• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

I've periodically scoured the web for the Huckerby tackle in the past whenever I remember it - but it seems that it's nowhere to be found on the internet. If anyone on here has it and can upload it you'd be a legend! As I remember it's much better than the Robben one and stopped an even clearer chance.

pretty sure its in the compilation posted in this thread

His tackle against Robben
His tackle against Huckerby
His string of unbelievable performances against Arsenal, Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project all within 2 weeks
His header against Arsenal in 05/06
Him lifting the Carling Cup trophy
His performance against France at Euro 2004.

name a few

That was truly maginificent! He had Henry in his pocket, when you consider he had just been the best player in an Arsenal team that went unbeaten, it was some achievement to make him look so ordinary!

Is that still the fastest Premier League goal? I'm guessing not as that was quite a few years back now....

Yeah the record still stands.

I remember being in the park lane for that Robben tackle, one of the best atmospheres I've experienced at the lane.

Sent shivers down my spine. What a fantastic player, and despite the knee he still played a load of games, lifted a trophy at Wemberly, played for his country and played in the CL. Legend.

The first ever spurs captain to lift a trophy at wembley, lead his side out in the champions league and play for his country at a world cup and euros ?

That Chelsea game is probably the best game I've ever been to at the lane. I was in park lane lower and somehow ended up being 8 rows further forward at the end of the game compared to the start!

Official: Ledley King retires.

LEDLEY CALLS TIME, BUT IT'S FAR FROM GOODBYE
Posted 19 July 2012 11:00am
Notable high points came with the lifting of the Carling Cup in 2008 after victory over Chelsea at Wembley, with Ledley steering the team to Champions League qualification for the first time in our history in season 2009-10.

His performances for the Club were recognised on the international front and he made his England debut against Italy in March 2002. Ledley won 21 international caps in total and appeared in both the 2004 European Championships and the 2010 World Cup.

"Ledley has made a magnificent contribution to this Club - as a wonderful player, Captain and ambassador," said Chairman Daniel Levy. "It has been well documented how he has battled against injury over the years and it is testament to the character of the man how he managed to sustain such high standards of performance on the pitch, while providing such fine leadership.

"It is in an ambassadorial capacity that Ledley will continue, playing a crucial role in supporting the Club's work in the community and the ongoing regeneration of the Tottenham area, whilst also being a hugely positive role model for our younger players.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," reflected Ledley.

“I know that being a one-club man is a rarity these days, but I have always enjoyed being part of the set-up here and the challenge of putting this Club up with the elite where it should be.

“I would like to say thank you to everyone at the Club and to the fans. I have missed a lot of football over the years, but the Spurs fans have always been patient and incredibly supportive with me during difficult periods. Sadly my injuries and inability to train have now finally brought an end to my career.”
"I have been in Tottenham for around 17 years, having started at Spurs when I was 14. It is a second home for me and I pleased that I can continue to work within the Club and for the local community, especially after the devastation caused by the riots last year. I am already heavily involved with the work of Spurs Foundation and the new stadium scheme will be a major factor in the regeneration of the area, so I am delighted that I shall be part of that.'

Absolute Legend - the best player we have produced from his generation

Thanks for the memories, Ledley - wise decision =D>

I sincerely hope he'd be given a fitting testimonial - Real Madrid, Juventus, etc.

A sad sad sad day. Will always be one of my favourite players and a true Spurs legend that will never be forgotten. LONG LIVE THE KING.

Very sad day for football in my opinion. The fact that he has to retire at 31 is heart breaking.

The best centre half the country has produced since Bobby Moore. An injury free Ledley King would have been someone that probably wouldn't even be at Spurs because he was that good he'd be playing for Real Madrid or someone like that. No defender in the world could play at the highest level with some injury problems and not even train. Will be missed, the name is fitting because he was King.

Back