• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2015/16

someone needs to check on him, he could be having an episode

He has six 2-0s and three 1-1s in his predictions this week. I think everything is as usual and it's just a case of reverse jinxing. Paul the drunkard even has us down for a win.

Merson must have had a stroke or something, but for once he's actually right!

Mauricio Pochettino's team haven't lost since the opening day of the season, a 1-0 reverse at Old Trafford, and our eight-match unbeaten streak is the longest in the Premier League.

However, in that run are five draws – also the most in league – including Saturday's stalemate against Liverpool but Merson, who usually hates on us, reckons Spurs have been unlucky not to pick up all three points in more matches.

“They should be top of the league,” the pundit told Sky Sports.

“They went to Old Trafford and they should have got a point. They were 2-0 up against Stoke City, and they threw that away.

“They should have beaten Everton at home and they should have beaten Swansea away.

“You put all those points together, and I think they are in a false position. I’ve been impressed with Tottenham, and that’s coming from me. I think they’ve been bang unlucky.”

- See more at: http://thetottenhamway.com/article/...ld-be-top-of-the-league?#sthash.oo9hkujY.dpuf
http://thetottenhamway.com/article/Ar5ena1-legend-says-spurs-should-be-top-of-the-league?

Last edited:
He has a point.... I think we have been the better team overall in every single game we have played this season. It is a stark contrast to the opening third of last season where we came away with the points quite often but were lucky in a number of games.

My thoughts as well.

Bournemouth v Tottenham (14:05 GMT)

Bournemouth were unlucky to be beaten 5-1 at Emirates Marketing Project last week but, even so, I am starting to get a bit worried for them.

Their injury problems are a big factor of course but are their players starting to think they are doomed? It is a tough job for the Cherries boss to turn it round.

Tottenham have not lost in the league since the opening game of the season at Manchester United.

A big reason for that is that they are well-organised defensively but Dele Alli is starting to really look the part too, and they should have too much for Bournemouth.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Tottenham v Aston Villa (20:00 GMT)

Tottenham are going really well at the moment, even if the 5-1 scoreline flattered them a bit in their win over Bournemouth.

Spurs have still not lost in the league since the opening day at Old Trafford and, whether Aston Villa have a new manager by Monday night or not, it is hard to see them ending that run.

We are all waiting to see who Villa go for to replace Tim Sherwood.

It looks like their first choice is Remi Garde, who would know all about their French players, but appointing anyone who is untried in the Premier League as a manager would be a gamble, especially because Villa are rock bottom.

I think the key to Tottenham's recent results is a really good defensive base, which is very much Mauricio Pochettino's way.

He is clearly building from there and the whole team has definitely improved but next week's north London derby will probably show that Arsenal are still quite a bit above them. Spurs are nowhere near their level yet.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Back