• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Hope Wanyama and Dembele both take him out when we play City in preseason. He's just a money grabbing fluffy bunnies cuddling, so good riddance to him. If he isn't loyal then I'm happy that he fudged off.
Isn't loyal? He's been here for years,behave! He's served us well, and probably for several reasons has chosen pasteurs new. Good luck to him.....

Exactly - the owner of this club and many before him view us as an Ajax or a Dortmund. To them the trophy is buying small and selling big.

This is what needs to change. People need to be in charge of our club who see us as a Real Madrid and tell people who show interest in our best players (especially our direct rivals) to fudge right off.

I know a lot of people on here are going to call me a child etc etc and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my sole focus is on this disease that has gripped this club since the mid 80s and directly resulted in us winning hardly anything since then.

I thought the disease was gone but now I know it hasn't.

Why was Hoddle sold to Monaco? He wanted to try something different no doubt but the owner of the club who's sole aim should be OUR clubs progression should have said no your not going. Same time and time again; Waddle to Marseille, we were happy to sell gazza before the injury. Why? Absurd decision. Even Klinsmann. Why didn't Sugar say I don't care what you want you are staying. And then Levy comes on board a few years later and time and time again amazing players sold to clubs who don't share our small club mentality.

All you apologists who come out with nonesense like 'oh but they'd down tools' absolute load of bollox.

32 damn years since the mid 80s and we have 1 f.a. Cup to show for it.

The above is why that pathetic record is reality and why I'm absolutely furious to see it continue.

I am afraid that is complete gonad*s.

The player is gone because the manager no longer wanted him. We got a the record transfer fee for an English player. For a full back! That money will go into strengthening the squad and signing players who are on board with Poch's methods. We do not have space for players who aren't.

Sadly, we will never be Real Madrid because we will never be able to match them for money. Pretending otherwise is just setting yourself up for a fall.

Last edited:
Exactly - the owner of this club and many before him view us as an Ajax or a Dortmund. To them the trophy is buying small and selling big.

This is what needs to change. People need to be in charge of our club who see us as a Real Madrid and tell people who show interest in our best players (especially our direct rivals) to fudge right off.

I know a lot of people on here are going to call me a child etc etc and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my sole focus is on this disease that has gripped this club since the mid 80s and directly resulted in us winning hardly anything since then.

Why was Hoddle sold to Monaco? He wanted to try something different no doubt but the owner of the club who's sole aim should be OUR clubs progression should have said no your not going. Same time and time again; Waddle to Marseille, we were happy to sell gazza before the injury. Why? Absurd decision. Even Klinsmann. Why didn't Sugar say I don't care what you want you are staying. And then Levy comes on board a few years later and time and time again amazing players sold to clubs who don't share our small club mentality.

All you apologists who come out with nonesense like 'oh but they'd down tools' absolute load of bollox.

The above is why that pathetic record is reality and why I'm absolutely furious to see it continue.

"Why was Hoddle sold to Monaco?"
Can you tell me the date and who is the prime minister is?

Scanning around the media and internet, I haven't seen anyone not associated with Spurs saying that we've sold Walker on the cheap. Everyone is shocked by how much City have paid and have praised Levy for getting over 50 mill

Gary Lineker is the latest to come out with an opinion and he has tweeted that 50 mill is mental for Walker and he said imagine how much Walker would have cost he he could actually cross the ball:)

His agency confirmed its £54m and a world record

Did we do so as well? The OS never runs well for me.

Either way, that's good news. I *knew* City f*cking lied. I just wanted (and want) us to confirm it too, to rub it in their oily faces.

Ah, well. Farewell, Kyle. Thank you for your eight years of service, and for giving it your all in the shirt - for all the blood and sweat you gave to this club, and for the journey you took us on for the better part of a decade. You were the best RB at the club since Carr (well, maybe barring Corluka for a season or two), and I'm only sad that you never had the chance to win anything with us before moving on. You'll get a warm welcome when you come to Wembley this year, and I hope the same happens at the new stadium next year - and personally, I've got nothing but gratitude for your service and the way you handled this move.

