• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Are Rose and Townsend both work keeping around next year (not sending out on loan) given their successful loan spells?

Arguably I think the player that best filled in for Lennon on the right, whilst providing a different threat, was Falque v Norwich in the cup. Granted it was just a one off game but it looked good, there was a good balance. Another version of Africanspurs wonky, but a technically adept player always involved looked promising.

We have options to try. Siggy, Dembele, Holtby, Dempsey could all be tried there. Hell I even thought Walker could have given us a decent threat on that side today whilst not permanently. Just the pace element.

Whatever it is we need a solution. And quickly.

oh dreary me

Tottenham duo Aaron Lennon and Michael Dawson have withdrawn from the England World Cup qualifying squad to face San Marino and Montenegro through injury.

Lennon was left out of the Spurs squad for Sunday's loss to Fulham with a groin injury while Dawson was taken off at half-time with a hamstring strain.

"He is on the brink of rupturing his muscle," said Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas about Lennon.

Emirates Marketing Project defender Joleon Lescott has been called into the squad.

Tottenham centre-back Dawson, who has has four international caps but has not played for his country since the 2-0 win in Wales two years ago, was substituted at half-time in the defeat against the Cottagers.

Team-mate Lennon, who has been a regular member of England manager Roy Hodgson's England set-up this season, was hurt against Inter Milan in Thursday's Europa League tie.

"Lennon won't be able to make it," Villas-Boas confirmed. "He has been struggling a lot with injuries."

Villas-Boas added: "He [Dawson] felt his [hamstring] muscle going in the first half. If we had brought him on in the second half we would be risking him a major injury."

sounds pretty serious

how long have we been saying we need a pacy back up for Lennon. Somehow like for like...........dear lord ](*,)

oh dreary me

Tottenham duo Aaron Lennon and Michael Dawson have withdrawn from the England World Cup qualifying squad to face San Marino and Montenegro through injury.

Lennon was left out of the Spurs squad for Sunday's loss to Fulham with a groin injury while Dawson was taken off at half-time with a hamstring strain.

"He is on the brink of rupturing his muscle," said Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas about Lennon.

Emirates Marketing Project defender Joleon Lescott has been called into the squad.

Tottenham centre-back Dawson, who has has four international caps but has not played for his country since the 2-0 win in Wales two years ago, was substituted at half-time in the defeat against the Cottagers.

Team-mate Lennon, who has been a regular member of England manager Roy Hodgson's England set-up this season, was hurt against Inter Milan in Thursday's Europa League tie.

"Lennon won't be able to make it," Villas-Boas confirmed. "He has been struggling a lot with injuries."

Villas-Boas added: "He [Dawson] felt his [hamstring] muscle going in the first half. If we had brought him on in the second half we would be risking him a major injury."

sounds pretty serious

how long have we been saying we need a pacy back up for Lennon. Somehow like for like...........dear lord ](*,)

Hopefully it's just AVB exagerating to get Lennon out of international duty. Fergie and Wenger have been doing it for years.

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs 2m

#thfc Lennon didn't look comfortable as he limped past us. Sounds like a knee injury. One word from him: "Sore"

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs 2m

#thfc Lennon didn't look comfortable as he limped past us. Sounds like a knee injury. One word from him: "Sore"

Well if he had been struggling with a lot of injuries im glad we made him play tonight because i would have rather won tonight then at home to everton or have a chance of taking points of city and chelsea. Far more important we get to the semi final then get into the top 4 and have a better chance of keeping our players and getting more money to attract better ones.

Shows what an intelligent and important player Lennon is that we suffer so much when he's out. He may not score or even be involved in play that much but he understands football and brings us shape and coherence.

Shows what an intelligent and important player Lennon is that we suffer so much when he's out. He may not score or even be involved in play that much but he understands football and brings us shape and coherence.

agree. People only seem to value him when he's not there. Hopefully we can get him back for the City game

I'm glad it's a knee injury and not that hamstring problem he seemed to have a few weeks ago. Lets hope he is okay to perhaps make the bench against Everton and perhaps even play against Basel. If not, a long rest for the City game would be good for him.

3psry7.jpg

25 years old now! fudge, I remember when he was a 17 year old bursting on the scene for us, seems like yesterday

Anyone seen of heard anything about his injury? I said when he did it that I feared that we wouldn't see him again this season and the silence is defeaning

Silence? AVB said on Friday he's in contention for the City game. Obviously he didn't make it, that doesn't mean he's dead though.

AVB said in his pressie after the game today that he will join training next week - maybe on wednesday

Around 6:25 in

[video=youtube;Ai1zuvjhxsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ai1zuvjhxsU#![/video]

I reckon he'll be on the bench against Wigan. If we are comfortably winning, I wouldn't even risk bringing him on. Leave that for the home game against Sotuhampton.

Probably a very stupid question but with him being a first team regular since age of 18 if Lennon stays with us is there a realistic chance he could become our all time record appearance holder?

Back