• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

Waited for Statto to post this, but the hour is getting late:

Tottenham v Wigan

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is still in court but that won't make any difference to Spurs, because again Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond will handle their preparation for this game.

Spurs didn't play well in the FA Cup against Watford on Friday but they got the all-important win.

I'm not really surprised that Tottenham have not bought anyone yet during this month's transfer window because, generally, all the big teams, unless they are in the middle of a rebuilding programme like Chelsea, are not able to get players of the quality they want.

It is teams who are in the middle to bottom of the Premier League table who are more likely to be doing late business, and Wigan are obviously in that category.

They have already brought in Jean Beausejour from Birmingham and tried to get Nicky Maynard from Bristol City. If they can get them, then a couple more new faces would definitely help the Latics out.

But they have been near the bottom of the table for a long time now and I think the problem they have got is that a lot of players might not fancy a relegation battle.

Kurt Angle says: "Ummm, this is a bit taxing. But I'm looking at the league table so it's going to be a win for Spurs."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

lawro-570x287.jpg

Man Utd and Emirates Marketing Project will probably go the rest of the season unbeaten

Lawro the Twunt Says....

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (Monday, 20:00 GMT)

This fixture is the only one Kenny Dalglish has lost at home in the league since coming back as Anfield boss in January 2011, a 2-1 defeat in May of that year where Tottenham completely outplayed Liverpool, especially across midfield.

Liverpool are a different proposition now, and have just had three very good results against Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United and Wolves, but I am probably inching towards a draw here, which is hardly sticking my neck out because Liverpool tend to draw at home a lot.

If I were Kenny Dalglish - and I think his tactical changes against United won the game last weekend - I would probably keep things tight. You need to put a barrier in midfield to stop Spurs playing, and we've seen Liverpool do it before.

One factor which might stop Dalglish doing that is his dilemma up front because Andy Carroll has started to look like his old self lately and now Luis Suarez is available, so what should he do?

The reason Carroll has just started to get his strength, touch and belief back is because he has been playing regular games, so do you sideline him again now?

Or do you bring in Suarez and go with two up top against Tottenham at home, leaving yourself open to being ripped apart in midfield? You'd have to think not.

Tottenham were another team who were busy on deadline day. Signing Louis Saha is an interesting one because, as all the players at Everton will tell you, he is a good player but your first problem with him is getting him on the pitch, because he does get injured very easily.

If Saha is fit, he will get you a goal and I can see Harry Redknapp's thinking because he has a team that has got pace down the flanks and some really clever players like Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart.

Redknapp is probably thinking that Saha might not start too many games, but he also knows he can give him something a little bit different when he does feature.

Prediction: Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Here are all of Lawro's 240 invidudal Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

Back