Adios, Kyle. Thank you. I'd wish you luck, but honestly, I'd like the club you signed for to go die in an oil-fuelled dumpster fire, so I'm can't bring myself to do it. :p

@AjaxDeSuperYids - I feel your anger. I share it to some degree - we shouldn't sell within the league, ever, and selling our best players is always a massive gamble.

But what could Levy do? Poch wanted him out. Levy backed his manager. Is that not what we have been clamoring for during all these years where Levy penny-pinched on deals and then sacked his coaches for failing to deliver using the second-choice players that remained?

We don't need the money in order to buy players; firstly there is so much money in football now that the fee is meaningless imo. People keep saying 'oh great buy this guy for this and this leaves that left over for that.' It's a load of bollox, simple. Secondly we don't even need any new players anyway.

This whole thing is simply another example of the small club mentality THFC has had for too damn long.

This Club has been selling its best players since the mid 80s. It's unacceptable and it is why since the mid 80s we have hardly won a damn thing. Time and again custodians in charge of our great Club have betrayed us the fans. Everyone trying to pin this on Walker because it suits them and it suits the Club. Truth is Poch wanted him gone and Levy was happy to oblige.

The pair of them are idiots plain and simple for selling him to a direct rival. It should not have happened and I suspect Rose would have gone in a double deal if he was fit.

I'm delighted with Levy for the magnificent upgrade to our infrastructure but very much look forward to him being gone not long after the stadium is finished. I thought we had well and truly joined the elite after last season but we haven't and the guy I debated on here sometime ago that said City aren't our rivals is correct. They probably actually aren't our rivals because we have a small club mentality that has plagued this club since the mid 80s.

The only way I view this transfer as remotely acceptable is if it has been established that KWP is the real deal and ready now.

If we go and buy someone else for RB and then get a Barkley with the rest of the cash then that is pathetic. We don't need this money, Levy can stick it up his ass.

Same bloody cycle with this club. Absolute joke.

I see you are still throwing your toys out of your pram.

I think you undervalue the role of the players here though.

I can't comment on some of the older transfers you mention but the bale and modric scenarios are good examples. For how long could we really have kept either of them? Even if they didn't down tools, keeping and motivating someone that doesn't want to be there and pined for a better job would be extremely difficult.

I really like and rate walker but I just don't think this is the disaster it's being painted as in some quarters. I think our defensive shape can accommodate trippier's deficiencies, in much the same way as it accommodated Ben Davies' in the last few months. Pace and power isn't everything, and I trust that trippier will adapt to the needs of the team with more games and coaching.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Fapatalk

I don't agree. This is more like Chelsea selling Mata. A good player, respected by the club and the fans, but at the end of the day the manager wasn't losing much sleep over letting him go.

Poch seems to be fine with this, and has known it was going to happen for a while. He almost wanted it to happen, and he proved by using Tripper that if a player wants to sulk, he doesn't get his own way, there is another player willing to work for the team and take that place.

This transfer as much as it is about Walker going is also about Poch reinforcing his authority, and that, as much as anything else is what will keep us being successful.
Hmm can't say I agree with the assessment of Walker. To borrow a quote, he may not have been the best right back in the PL but he was definitely in the top 1. We are weaker and one of our main rivals is stronger that bit doesn't make sense to me yet. Hopefully it will become clearer as the transfer window progresses.

The comparison with the Mata transfer doesn't stack up for me. He (Mata ) was a luxury player who didn't fit into Mourinho's workmanlike Chelsea. Walker played in a critical area in Poch's system.

There were several posters on here at the end of last year arguing how important it is to win a trophy. To do that we needed to at least maintain the strength of our team and possibly strengthen certain areas. So far it appears we have done the opposite.

Although I trust Poch I am disappointed with this transfer and slightly perplexed.

