• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

They gambled to get near to where we are.... we haven't gambled a thing and are on a very very solid financial base

Leeds are always cited but where we're Leeds before they gambled..... they were a side that had been relegated not that far before

Out of interest, was there something particular that made it feel that way?
Or was it just because of the rumours that you (the fans) felt it might be his last game?

He made a big point to come over to the fans and where other players were clapping or throwing their training kits into the crowd, he was waving to everyone. Hard to describe but certainly felt like more than just a normal thanks.

The club has no excuse now

We're not a side atrugglinga an celebrating a Europa place

We're a champions league side that fills Wembley

If you act small fry you will always be small. I'm not suggesting spend more than we can afford but we can afford to pay our top players more money and we should
Yes but look at a Arsenal. They were in their prime when they sold their big boys. It doesn't matter how big you are or how small you are, if a player goes and a club pays the right price you go. Clichy, Sagna both full backs and both went to City. I think one of them was on the cheap as it was their last year of their contract. Yes we shouldn't sell to rivals but sometimes clubs do because of the money, it's silly bit could happen.

Yes but look at a Arsenal. They were in their prime when they sold their big boys. It doesn't matter how big you are or how small you are, if a player goes and a club pays the right price you go. Clichy, Sagna both full backs and both went to City. I think one of them was on the cheap as it was their last year of their contract. Yes we shouldn't sell to rivals but sometimes clubs do because of the money, it's silly bit could happen.

True but that's their choice

I've said it earlier, if we get a Crazy offer for him and it's the right thing for the club then we should sell him

But we should still be sorting out the players wages otherwise it can and will quickly spin other players into pushing for moves

And that's why Arsenal dropped from being the best team in the country to being the 5th best - because they sold their players to City for 'silly money'

The last figure I saw had us spending 48% of turnover on wages. Where do you think it should be?

But that was based in our turnover that was before the new to deal and champions league money

Not arguing with the ratio but when turnover increases significantly as ours will have it should have some reflection on the £££ the players demand

But that was based in our turnover that was before the new to deal and champions league money

Not arguing with the ratio but when turnover increases significantly as ours will have it should have some reflection on the £££ the players demand

How do you know that isn't happening? Pretty much every first team player has signed a new contract in the last year.

And that's why Arsenal dropped from being the best team in the country to being the 5th best - because they sold their players to City for 'silly money'
Wasn't there often the issue of contacts running down? I don't think "silly money" came into it all that often did it? City paid about as much for Lescott as they did for Adebayor for example.

I don't think Arsenal received silly money for their players at all.

I agree that Walker is not so good with the ball as Lahm and Alves yet, but beside that Pep wants his fullbacks to interchange positions with attacking players which exploits space and produces holes in opponent's defence - and Kyle is fully capable of it.

Fair enough.

Or it may be because Arsenal failed to renew the contracts to players like Nasri, van Persie, Clichy and Sagna and then decided to sell to competitors instead of letting the players go for free next year. Similar to how we signed Wanyama. Sell or get nothing at all.

Walker is on a lengthy contract(4 more years) and on 75k a week according to some newspapers. Modric wanted to go to Chelsea, but we refused and sold to Real the next year. He was on a shorter contract. Barca needs a RB, don't they?

I cannot see Levy sanctioning a move to a competitor unless silly money, £60M-ish. Tottenham holds all the good cards. City desperately needs homegrown players and has cash available. One reason why Stones went for £50M and set the benchmark.

Back