• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

I would rather we won the game and eventually go on to win the cup and hurt King's feelings than play King and we lose the game. It has not been 1 bad game. He has been deteriorating this season. He is still a class defender, but his legs can't match his brain anymore. We can't pick players based on emotion.

Sadly, this.

When he's 50 years old people will still be posting stuff like this. We've gotta learn to move on

When he's 50 years old people will still be posting stuff like this. We've gotta learn to move on

This, he is the second best CB i have seen at the lane and has been a great player but he should retire at the end of the season. Too many of us are looking through rose tinted glasses when we talk about him, he has not just had one poor game it started against City and it has continued.

Id like to save King for the Semi, and the Final.

If Gallas and Kaboul are fit, they should be our PL pairing imo. I hope he shoves these words down my throat though!

I would rather we won the game and eventually go on to win the cup and hurt King's feelings than play King and we lose the game. It has not been 1 bad game. He has been deteriorating this season. He is still a class defender, but his legs can't match his brain anymore. We can't pick players based on emotion.

Sadly I have to agree :( He still reads the game well but can't seem to cope with the physical aspect any more as we've seen recently against Stoke, Everton, ManU, ARSEnal and Norwich.

so he was crap too against swansea?
King didn't play against Swansea afaik...

who hasnt though?

but i get your lack of faith in the king, i am unwaivering tbh.

king to start

There for me is a correlation as to why so many centre halves seem to look dodgy when played alongside Kaboul....

Add to that the fact the centre halves weren't protected at all against Norwich and you have an issue. Parker will be back for Sunday which will have a huge impact.

King isn't the player he used to be unfortunately, nowhere near. But I still rate him above Kaboul, and probably Nelsen too.

There for me is a correlation as to why so many centre halves seem to look dodgy when played alongside Kaboul....

Add to that the fact the centre halves weren't protected at all against Norwich and you have an issue. Parker will be back for Sunday which will have a huge impact.

King isn't the player he used to be unfortunately, nowhere near. But I still rate him above Kaboul, and probably Nelsen too.

On ability, sure he is still better than Kaboul and Nelsen, by some distance! But he simply can't run anymore. I'm not exaggerating by saying that he must be one of the slowest defenders in the league now. If you get bullied, out muscled and done for pace by Grant Holt, then there is clearly a problem.

Anyone arguing that King should play on Sunday, clearly has not been watching recent matches. King has been woeful... absolutely brick.... There you have it. He should not be anywhere near the starting eleven on form... sad.... but true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets wait a couple of decades for that why dont we, in the mean time the guy is stil our best CB

Dude I have to call out on this one. I love Ledley, but no way is he currently our best centre back, if you think he is then I will question how often you have seen Spurs play this season. At their best Ledley and Campbell have been far and away the two best centre backs I have ever seen play for Spurs but right now even though Ledley may have the experience Kaboul is definitely our best centre back right now and has been all season

Sadly, the finest two CBs of their era have been crocks, I rated Woodgate highly before we bought him, between the latter half of Ledley's career being blighted and JW's career being a series of blights England have been deprived of two fantastic players. If those two had been fit they'd brick all over Terry, Ferdinand and anyone else you care to mention in their age group.

I've noticed this correlation too, i attribute it to us not really having another centre back of Kaboul's standard, so of course anyone standing next to him is going to look dodgy.

Back