Last edited:
Hmm can't say I agree with the assessment of Walker. To borrow a quote, he may not have been the best right back in the PL but he was definitely in the top 1. We are weaker and one of our main rivals is stronger that bit doesn't make sense to me yet. Hopefully it will become clearer as the transfer window progresses.

The comparison with the Mata transfer doesn't stack up for me. He (Mata ) was a luxury player who didn't fit into Mourinho's workmanlike Chelsea. Walker played in a critical area in Poch's system.

Although I trust Poch I am disappointed with this transfer and slightly perplexed.
How on earth can you be perplexed? A player wants to leave to earn more money, his Mrs wants to move back up north. What other outcome is there besides an unhappy player if he stays? And to add we get a record fee for a defender, not sure how it could work out any better myself....

So, Jenas making the point about selling to our rivals being a bad thing, even for loads of cash. Can't say I disagree with the principle, really - although Walker's case had some caveats that made the sale necessary.

The worry that's growing with me is if Walker wins a trophy with City before we do - then, the next time they come in for our players (and they will), the likes of Eriksen, Alli and Rose will factor that into their decision making. City offering a bigger wage *and* the guarantee of winning more trophies than Spurs more regularly - it's pretty much the definition of an upwards move in that case. And, of course, we can't straight up refuse to sell to City or another domestic rival because we've broken that precedent now - players will point to Walker and say 'you sold *him* - you can sell me, too'.

I admit, that's a genuine concern. And given the attitude of some of of our lot with regard to winning things (we've won one League Cup in seventeen years, but apparently finishing 4th/3rd/2nd is a better achievement), I'm not sure that we can feasibly get away with focusing on the cups to rectify this disadvantage, because that will lower our league performances and get people complaining.

How on earth can you be perplexed? A player wants to leave to earn more money, his Mrs wants to move back up north. What other outcome is there besides an unhappy player if he stays? And to add we get a record fee for a defender, not sure how it could work out any better myself....
Didnt I make myself clear? We have lost imo the best RB in the PL- to one of our rivals. Not sure how this has turned out well. Thought it was competitive football where we are aiming to beat other teams, to do so requires holding onto our best players? Walker had just signed a long contract - hold him to it until we find an alternative buyer in another league. By all accounts he was not agitating for a move. You are just basing your argument on media speculation unless you know Kyle.

You could say with the transfer fee we have received we have made the best from a bad situation. But it's certainly not turned out well. As I said I trust Poch, after all he turned Walker into a £50milion player, but I will be interested to see who we bring in with this money. It may turn out well but it is far too early to reach that conclusion.

Last edited:
We have lost a player who may or may not be the best RB in the EPL, who may or may not have a permanent hip problem, who may or may not have forced a move. After all is said and done we have Tripper to slot straight in to RB just as he did at the end of the season with absolutely no downside in our performances and to top it all the club is £50m better off.

Could all the doom and gloom merchants just think positively about the forthcoming season rather than hanging themselves over one player leaving, it just isn't worth it.

So, Jenas making the point about selling to our rivals being a bad thing, even for loads of cash. Can't say I disagree with the principle, really - although Walker's case had some caveats that made the sale necessary.

The worry that's growing with me is if Walker wins a trophy with City before we do - then, the next time they come in for our players (and they will), the likes of Eriksen, Alli and Rose will factor that into their decision making. City offering a bigger wage *and* the guarantee of winning more trophies than Spurs more regularly - it's pretty much the definition of an upwards move in that case. And, of course, we can't straight up refuse to sell to City or another domestic rival because we've broken that precedent now - players will point to Walker and say 'you sold *him* - you can sell me, too'.

I admit, that's a genuine concern. And given the attitude of some of of our lot with regard to winning things (we've won one League Cup in seventeen years, but apparently finishing 4th/3rd/2nd is a better achievement), I'm not sure that we can feasibly get away with focusing on the cups to rectify this disadvantage, because that will lower our league performances and get people complaining.

