• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Knee jerk thread,

I love the fact that we are 5th in the league and you start your post like that. I think 5th after 10 games and our injuries is not so bad. Sure we have been far from brilliant but we can get better methinks

I have to be honest though. I fear we are in a false postion in 5th. In our first 10 games (6 at home), we have played all the bottom 4 plus Norwich and Wigan (who were in the bottom 6 before yesterday).

We have 4 out of our next 6 games away from home, I'm clinging to the fact that we seem to be playing better away from home in the hope we havent fell into midtable come Dec 10th

Crazy. The fact were 5th doesn't soften the blow of the 3 brick home performances this season. 1 point at home to WBA, Norwich and Wigan is ok just cos were 5th!?! Lol I don't fudging think so.

of course it does.

it's about context... put those three 'brick' performances in the context of a win at OT and a record of 5 wins in 7 and sitting in 5th against languishing in the bottom half after a run of no wins in 5 for example.

our overall form has insulated us against some poorer results at home, yes, but that's something to happy about, not something to pillory the manager for.

add to that the fact that we are missing the Magnificent Seven first teamers from last year (King, Kaboul, BAE, Modric, VDV, Parker and Ade) then you have some kind of perspective on how 5th is arguably a mild over achievement, so far.

and yes, i know all teams have injuries but that doesn't somehow make our injuries invalid.

I have to be honest though. I fear we are in a false postion in 5th. In our first 10 games (6 at home), we have played all the bottom 4 plus Norwich and Wigan (who were in the bottom 6 before yesterday).

We have 4 out of our next 6 games away from home, I'm clinging to the fact that we seem to be playing better away from home in the hope we havent fell into midtable come Dec 10th

Im actually far more confident playing Man bricky and Arse away than playing even Southampton at home. I dont want any home games. I am hoping that yesterdays result will make AVBs mind up and at home become more adventurous.

I dont think a Manager can be that stubborn or that naive to think that just because a formation works away it will work at home. We are in a false position like you say and thats all I hear that we are fourth. Soon we will be eighth and still playing brick and then what would the argument be?

Im certainly not forgetting the crappy results over the last few years but lets get one thing straight we always looked like scoring ie. creating chances even in our worst results or performances we created pressure and played with a bit of pace. I mean QPR last season we lost 1-0 but had what 20 shots on goal?

if we lost yesterday but actually showed some sort of performance then the vitriol wouldnt be as bad as it is. Its just that performance (not the first) was so bad, dull, boring, inept, labored etc that it just made me think of the bad old days. Im unsure if you were there (youre not from UK are you?) but when you sit/stand there and a performance is THAT bad where there is no movement, pace, or enthusiasm etc then you just have to wonder. We did look leggy and tired but we are only a quarter of the way through the season.

Im not just blaming AVB here but from the top through to the fudgein tea lady. The strategy is led from the top and if the top do not support the important people in providing them the best possible resources then its gonna be doomed to failure.

Totally agree. At least 2 years ago when they won 1-0 at least we threatened them on a regualr basis. As I posted in another thread, at no point yesterday did I truly believe we would turn that game around, they should have been out of sight at HT

Im actually far more confident playing Man bricky and Arse away than playing even Southampton at home. I dont want any home games. I am hoping that yesterdays result will make AVBs mind up and at home become more adventurous.

I dont think a Manager can be that stubborn or that naive to think that just because a formation works away it will work at home. We are in a false position like you say and thats all I hear that we are fourth. Soon we will be eighth and still playing brick and then what would the argument be?

I agree about the next 2 away games. From what I have seen so far, City and Arsenal arent pulling up too many trees themselves.
We will def need at least one of Sandro and Dembele available for those games, ideally both. If neither can play we could be in big trouble. Still cant believe its November and Parker is still out, plus the fact wasnt BAE supposed to back for last week never mind next week

Then we should be thankful we have one of the best away records in the country then :)

I agree about the next 2 away games. From what I have seen so far, City and Arsenal arent pulling up too many trees themselves.
We will def need at least one of Sandro and Dembele available for those games, ideally both. If neither can play we could be in big trouble. Still cant believe its November and Parker is still out, plus the fact wasnt BAE supposed to back for last week never mind next week

Indeed, if we play our next 2 matches without Sandro, Dembele, Kaboul, and Parker that is effectively without our best defender and the heart ripped out of midfield. All things considering I am not happy with the way things are going but I do not think AVB needs more time

Playing Siggi, Livermore and Hudd instead of Parker, Dembele and Sandro against City and the Goons will be fun

I'd go

Lloris
Walker Gallas Dawson Caulker Naughton
Vertonghen
Huddlestone

Lennon --------------- Bale
Adebayor​

I'm not! We'll get our customary 3 goal defeat at the Emirates.

The Emirates Marketing Project game will be interesting. Our gameplan should be exactly the same as it was against United, attack them from minute one as they are not playing well defensively as they normally do.

If we had a full squad to choose from and I was picking the side, I'd be confident of getting wins at the Emirates and the Emptihad.

American History X shower scene levels of badness

vaseline.jpg

Back