• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

One thing I notice with Walker is that he often makes great recovering tackles, often several in a game, but maybe the point is the truly great players don't need to make these recovering tackles in the first place if you get what I mean. If he was positionally sound there would be no need to chase back and make these tackles all the time?

Verts has done it a few times over the last few weeks and I think he is a great player.

With the amount of space we leave in behind, there is always going to be a requirement for some great last ditch tackles.

For example, what if Walker is staying level with Daws and Verts and BAE is lax and is keeping the opposition onside. The opposition play a through ball down Walker's side and he has to use his pace to get back and make a last ditch challenge. Is that his fault or BAE's? Not saying that always happens but it's unfair to say that because he makes some great last ditch tackles, he isn't positionally sound.

Walker is not a good footbaler, he has no technique, fails to read the play and his positioning is hopeless. Watched the game with my brother, he had to go at halftime, his parting words were "watch Walker fudge up in the second half." Delivered in spades. I am at a point now where I can barely watch this guy in possession. He just cannot be trusted anymore. All this talk of him being a young player and he will improve. Rubbish. Players with limited technique do not improve too much by the time they reach Walker's age. What you see is what you get, which in Walker's case isn't much. I'm sure Villa will be silly enough to offer eight mill to take him off our hands. Too much nostalgia on here for his 'wonder' goal (read fluke) against the Arse.

Walker is not a good footbaler, he has no technique, fails to read the play and his positioning is hopeless. Watched the game with my brother, he had to go at halftime, his parting words were "watch Walker fudge up in the second half." Delivered in spades. I am at a point now where I can barely watch this guy in possession. He just cannot be trusted anymore. All this talk of him being a young player and he will improve. Rubbish. Players with limited technique do not improve too much by the time they reach Walker's age. What you see is what you get, which in Walker's case isn't much. I'm sure Villa will be silly enough to offer eight mill to take him off our hands. Too much nostalgia on here for his 'wonder' goal (read fluke) against the Arse.

He has got much better defensively in the last 2 years. That last ditch tackle robbing Suarez of a certain goal within the first 5 minutes would never have been made by last season's Walker.
His passing is never gonna be top notch but his strength and pace going forward makes up for it.

He has got much better defensively in the last 2 years. That last ditch tackle robbing Suarez of a certain goal within the first 5 minutes would never have been made by last season's Walker.
His passing is never gonna be top notch but his strength and pace going forward makes up for it.

Last ditch tackles are often a consequence of poor postioning and failure to read the play.

I disagree, I don't think he's progressed very far defensively at all - did you see how sloppy he was when trying to defend the first goal yesterday? His pace makes up for his lack of positional awareness IMO.

He's just not very good and if it wasnt for his pace he would not be playing football.
He cannot cross, he cannot shoot (1 goal against arsenal) he gives the ball away and his passing is atrocious and decision making is baffling. Got lucky last year with getting young PFA player of the year.
Right back and Left back in the summer please.

Without Lennon in front of him he has to take on a more attacking mindset, Lennon also covers his arse quite a bit.

Still don't quite understand the defence splitting lob he played for their goal though.

I agree.

Some of hate Naughton gets on here is pathetic. Especially considering he has been playing at left back. He played away at Fulham at right back and he was solid, we also kept a clean sheet too. He is a much cleverer player than Walker thats for sure, he has good vision and passing range. I'd definitely like to see him play at right back. I reckon he would link up better with Lennon too as he's not as marauding as Walker is.

I can take it your not a fan of Kyle then :lol:

Walker made a mistake, defoe, Lloris, Ekotto too. It happens, but hey, we learn and move on. Few years ago it was Dawson. I was taken aback to see Lloris so far out when we had a defender nearby. But I think Walker has AVB's backing, and he'll learn from it. Wouldn't be bad to drop him for a game or two, but can we trust naughton to do the job ? Or anyone else ? Faith and backing.

I'm shocked at some of the crap written on here, Walker has the potential to be a first rate full back, one who has a lot to offer going forward as well.

I hate to break this to any of you but, unfortunately, we cannot go out and pay £20 million for a fully developed full back, we have to try and spot potential and develop the player ourselves. This means they'll make mistakes some times, and for a defender that can mean conceding a goal sadly.

If you want to support a club that only has a team full of ready made super stars, go and support Real Madrid.

Is that aimed at me as to why I've posted a video about one of Kyle Walkers fudge ups in the Walker thread?

Is that aimed at me as to why I've posted a video about one of Kyle Walkers fudge ups in the Walker thread?

Ah that's my bad, it didn't show the Walker pass the first time i pressed play. Just skipped to Lloris vs Downing.

Shocking pass from Walker, but can't really add anything that hasn't already been said.

Makes me wonder more about what Lloris was doing though tbh.

I'm shocked at some of the crap written on here, Walker has the potential to be a first rate full back, one who has a lot to offer going forward as well.

I hate to break this to any of you but, unfortunately, we cannot go out and pay £20 million for a fully developed full back, we have to try and spot potential and develop the player ourselves. This means they'll make mistakes some times, and for a defender that can mean conceding a goal sadly.

If you want to support a club that only has a team full of ready made super stars, go and support Real Madrid.

I agree totally.

Ah that's my bad, it didn't show the Walker pass the first time i pressed play. Just skipped to Lloris vs Downing.

Makes me wonder more about what Lloris was doing though tbh.

Lloris clearly thought he could get there and to be fair to him he did, but GHod knows what went through his head when he got there, he sort of half-ass'd it when it looks to me like he could have just whacked it away, could have taken Downing out too and he'd only have got a yellow card as Vertonghen was covering. Or, he could have just stayed on his life as Downing would have went away from goal as Vertonghen was coming over.

Back