Football is a funny ol' game as the great Greavsie said. It's very possible that Walker has given up on Spurs right before we embark on a trophy laden, glory glory era and at the same time joined a City team that is full of talent but with a manager under extreme pressure to deliver big pots but not quite managing it, which leads Pep to unexpectedly leave City and football altogether and go and retire somewhere hot and peaceful. Where do City go after Guardiola??

Spurs are stable, we are on an upwards trajectory, a fabulous coach, some amazing players, you would have to be a mug to leave right now when the club is on the brink of something special. We will win something next season and the floodgates will open. Just watch ;)

ok let's turn it around. Well done Kyle Walker for forcing a move to a worse club just so you can earn a few more £. That's the spirit.

Earn more pounds, win trophies, spend the best years of his footballing career under one of the world's most decorated managers, and do it all while being closer to home than he would have been in London.

The 'worse club' jibe only holds true if we're some titan of the game winning trophies left, right and center. But we're not - we have one trophy to our name in seventeen years of effort, while City have won the league, the FA Cup and the League Cup multiple times in the past five years. So it's not a worse club - he improved his wages and moved to a club where he's likelier to win things, based on recent history (ignoring our potential, our manager and so on).

Football is a funny ol' game as the great Greavsie said. It's very possible that Walker has given up on Spurs right before we embark on a trophy laden, glory glory era and at the same time joined a City team that is full of talent but with a manager under extreme pressure to deliver big pots but not quite managing it, which leads him to unexpectedly leave City and football altogether and go and retire somewhere hot and peaceful. Where do City go after Guardiola??

Spurs are stable, we are on an upwards trajectory, a fabulous coach, some amazing players, you would have to be a mug to leave right now when the club is on the brink of something special. We will win something next season and the floodgates will open. Just watch ;)

I heard that last season, too. And we did f*cking great - finished 2nd with 86 f*cking points, an unimaginable total.

But we didn't win anything. And that does play on the minds of players, I think. So for our sake, I hope you're right. :D I'd really take a slump in league form if it meant winning a cup.

As for what City will do after Pep, take your pick. Ancelotti, Luis Enrique, Allegri...no shortage of top managers around willing to take City's petrodollar.

Earn more pounds, win trophies, spend the best years of his footballing career under one of the world's most decorated managers, and do it all while being closer to home than he would have been in London.

The 'worse club' jibe only holds true if we're some titan of the game winning trophies left, right and center. But we're not - we have one trophy to our name in seventeen years of effort, while City have won the league, the FA Cup and the League Cup multiple times in the past five years. So it's not a worse club - he improved his wages and moved to a club where he's likelier to win things, based on recent history (ignoring our potential, our manager and so on).

I'm sure Spurs would've won the same amount of trophies if bankrolled by a man with a bottomless pit of cash. 10 years ago nobody would've picked Emirates Marketing Project as EPL champions prior to the big influx of dirty money.

Didnt I make myself clear? We have lost imo the best RB in the PL- to one of our rivals. Not sure how this has turned out well. Thought it was competitive football where we are aiming to beat other teams, to do so means to hold onto our best players? Walker had just signed a long contract - hold him to it until we find an alternative buyer in another league. By all accounts he was not agitating for a move. You are just basing your argument on media speculation unless you know Kyle.

You could say with the transfer fee we have received we have made the best from a bad situation. But it's certainly not turned out well. As I said I trust Poch, after all he turned Walker into a £50milion player, but I will be interested to see who we bring in with this money. It may turn out well but it is far too early to reach that conclusion.
I'm not arguing with his quality but when a player wants to leave he wants to leave it happens at all clubs I'm afraid and newsflash it's not going to change - all you can do is get beat possible deal. Wait until a top club abroad wanted him? How do you know that was ever going to happen or if he wanted to play abroad? The majority of English tend not to go abroad incase you hadn't realised. How do you know he wasn't agitating for a move, or did you have the inside track yourself? His performances markedly dipped around the time it was rumoured he wasn't happy, so what use is he to us going forward - his value was only going to decrease. It's very easy playing armchair chairman isn't it without knowing all the facts - if only I was as good as you....

Back