• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Making an incomplete pass on the edge of the oppositions box is not a brain fart. It happens. They broke ridiculously well with Yaya and they got a goal from an offside position and maybe, maybe Lloris could have done better with it.

It's the shoves in an opponent's back when he's on the sidelines facing away from goal that bothers me the most. How many freekicks will he give away like that before he figures out what he's doing wrong?

I am not talking about the City game neither do I blame him for the own goal vs Utd - That could happen to anyone. I hope I am proved wrong in future.

Still say other than Zabaletta there is not a better right back in the league

People have always said he uses pace to get himself out of trouble... Well why wouldn't you use it if you have it

Yes he does have lapses every now and the and some cost us but invariably there from him trying something positive

Give me him doing that every day if the week over the likes of clyne who can't pass beyond 5 yards and offers nothing reall going forward or in defence either

Still say other than Zabaletta there is not a better right back in the league

People have always said he uses pace to get himself out of trouble... Well why wouldn't you use it if you have it

Yes he does have lapses every now and the and some cost us but invariably there from him trying something positive

Give me him doing that every day if the week over the likes of clyne who can't pass beyond 5 yards and offers nothing reall going forward or in defence either

That is cobblers clyne was a real attacking asset at soton.

That is cobblers clyne was a real attacking asset at soton.

No he wasn't
He is awful going forward
He got tow great goals granted but generally played the ball out more than in when I saw them
In fact most of the time he we've ventured beyond the half way line as they were such a defensive unit
It shows more so at international level we're he has been woeful too

He has deteriorated and is even more brainless than he was before.

Walker is another one who has hate towards him when I don't see more than two better right backs in the country. People seem to think that modern day full backs at other clubs don't get caught out high up the pitch, always produce Beckhamesque crosses every time they go forward and of course never commit a foul.

Walker is a little frustrating but he is 100% a very capable right back and should be afforded a lot more respect than he currently gets. In fact him and Rose are a great duo in our system and add a good deal to our side.

He is prone to those risky passes into and across his own box when we're under pressure, but I agree with Jordinho's point.

I think Walker is awesome. His pace is such an asset for us, so is his drive and determination. Whatever his weaknesses, you don't see Walker giving up.

Yes, his crosses are mostly woeful and bar a few crackers his shooting leaves a lot to be desired as well, but he provides width going forwards and is much less exposed defensively now than a few years back.

He's vital to us, IMO, and not at all as poor defensively as he's sometimes made out to be.

Good game from Walker today I thought. Continues to look like he's returning to his best form for us.

Yeah he got done a bit for their first goal, but Montero has done much worse to good full backs in the league. One on one he got a cross in with his weaker foot with a decent bit of skill. If Vertonghen or Alderweireld wins that header no one remembers that situation.

I remember last season, Walker got outpaced by Montero. As in actually got outrun by him, rarely if ever seen that happen before. Probably a lack of fitness after his injury. But today, as illustrated by the top speed stats, Walker was easily the quickest. And not once did he get done by a "race to the touchline" situation. A lot of really quality defending today. What's more impressive is that he did that while we left him fairly exposed. Montero looked threathening, but actually created very little I thought.

Accepting that we can leave Walker exposed against a winger like that gives us a lot of freedom. Both when attacking and when pushing over to compress play on the other side of the pitch.

He really is one of the best full backs defensively one on one in the league when in form. Continues to baffle me how people focus on his attacking contribution over his defending as his standout quality.

Good game from Walker today I thought. Continues to look like he's returning to his best form for us.

Yeah he got done a bit for their first goal, but Montero has done much worse to good full backs in the league. One on one he got a cross in with his weaker foot with a decent bit of skill. If Vertonghen or Alderweireld wins that header no one remembers that situation.

