• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Konoplyanka: Back On?

[video=youtube;Sba40Ids9yQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sba40Ids9yQ[/video]

Sensational. Imagine his form reinvigorates Lamela.

Konoplyanka, Erkisen and Lamela... Drool. Sh*t this is starting to feel like last summer lol

all that video shows me is that he is a pacy mini Taarabt :-s

Hopefully its not another scouted by how they played against us .. that tended not to work out too well in the past.

also he is just another Liverpool target we are trying to pinch from under their noses

Konoplyanka is a player I have kept my eye on for the last couple of years. An exciting player to watch and I originally likened him as a lightweight version of Bale. I don't watch much foreign football and so couldn't give my opinion on most players but Konoplyanka is one that I would love us to sign. I was gutted when it looked liked he was going to sign for the bindippers back in January. I won't get my hopes up just yet though, he might choose them if they get CL and offer bigger wages.

he doesnt even score enough goals.......if we are to persist with 1 up front, adding this guy to Eriksen and so far unproven Lamela is simply crazy. Where are the goals going to come from

Konoplyanka is a player I have kept my eye on for the last couple of years. An exciting player to watch and I originally likened him as a lightweight version of Bale. I don't watch much foreign football and so couldn't give my opinion on most players but Konoplyanka is one that I would love us to sign. I was gutted when it looked liked he was going to sign for the bindippers back in January. I won't get my hopes up just yet though, he might choose them if they get CL and offer bigger wages.

in what way have you kept an eye on him......how many games have you seen

I think he'd be a great addition to the team. Your midfield looks solid but as well as Adebayor has been playing for us recently, I have my doubts over whether or not he's going to be able to carry his form into next season. Soldado's finish against Cardiff is evidence that he's a good enough player, I just hope that he'd have settled and finds form by August.

I'd have Lamela on the right, KP on the left, Eriksen in a free role in the centre of the park with Sandro and Paulinho in behind him. Soldado up top (although I'd like to think that there would be funds available over the summer to bring in a top striker).

Nobody seems to know what's going to happen to the likes of Vertonghen and Lloris. Which casts our defence into some doubt. If we could hang on to them and have a back line/keeper combo of Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Vertongen, (insert left back here) then I'd fancy our chances of success next season. We've got an abundance of 'good' players, but we do lack a stand out player like Bale was for us last season. Maybe Levy could utilise our 'partnership' with Madrid and get us Benzema and Coentrão!

in what way have you kept an eye on him......how many games have you seen

I've watched a few Dnipro and Ukranian games. I'm certainly no expert on him but just really liked what I saw. I do have a bit of a penchant for quick footed exciting wingers.

he doesnt even score enough goals.......if we are to persist with 1 up front, adding this guy to Eriksen and so far unproven Lamela is simply crazy. Where are the goals going to come from

Is it? How long has Aaron Lennon been playing for Spurs? He doesn't score or assist goals. Townsend hasn't proven that he can consistently score or create goals in the Prem, though he's a few years younger. We haven't seen it from Chadli either so far. Siggurdson scores a few, but he doesn't do enough for me.

YK has 1 in 3 in the league this year, which is pretty fantastic for a winger, and he's always been an assist generator. Lamela has proven that he can score goals in Serie A, so I think we can hope that he'll be able to do the same in England, given a run of games. Soldado would obviously be a key member of that side as well. I would love to see something like this as well, against smaller teams.

---------Soldado----------
Lamela---Ade(drifting)---Konoplyanka
-----Sandro----Eriksen

I have only seen him play three times and at the moment I'm reserving my opinion. He certainly has the ability, but would he work out against the well drilled defences of the EPL??

One thing I will say though, is that a player like him demands two men to mark him out of a game. The space that this could leave for players like Eriksen to operate in is valuable.

[video=youtube;Sba40Ids9yQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sba40Ids9yQ[/video]

Sensational. Imagine his form reinvigorates Lamela.

Konoplyanka, Erkisen and Lamela... Drool. Sh*t this is starting to feel like last summer lol

The one negative thing that stands out to me in that video is how one footed he looks.

Soldado.

With our own three amigos behind him threading in clever balls, he could do a Clive Allen and hit 49.

Is it? How long has Aaron Lennon been playing for Spurs? He doesn't score or assist goals. Townsend hasn't proven that he can consistently score or create goals in the Prem, though he's a few years younger. We haven't seen it from Chadli either so far. Siggurdson scores a few, but he doesn't do enough for me.

YK has 1 in 3 in the league this year, which is pretty fantastic for a winger, and he's always been an assist generator. Lamela has proven that he can score goals in Serie A, so I think we can hope that he'll be able to do the same in England, given a run of games. Soldado would obviously be a key member of that side as well. I would love to see something like this as well, against smaller teams.

-----Sandro----Eriksen

oh great, lets add another non scoring wide player to our collection of non scoring wide players

1 in 3 in the Ukranian league doesnt do it for me unfortunately

This story smells like grade A BS to me. For the following reasons:

- is this really a blatant signing over TS head at this time? Maybe he is a dead man walking but would Levy really want to put TS in such an awkward position when press ask questions about the deal and he says 'nothing to do with me' or 'we've got enough players here'
- surely at this stage of the season we would only here when it's a done deal, a la Modric or Berbatov
- based on the above it would seem it's a story to get Liverpool to re-ignite their interest and also cough up more dough

Nothing to see here, move along people...

(Before following weekend when player is unveiled on SkySports news...)

-----Sandro----Eriksen

I don't really like this idea people have of Ade as an attacking midfielder. The guy is a centre-forward. If anyone out of him and Soldado should be drifting it should be Soldado, although i'd rather play Lamela or Eriksen there and Townsend or Chadli out wide.

It's obvious that their president is slowly but surely bumping up the price, they all do it. He will go Liverpool if not there then somewhere he can play CL football. Would love it as I think he's class but think we're being used in the market once again.

It's obvious that their president is slowly but surely bumping up the price, they all do it. He will go Liverpool if not there then somewhere he can play CL football. Would love it as I think he's class but think we're being used in the market once again.

Maybe, but I am loving the quote from him:

"With Liverpool I did not negotiate and I was negotiating with some representatives on the phone. Talks with Tottenham are on a whole different level. It's a serious approach, all grown up, with an understanding of the player and our club. Tottenham and Liverpool in terms of relationship to the transfer - two worlds and two different lifestyles. Though this is one country and one Premier League."

Maybe, but I am loving the quote from him:

"With Liverpool I did not negotiate and I was negotiating with some representatives on the phone. Talks with Tottenham are on a whole different level. It's a serious approach, all grown up, with an understanding of the player and our club. Tottenham and Liverpool in terms of relationship to the transfer - two worlds and two different lifestyles. Though this is one country and one Premier League."

That's (partly) what Baldini gets paid for.

oh great, lets add another non scoring wide player to our collection of non scoring wide players

1 in 3 in the Ukranian league doesnt do it for me unfortunately

In Willian's final two seasons in Ukraine, he managed 3 in 28 games and 5 in 27 on a better team. Obviously, they are different players, but it's a pretty interesting comparison.

Back