• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Other than a month of really tough fixtures, I think that Lennon being out has been the main reason for our poor results. We are a lot more predictable and easy to play against without Bale and Lennon in the team.

Agreed... he was sat on the bench for the entire emirates nightmare...was that game thrown???? I mean, with him and Bale on the pitch that day, we'd have won by 3...

Lennon is a massive player for us without a doubt, however in the past he has taken a game or two to get up to speed after returning from injury. Lets not get on his back because if he stays fit he will be a major influence on our run in.

if lennon stood there on the right and did nothing all game I still think we would look a damn sight better. Bale would still have a bit more room and so would the likes of Modric, VDV and Ade

I don't think Lennon has ever been slaughtered on here - even when his form dips.
He never gets slaughtered as such but people often take him for granted, before the start of the season most people's preferred line-ups on here didn't include him (usually choosing VDV at RM). It's kind of as though people don't realise how important he is to the team until he's out. Without him, teams know that we're going to over-use Bale, so they try to stop him from playing, often by putting two men on him. With Lennon in the team, teams can't do this as it leaves them exposed.

I don't think Lennon has ever been slaughtered on here - even when his form dips.

Are you serious > every player gets slaughtered here.

You must have missed it a season or two ago here then, he was to be sold and under no circumstances allowed to play for us again.

He never gets slaughtered as such but people often take him for granted, before the start of the season most people's preferred line-ups on here didn't include him (usually choosing VDV at RM). It's kind of as though people don't realise how important he is to the team until he's out. Without him, teams know that we're going to over-use Bale, so they try to stop him from playing, often by putting two men on him. With Lennon in the team, teams can't do this as it leaves them exposed.

I don't doubt Lennon's importance, but I'm not sure that it necessarily stops oppostion from doubling up on Bale. As they play on opposite wings, teams who want to can probably double up on both players, by having their midfield shift across depending on whiich wing the ball goes to.

I don't doubt Lennon's importance, but I'm not sure that it necessarily stops oppostion from doubling up on Bale. As they play on opposite wings, teams who want to can probably double up on both players, by having their midfield shift across depending on whiich wing the ball goes to.

If a team doubles up on both Bale and Lennon, Modric will tear them a new one with the space it will allow him to pass.

Lennon's big thing is he stays wide, and gives the midfield another option for the counter attack.

Hmm...Ledley? Just brainstorming...

oh no no no, ledley is finished! he's only good for a coaching role now, dontcha know? his knees are fudged and he's slowing down and he is to blame for our recent run of poor form.

shaky AT BEST! blah blah blah blah.

If a team doubles up on both Bale and Lennon, Modric will tear them a new one with the space it will allow him to pass.

Lennon's big thing is he stays wide, and gives the midfield another option for the counter attack.

My thoughts as well, it would be neigh on impossible to double up on both of them and if it did happen it will leave acres of space for Modric, VDV etc.

oh no no no, ledley is finished! he's only good for a coaching role now, dontcha know? his knees are fudged and he's slowing down and he is to blame for our recent run of poor form.

shaky AT BEST! blah blah blah blah.

Maybe fans are begining to face reality over King.

Hmm...so do people genuinely slag Ledley on here? I mean, debating whether he should play or not is fine, but was he subjected to genuine abuse, the sort that we seem to reserve for the likes of Defoe and Daws?

I'd certainly like to think he hasn't. Come on, the man's a legend, one of the last 'one-club men' of this era.

Hmm...so do people genuinely slag Ledley on here? I mean, debating whether he should play or not is fine, but was he subjected to genuine abuse, the sort that we seem to reserve for the likes of Defoe and Daws?

I'd certainly like to think he hasn't. Come on, the man's a legend, one of the last 'one-club men' of this era.
In the time that I've been here, Ledley has never been slaughtered. He could drown a box of puppies in the English Channel and still be known as a hero on here. However, there has been debates regarding his future and whether he should give it up at the end of the season. This was most prominent after the City away game where he conceded that last minute penalty which Balotelli scored from.

In the time that I've been here, Ledley has never been slaughtered. He could drown a box of puppies in the English Channel and still be known as a hero on here. However, there has been debates regarding his future and whether he should give it up at the end of the season. This was most prominent after the City away game where he conceded that last minute penalty which Balotelli scored from.

Well, that's better than nothing I suppose. The man's earned the chance to assess himself and decide whether he's fit to carry on, after all. It doesn't stop us debating whether he should continue or not, but as long as it doesn't descend into the sort of abuse directed at Defoe or Crouch last season, I suppose it's fine. Still, proves my point that there are at least some players who never get slaughtered here. Ledley King. Jurgen Klinsmann. Ramon Ve....

Well, Ledley and Jurgen at least. And that's good; that automatically makes us better than Blue Moon at the very least.;)

My thoughts as well, it would be neigh on impossible to double up on both of them and if it did happen it will leave acres of space for Modric, VDV etc.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but I think you're exaggerating things. Any team playing 4-5-1 and sitting deep could double up on Bale and Lennon with full-backs and wingers, whilst still having three central midfielders protecting space in the middle. Doubling up doesn't necessarily mean the defending winger has to constantly stay within 1 yard of the attacking winger; they can generally play fairly narrow, and then shift out to double up on the wing when the ball gets played out there.

Don't think anyone would ever slag off Ledley, but we have to stop relying on him as our plan A

Back