• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Konoplyanka: Back On?

Maybe, but I am loving the quote from him:

"With Liverpool I did not negotiate and I was negotiating with some representatives on the phone. Talks with Tottenham are on a whole different level. It's a serious approach, all grown up, with an understanding of the player and our club. Tottenham and Liverpool in terms of relationship to the transfer - two worlds and two different lifestyles. Though this is one country and one Premier League."

and in other words the lad would rather live and play in London than Liverpool, I expect a Chelsea bid soon the, after all they need a few more attacking midfielders

Ok so why don't you tell us who you'd like?

i wouldnt buy any more attacking wide players, we have enough, plus soon enough it will be time to give Pritchard a chance

we need to solve a couple of defensive positions, central midfield, and the striking area

i wouldnt buy any more attacking wide players, we have enough, plus soon enough it will be time to give Pritchard a chance

we need to solve a couple of defensive positions, central midfield, and the striking area

Chadli and Siggy are our only real options for the left side, unless you want to use Eriksen there. I'd imagine he'd be brought in to replace on of those, probably Siggy.

Not one of our current batch excite me as much as Konoplyanka. We should only look to purchase players that we feel can strengthen us.

I haven't seen enough of Pritchard to know whether he's got any chance of being a success at this level.

I assume nobody knows what he wrote about Spurs and especially Vertonghen in his twitter after 2nd leg?
I don't say it will become the main reason why the transfer won't take place, but if he has any offer from Liverpool, he'll never choose us.

I assume nobody knows what he wrote about Spurs and especially Vertonghen in his twitter after 2nd leg?
I don't say it will become the main reason why the transfer won't take place, but if he has any offer from Liverpool, he'll never choose us.

Players can say all they like in their twitter, at the end of the day, money talks, you danle the £ signs infront of his club president and his agent and he'll go wherever he is told to go. Footballers are the modern slave labour.

Players can say all they like in their twitter, at the end of the day, money talks, you danle the £ signs infront of his club president and his agent and he'll go wherever he is told to go. Footballers are the modern slave labour.
I know that money talks nowadays, but I repeat: if he has an offer from Liverpool (which is likely), there's no way he'll choose us (even if we offer him a better salary). If not, than everything can happen.
Personally I think it is a media-throw to Liverpool so they'll continue negotiations and this time with more responsibility.

Last edited:

what did he say??

yeah in a way thats what happened with Lamela ad look how thats turned out so far...........do we really need to spend another 15-20 mill on player that would rather go elsewhere or even remain where he is

what did he say??
He told, that it was a good clash, but we're a bunch of divers and it upset him
In his 2nd tweet he joked about Vertonghen: "We were so upset after the loose that we decided to get some wores and on the nearest post we saw an announcement: Jana* Vertonghen and a telefon number"
(*Jana is a Russian/Ukrainian girl's name)

Last edited:
I know that money talks nowadays, but I repeat: if he has an offer from Liverpool (which is very likely), there's no way he'll choose us (even if we offer him a better salary). If not, than everything can happen.

Well their Presidents quotes about the discussions with Tottenham being more adult and with more understanding of the club and player's needs translate to me as:

Liverpool have made a few enquiries but are way-out financially, both in terms of fees and wages. Tottenham have come in with a high offer straight away and are negotiating in the right ball park early on.

Yes, if its a straight choice between us and Liverpool and the wages and fee is the same, then we'll be in trouble. But it doesn't look that way at this point in time. Things change, of course.

In his 2nd tweet he joked about Vertonghen: "We were so upset after the loose that we decided to get some *****s and on the nearest post we saw an announcement: Jana* Vertonghen and a telefon number"

Well this is hardly a hatred of the club. Its just a heat-of-the-moment rant against Vertonghen for his perceived theatrics. I'm pretty sure it has zero affect on his desire or otherwise to join Spurs.

Chadli and Siggy are our only real options for the left side, unless you want to use Eriksen there. I'd imagine he'd be brought in to replace on of those, probably Siggy.

the problem here is that if we persist with 1 main striker, then the attacking mids behind have to come up with a lot of goals. We cannot live in hope that Soldado has a Clive Allen type season. We dont know how much Soldados confidence has been wrecked by whats gone on this season. He could very well struggle again next year. We either need to go with two up front and find a midfield solution behind, or if the intention is to stick with one man up front we have to find a right of left wing forward who is going to supply 15-20 PL goals.

In his 2nd tweet he joked about Vertonghen: "We were so upset after the loose that we decided to get some *****s and on the nearest post we saw an announcement: Jana* Vertonghen and a telefon number"

im sure the press will use these quotes if he signs for us, and then he will have to deal with his new teamates ;) thanks for the info

Well, may be I've jumped on Liverpool's bandwagon, but I've always thought they nearly signed Konoplyanka during winter and nothing was closed completely. What I should also say (and it's more ojbective for sure): Konoplyanka will be defenietly sold during summer, because of several factors, such as his currently high transfer fee, desire to move to EPL and complete financial problems in Ukraine (in football as well).

Liverpool or Spurs - let's see. Liverpool, by default, are in a better position than we financially + they have CL next season, but they're awful negotiators and misers. We stole their several targets and the last story about Salah transfer from 'kop' is amazingly ridicilous. But don't drop the opportunity it was only a media throw for Liverpool.

However, I'm not completely sure if we need another young player without EPL experience in our current state. But at least he's defenitely a better option than we have from the left. And Siggy needs to move on: 've been convinced many times already, he's not top material.

Last edited:
im sure the press will use these quotes if he signs for us, and then he will have to deal with his new teamates ;) info
Moreover, his new teammates crew probably won't include Vertonghen, so it's minus one problem ;)

Last edited:
Question is - are we yet again buying players without the manager in mind? Or does Levy plan on having Sherwood around for another year?

Back