• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

He'd have to play another 12 seasons with us playing the maximum 38 games a season to break Perrymans record of most league appearences.

He'd have to play another 12 seasons with us playing the maximum 38 games a season to break Perrymans record of most league appearences.

That's insane ...

Hopefully Lennon is fit and starts tomorrow, the width/pace options the combination of he and Bale offer together helps against lower level teams.

I remember when he first joined us he was such a threat. He'd beat his man with such ease. Hoping he gets back to that level, but have a few doubts. Has he lost a smidge of pace?

Time to justify that strut Azza, or AVB will go all Willian on you soon mate

Finally got some decent competition, he plays better when he has some...

Agreed. Having decent competition might also mean more playing time for Lennon when the game suits him and less when the game doesn't.

Lennon's days at the club are numbered the moment we switch away from two banks of four on a regular basis.

Quite a few teams that play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 have out and out wingers in their squads that provide important options for them. Navas for Spain is the most obvious example, and Pellegrini obviously wants that specific option at Emirates Marketing Project too.

United have played several formations in recent years and Valencia has been an important part of their squad.

If he loses his place in the regular starting 11 it's up to Lennon to prove his worth to the team again when given the chance. And he will be given chances as rotation and injuries happen. I think there are quite a few left backs in the league that won't be happy about the prospect of Lennon coming on in the last 30 minutes when they're starting to tire and space is starting to open up around them.

Lennon is so frustrating, I still believe he could be MUCH better(not that he's useless now or anything) but no one seems to have been able to push him up that next level. I think he lacks confidence and motivation.

I don't think he's like Gervinho at all, when Gervinho has a mare of a game, it's that he's trying to do too much and doesn't seem to be quite sure of how to do it. When Aaron has a mare, he tends to be a bit of a shrinking violet in my opinion. A very frustrating player I do agree though

Lennon needs to get back to his swashbuckling best if he wants to keep his place in this side IMO . He needs to learn the Spurs way is give and go, not give and stand around.

Lennon is so frustrating, I still believe he could be MUCH better(not that he's useless now or anything) but no one seems to have been able to push him up that next level. I think he lacks confidence and motivation.
I feel like his unselfishness is both one of his biggest strengths and weaknesses. He is good at tracking back, never complains, one of few players we have who makes the extra pass instead of shooting whenever they get the ball near the penalty area. But he also tend to fall out of games and play simple passes even when we need him to attack his defender and do more.
Still love him, but his lack of assertiveness can be very frustrating, there is so much potential in there if he just was a bit more of a selfish clown shoe on the field, like most attacking players are.

A lot of people are calling for Andros Townsend, but he has a lot to learn in my opinion. He is in the way the opposite of Aaron Lennon, in terms of their deficiencies as players. Whenever Townsend gets the ball he just seems to run with it until he either loses it or gets a shot off. He hardly ever passes the ball. He needs to learn to get his head up pick the right option in terms of when to dribble/shoot/pass.

I thought so too. He started very well.

I'd like to see him take on a man more. I mean if needed, just put him on the left and have him cut in to cause some havoc for the right back if anything, just let him get more involved in the game. Would NEVER get rid of him though, he seems happy to be at Spurs, think he's great to have when on form and he's always a great option to have off the bench too.

I think he'll be much more useful this season due to Soldado. Its been a almost complete waste of time for him trying to cross into packed penalty boxes into Defoe and Ade over the last few years. Soldado will be able to find the gaps between defenders to get on the end of Lennon's crosses. Lennon wont have to cut inside so much.

He played much better with Stalteri and Corluka as they have him space to move into. Walker cramps him on the right hand side,

Back