a well earned point.

I'm now content.

I'm now looking at a 10th place finish. Anything in single figures is a bonus.

A nice little cup run. 5th round or quarters.

Blood some youngsters in Europa.

Next season should be when we are judged.

That all.

What I really do not get is the first statement and I have heard it so so much. Why after finishes of 4th, 5th, 4th are we now in a transitional season?????

With a good young squad and a good recent record we should be looking to build and move forward, why transition??

OK Modric wanted to leave and VDV was "homesick" so surely any club with ambition would look to replace those two players with guarenteed quality to retain the clubs recent standing in the league and fulfill not only the fans but the clubs ambitions???? Not only that I would I argue on the playing front that after another 4th finish, we should not have just been looking to replace like for like but ADD to the squad and push on.

We have gone from a club that pushed the top teams and thrilled for most of the season last year to a club in transition?? I just really do not get it on ounce I truly do not.

There is and was no need for it, we have gone backwards for what reasons??

Last edited:
Back