• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Re: Kyle Walker to Chelsea

Would take a massive bid for me to be happy about the club selling Walker, particularly to a PL club, even more so to a rival like Chelsea.

£15m isn't nearly enough the way the market currently is.

He is possibly the thickest ever player Ive seen with his decision making on the pitch almost ridiculous sometimes, do think he has bags of potentail though

He randomly passes to the opposition! But he has pace to burn and skill. There is a great player under his skin.

He has gotten us out of trouble countless times with his pace what with the high line.

He's a young, highly physically adept full back. He has his bad moments but they are outweighed by his good and he will gain a lot of experience if he sticks with us.

Do not sell. We would be unlikely to buy a player better than Walker is now, never mind the player that he could become.

If he knows he can get himself 'out of trouble' with his pace, is that not just him using his attributes?

Last edited:

i believe that there were gaps in AVBs strategy last season resulting in our fullbacks being overexposed and having no real partner ahead of them. Even Verts faced a torrid time there once we were found out. i trust that AVB will have spotted this and will find a fix next season. the help needs to come from the midfield.

What? he has clearly regressed under AVB. The season gone past he was horrendous and the one before that he was young player of the year so GHod knows how he's improved a lot under AVB.

I think he was overrated by some distance during the 11/12 season. Most of the mistakes he's come under scrutiny for under AVB were there in his first season too, but he just wasn't punished for those mistakes as often.

Far from surprising that a highly rated (perhaps overrated) young player has a more disappointing second season. There's always going to be problems when those first errors end up costing the team combined with the pressure and stress from that along with higher expectations and more attention from opponents I think will make a player look worse in their second season quite often.

Walker has bounced back fairly quickly from that almost inevitable first setback, that to me is real progress.

His last couple of months was his best run of games for us I think. He's starting to look more composed when defending, but without losing his energy and enthusiasm. His passing is improving, although slowly (as can be expected).

He is possibly the thickest ever player Ive seen with his decision making on the pitch almost ridiculous sometimes, do think he has bags of potentail though

I think his lack of footballing intelligence gets overstated. He's made some errors and it often seemed he couldn't go a game without making some kind of error, although not always punished. He is very young though and has been playing in a back 4 (and goalie+midfield) that has been far from settled and with much being asked from him both defensively and going forward.

I think his decision making has improved considerably, as can be expected when a young player gains experience at the highest level. I think again that him being overrated in his first season lead to unrealistic expectations that turned out impossible to meet for him.

Like you I think he has a lot of potential, another couple of seasons with us and I think we can have a top class right back on our hands.

If we got 15-20m for him, I'd sell him immediately.

There are better RBs around like Daryll Janmaat for far less.

If we got 15-20m for him, I'd sell him immediately.

There are better RBs around like Daryll Janmaat for far less.

I've never seen Janmaat, but I'm quite sure Kyle Walker would be absolutely outstanding if playing in the Dutch league.

I'm also generally skeptical of people claiming that young defenders from smaller leagues can step up to play for big teams in big leagues. The Allan Hutton effect. Such a massive difference in the quality of opposition, tempo and how exposed you are when playing in a smaller league compared to a top league. I know Vertonghen has done really well, but he had proven himself in the Champions League against some very good teams, I don't think Janmaat has?

He's been Holland's starting right back since Van Gaal has taken over. A superior player to Gregory vd Wiel or Van Rhijn. Juventus are already looking at him.

I wish Holland had better opponents than Turkey and Romania in qualifying but so far he's come through those tests with flying colours.

Great going forward and an intelligent player too when going forward. Defensively it would do him good if Feyenoord were to actually do something in the Europa League. Better opponents to test himself against like you suggest but he's one to watch IMO.

Last edited:

He's been Holland's starting right back since Van Gaal has taken over. A superior player to Gregory vd Wiel or Van Rhijn. Juventus are already looking at him.

I wish Holland had better opponents than Turkey and Romania in qualifying but so far he's come through those tests with flying colours.

Great going forward and an intelligent player too when going forward. Defensively it would do him good if Feyenoord were to actually do something in the Europa League. Better opponents to test himself against like you suggest but he's one to watch IMO.

I'd take your opinion over mine obviously :)

If he signed for a PL club though I think he would come up against better players in over half the games than the best players he comes up against in the Dutch league. He would also come up against better teams week in week out (bar a couple of the top teams in the Dutch league and a couple of the bottom clubs in the PL perhaps). Teams that would test him at a completely different level. Also, his skills going forward would be put to the test at a different level with a higher tempo required of him.

I have seen a bit of Gregory vd Wiel and I think Kyle Walker is a better player than him, wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, Walker is better.
I also don't think vd Wiel takes his profession that seriously but hey, he's settled for life at PSG :lol: so fair play to him.

A move to a good side in the premiership like Spurs or even Everton would help Janmaat's development. It has helped Belgium's players for example to have those finishing touches to their development in the premiership or in another big league.
The thing why I really like Janmaat is that there always seems to be an idea behind his runs going forward or whenever he cuts inside. With some right backs you just wonder what the hell they are doing :lol:

Chelsea have emerged as the shock favourites to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Kyle Walker.

The Spurs right-back enjoyed an impressive season last term, as he made 50 appearances in all competitions for Andre Villas-Boas’ men.

And the Blues have now been backed to make a stunning swoop for the 23-year-old – with bookies slashing the odds on Walker making the short hop across London.

However, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will have to table a big bid to prise Walker away from White Hart Lane – as he is valued at around £15 million by Spurs supremos.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/28007-chelsea-transfer-news-blues-backed-for-walker-bid.php

Chelsea have emerged as the shock favourites to sign Tottenham Hotspur defender Kyle Walker.

The Spurs right-back enjoyed an impressive season last term, as he made 50 appearances in all competitions for Andre Villas-Boas’ men.

And the Blues have now been backed to make a stunning swoop for the 23-year-old – with bookies slashing the odds on Walker making the short hop across London.

However, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will have to table a big bid to prise Walker away from White Hart Lane – as he is valued at around £15 million by Spurs supremos.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/28007-chelsea-transfer-news-blues-backed-for-walker-bid.php

he might be a cactus head but he's our cactus head, take your dirty money Abramaovic buy yourself a Gillette glide razor and shove it up your ass.

Back