• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

How much does he get paid for that "analysis"? Spurs are due a bad run ... Liverpool will have to watch Bale .... Liverpool are starting to get goals from different areas (including 2 penalties in a rout against Swansea reserves) ... Stewart Downing is contributing more - well I guess tucking in his shirt is still "more" than last season

Thundertwunt

Tottenham did a great job against Arsenal last week, but after all that hard work they need at least a draw at Liverpool.

If they lose, and Arsenal win their game in hand, then we're back to where we were. If you look at the fixtures, then after the away game at Swansea I'd say Arsenal have got a lovely run-in and I expect them to win seven more games.

Some people are getting carried away by saying Tottenham can finish second, but if Arsenal are chasing anybody, it's Tottenham. I know they are having a great run, but they haven't had a blip this season and all it will take is a couple of defeats and a draw to let Arsenal back in.

The Europa League will help Arsenal immensely as well. Tottenham will be playing on Thursdays and Sundays and that could take its toll. I don't think it will be a big issue this week, though; Tottenham have had two great results against Arsenal and Inter Milan and you don't feel tired when you're winning.

Liverpool's still a tough place to go, though, and I fancy them to win this game. They can beat anybody on their day and the players are getting used to the way Brendan Rodgers wants them to play.

He's bought well and he's let go of the reins on Steven Gerrard, too. He was asking him to play tippy-tappy football earlier in the season and that's not his game.

Plus, they've got Luis Suarez and a lot of people are talking about him and Gareth Bale ahead of this match. They're both great players who tick a million boxes and I really couldn't choose who I'd rather have in my team; they're both as good as each other.

But if I was picking my Player of the Season I wouldn't choose either of them. It would be Robin van Persie for me because he has won the league for Man United and has made the difference for them after last year.

I can't work out why people are saying Bale should get the award. He's maybe helped Tottenham to get in the Champions League. The problem with the PFA Player of the Year Award is that people were asked to vote two weeks ago - and whoever is playing well at that time wins. He's got 11 goals in his last nine games, but he only got seven in his first 20 games for Spurs this year!

But he is a great player. Like Suarez, he can do something out of the ordinary. They can score goals when the team is playing terribly and that's a big advantage. Arsenal, for example, haven't got that.

But overall, I don't think Tottenham are as good as people say they are and at the end of a long week I think Liverpool will win this at home.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

I see Jamie R on sky sports has gone for Liverpool win as well along with Suarez being a better player than Bale. We also travelled to Milan on Thursday apparently, could have sworn it was WHL but their you go!

The annoying thing is I can see us losing this because of all the massive games we've had recently and Liverpool having affectively roll overs, so they'll be fresh as daisy's. the pundits aren't really mentioning this though, just they think Liverpool are playing better, annoyingly they'll think that's true if they win like they probably should do.

Will be delighted if we get something out of this all things considered.

Tottenham did a great job against Arsenal last week, but after all that hard work they need at least a draw at Liverpool.

If they lose, and Arsenal win their game in hand, then we're back to where we were. If you look at the fixtures, then after the away game at Swansea I'd say Arsenal have got a lovely run-in and I expect them to win seven more games.

Some people are getting carried away by saying Tottenham can finish second, but if Arsenal are chasing anybody, it's Tottenham. I know they are having a great run, but they haven't had a blip this season and all it will take is a couple of defeats and a draw to let Arsenal back in.

The Europa League will help Arsenal immensely as well. Tottenham will be playing on Thursdays and Sundays and that could take its toll. I don't think it will be a big issue this week, though; Tottenham have had two great results against Arsenal and Inter Milan and you don't feel tired when you're winning.

Liverpool's still a tough place to go, though, and I fancy them to win this game. They can beat anybody on their day and the players are getting used to the way Brendan Rodgers wants them to play.

He's bought well and he's let go of the reins on Steven Gerrard, too. He was asking him to play tippy-tappy football earlier in the season and that's not his game.

Plus, they've got Luis Suarez and a lot of people are talking about him and Gareth Bale ahead of this match. They're both great players who tick a million boxes and I really couldn't choose who I'd rather have in my team; they're both as good as each other.

But if I was picking my Player of the Season I wouldn't choose either of them. It would be Robin van Persie for me because he has won the league for Man United and has made the difference for them after last year.

I can't work out why people are saying Bale should get the award. He's maybe helped Tottenham to get in the Champions League. The problem with the PFA Player of the Year Award is that people were asked to vote two weeks ago - and whoever is playing well at that time wins. He's got 11 goals in his last nine games, but he only got seven in his first 20 games for Spurs this year!

But he is a great player. Like Suarez, he can do something out of the ordinary. They can score goals when the team is playing terribly and that's a big advantage. Arsenal, for example, haven't got that.

But overall, I don't think Tottenham are as good as people say they are and at the end of a long week I think Liverpool will win this at home.

Prick

Everything is looking bad for us, due a loss, tired, Liverpool suddenly becoming a great side, it will be a shame when we kick their fudging arses.

Ok we will listen to your opinion

images

I don't mind all the pundits not fancying us this season. We seem to do better when no one believes in us. It was the same the first time we finished 4th under Harry. Everyone in the media seemed to think we would not make it. This year it seems to be the same. Last season, however, everyone was talking about how good we were. Not only were we nailed on for the top 3, but some were even saying we could be in with a shout for the title at one stage. And we all remember how it ended.
So let them continue to put us down. It will only make it taste even sweeter (if possible) if we make it.

Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

Tottenham played well for an hour at Anfield and looked the good side we know they are. But losing against Liverpool makes this a big game for them, especially coming after a Europa League trip to play Inter Milan.

How they bounce back is important and, in terms of what shape they are in for a top-four finish, this game will tell us more about Spurs than a narrow defeat against Liverpool did.

Fulham are in decent form but they are not great away from home, and I can see Tottenham passing this particular test.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Fulham

Lawro's 2012-13 Premier League Predictions & Table

Noticed his Southampton-Liverpool comment:

Tottenham looked a very good side for an hour or so at Anfield on Saturday, but a couple of moments of quality won it for Liverpool.

Yeah - a couple of moments of "quality" from Walker and Defoe #-o

He really is a twunt

Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

Tottenham played well for an hour at Anfield and looked the good side we know they are. But losing against Liverpool makes this a big game for them, especially coming after a Europa League trip to play Inter Milan.

How they bounce back is important and, in terms of what shape they are in for a top-four finish, this game will tell us more about Spurs than a narrow defeat against Liverpool did.

What a condescending twunt. Makes it sound like we're the little battlers that could that almost got a shock result against the might of Liverpool.

Back