• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

We should be playing our played wages that reflects the clubs expectation of them

If we think we have players capable of challenging for honours we should pay players at that level... it's not like the fans don't get charged those prices

True, but just because we are up their challenging now you wouldn't just give everyone a blanket bump up to 100+ p/w just because they could earn that elsewhere. It would make more sense to do it gradually, one by one as the need arises. For example you would start with those up for renewal soon or those that are attracting attention such as Alli, Kane etc then work your way through. If a squad player isn't up for renewal and isn't complaining then you would probably leave him til later right, I mean as a business it would be smarter to give your best players such as Kane and Alli those top contracts first to keep them settled and show that you can earn more here but you have to perform regularly to a high level first.

We should be playing our played wages that reflects the clubs expectation of them

If we think we have players capable of challenging for honours we should pay players at that level... it's not like the fans don't get charged those prices

Indeed, otherwise why join us or if you are already here why would you want to stay?

Maybe but these deals plucked out at random are neither here nor there - the top players at lower clubs in the premier league often get paid more than some of our earners - remember Lucas Niell joining West Ham over us years ago? No real difference here other than the numbers have changed

But the issue is a top player at our club now wants to go to another top club to be recompensed appropriately, probably one of the reasons while Toby is not in a hurry to sign with us. He knows he is the best defender in the league and this contract will be the biggest of his career so he needs to get it right.

But the issue is a top player at our club now wants to go to another top club to be recompensed appropriately, probably one of the reasons while Toby is not in a hurry to sign with us. He knows he is the best defender in the league and this contract will be the biggest of his career so he needs to get it right.

Both are at the age where they will be signing their last big contract. Their current deals already take both of them to 31yo, so getting them increased is important.

It was his new idea at Bayern, not something from Barca

And on that basis you are suggesting that Pep would not want to sign Walker if he had the opportunity? Seriously? We are talking about a manager that has been so desperate for attacking width on occasion that he has actually played Jesús Navas as a wingback this season

In Hong Kong today

Football-Soccer-Jockey-Club-Kitchee-Centre-Challenge-Cup-Kitchee-v-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

He's going nowhere. Levy and poch have made it perfectly clear we don't need to sell and will only sell players we chose to. With comments a couple months ago from poch that walker is one of the best full backs in the world it's simply not going to happen.

He's gone, felt like a massive goodbye tonight.

Also, those please stay pieces of paper were embarrassing.
Out of interest, was there something particular that made it feel that way?
Or was it just because of the rumours that you (the fans) felt it might be his last game?

I would not want to sell Walker, and I definitely would not want to ell him to Emirates Marketing Project. But if that is what happens I hope Levy sets the price at £60m That way Emirates Marketing Project can cough up or feck off because he has another 4 years left on his contract. That might be excessive and unreasonable but they can afford it so feck 'em. Obviously I want him to stay but I am not as positive about that as I once was

He is desperate at this point. He has a situation to deal with but he signed a contract. Levy will hold him hard; you go where Poch says you go not where you want to go. Using 'friends' and other tools to express sentiments is a poor thing IMO.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

And it will fall back in to line soon enough...

Or should the club be adjusting wages minute by minute to make sure they are always bang on point?

The club has no excuse now

We're not a side atrugglinga an celebrating a Europa place

We're a champions league side that fills Wembley

If you act small fry you will always be small. I'm not suggesting spend more than we can afford but we can afford to pay our top players more money and we should

The club has no excuse now

We're not a side atrugglinga an celebrating a Europa place

We're a champions league side that fills Wembley

If you act small fry you will always be small. I'm not suggesting spend more than we can afford but we can afford to pay our top players more money and we should

Back