• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

I got tears in my eyes. Ledley - true club legend.

likewise. love that man :(

really wish he could continue.. even at reduced capacity, he's still better than most CB's on the planet.

hope vertonghen can go some way to filling his massive shoes.

thanks for the memories ledley.

Ledley for DOF!

dtho14November11Ledley021.jpg

Attachments

• dtho14November11Ledley021.jpg
    dtho14November11Ledley021.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 6
Best english defender I have ever seen live.....legend is not a word to be used lightly, but in Ledleys case feel free

So gutting, for him and us. The number 26 shirt should not be worn again by anyone else in his honour. I hope he stays on as a coach and stays involved with the club. As people have said, if he was injury free, he would have easily been considered the best in the world and off playing for Real. Time to watch the Robben tackle on loop, everytimei watch it theres still some anticipation on how he's gonna make up the ground on on eof the quickest players in the league at the time!

Christ its a sad day. Knew it was coming but still sad all the same.

Always wonder how good he could have been without the injuries.

So the King finally abdicates.

Thanks, Ledley, for everything. I can say, without a trace of exaggeration or embarrassment that you were a world class central defender. One of the best that England has ever produced. No one made the game look easier than you did. Such a shame that your career was blighted by injury. It is a miracle (and a testament to your enduring class) that you managed to continue playing at the highest level for as long as you did, despite not being able to train during the week. There can be no doubt that you would have reached a century of caps for England had you been fit. On the flip side, there's probably no doubt, either, that you wouldn't have spent your entire career at Spurs had you been fit (though, doubtless, you would have left with infinitely more class than that Munchausen's Syndrome sufferer, Campbell). You were a player that deserved to be winning the biggest competitions and it's such a shame that your career at Spurs happened to span a period in which the club was mostly mediocre.

No longer a King and a player. Instead, a King and an Ambassador. Long may you reign over us.

Thierry Henry said -
"I don't like defenders who hold the shirts of other players. The only defender here who doesn't do that and sometimes still gets the ball off my feet easily is Ledley King.

"He is the only guy who doesn't hold players. He will get the ball off you without you even noticing. For me, that is a good defender.

"He plays without any contact yet is somehow still strong and gets the ball without doing any fouls."

Gutted that other fans will never fully understand the quality player Ledley was, and that he'll never have the accolades Terry&co. do.
He deserved a lot more with the talent and determination he had, but it's been a real pleasure to see him wear the shirt and lead the team. Absolute legend, and one of my favourite players- thanks for everything, Ledley.

Back