I remember last season, Walker got outpaced by Montero. As in actually got outrun by him, rarely if ever seen that happen before. Probably a lack of fitness after his injury. But today, as illustrated by the top speed stats, Walker was easily the quickest. And not once did he get done by a "race to the touchline" situation. A lot of really quality defending today. What's more impressive is that he did that while we left him fairly exposed. Montero looked threathening, but actually created very little I thought.

Accepting that we can leave Walker exposed against a winger like that gives us a lot of freedom. Both when attacking and when pushing over to compress play on the other side of the pitch.

He really is one of the best full backs defensively one on one in the league when in form. Continues to baffle me how people focus on his attacking contribution over his defending as his standout quality.

Agreed....loads of people dishing out their diatribe about Walker at the game. Sigh. We should thank our lucky stars we have a quick RB. Montero will (and has) rinse out many a full back.

Thought he got left exposed and coped really well. A couple of brick moments aside he owned montero and did so well. That guy can ruin good full backs and if he had switched sides I think he would have had a better time of it as the guy is bloody rapid!

Well done kyle - you are one of the Spurs players that it's fashionable to discredit but I at least think your top draw

Azpilicueta (when he plays on the right)
Bellerin
Darmain (new RB at ManU)

Are better right backs IMO.

I haven't seen Azpilicueta play in the right in this league so you could be right

darmain has looked ok so far but got mullered today

I rate Bellerin but think he is still young and that shows with his defending rather than his attacking

Buts that's just my opinion

Thought he got left exposed and coped really well. A couple of brick moments aside he owned montero and did so well. That guy can ruin good full backs and if he had switched sides I think he would have had a better time of it as the guy is bloody rapid!

Well done kyle - you are one of the Spurs players that it's fashionable to discredit but I at least think your top draw

The last line is 100% correct. He was isolated yet delay with almost everything well and did his attacking role too

Much maligned when it's fashionable and very under rated imo

It was embarrassing in one instance when Walker found himself isolated up front. He had no clue as to how to get past the last defender. He just isn't a footballer.

Christ we love slagging off our own players don't we, even when there is no real reason.

I find it quite distasteful. No player is perfect and some are better than others, but I don't think we have a player that warrants us slating them. Some fans expect to see perfection, or at least something that is akin to CL class, yet we all know we're not quite there yet.

FWIW, I think Walker is the best english RB out there. So what if he uses his pace to get himself out of trouble, the fact is that he has it and he uses his pace to also create and worry the opposition. He has not yet reached his potential but at this present moment in time, I'd love for someone to point out what other RB we should get.

Sligtly off topic but Naughton is proving himself to be quite good for Swansea. The slating he got from Spurs fans was unfair.

I was there yesterday and Walker had a good game. He was up against one of Swansea's best two players (Ayew being the other) and overall Walker probably just about got the better of him. Whereas over on the other side of the pitch I thought Ayew came out on top against Davies.

I didn't see the game yesterday so I don't know what role he played in the first goal but I don't and never have rated him as footballer. Nothing personal in that just imo that he is prone to really mindless, braindead moments that can and prove costly. Using his pace to get out of trouble is normally because his poor understanding of the game has stitched himself up or he has been a bit lazy about his reading of situations. This is all personal feel, I don't have any axe to grind at all but wouldn't be disappointed if he was sold at the typical overinflationary price and the money reinvested in a RB maybe a little more solid and durable.

I find it quite distasteful. No player is perfect and some are better than others, but I don't think we have a player that warrants us slating them. Some fans expect to see perfection, or at least something that is akin to CL class, yet we all know we're not quite there yet.

FWIW, I think Walker is the best english RB out there. So what if he uses his pace to get himself out of trouble, the fact is that he has it and he uses his pace to also create and worry the opposition. He has not yet reached his potential but at this present moment in time, I'd love for someone to point out what other RB we should get.

Sligtly off topic but Naughton is proving himself to be quite good for Swansea. The slating he got from Spurs fans was unfair.
Naughton was always a decent right back. The problem was that he was forced to play a number of games at left back and that led to many Spurs fans forming an opinion of him that was hard for him to change.

Back