• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Knee jerk thread,

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Could not find one, please mods if the is one put thiss in there.

Im not going to come out aand say we should sack avb, always said as long as we do not look like going down he should be given to the end of the season.

But GHod he does not seem to learn from the mistakes he makes. Reminds me of the santini fella not sure i spelt his name right the french guy who use to bore me to sleep. Just wondering whether sherwood or freund can be our jol.

Of course avb does not have a fully fit squad but some of the mistakes he is making are truly awful, i wanted redknapp gone, lambert was my choice to replace him. But i welcomed avb, he really has got a long way to go to convince me.

Why is he sticking with defoe upfront? what is the weird rotation with the goalkeepers, pick one and stick with them.

We are playing some ugly stuff is almost making me miss redknapp, chatted brick to the press every week but watching us was not such an unpleasant experince.

Who would you play instead of Defoe?
We do have a lot if injuries, but we really do look dull at the moment. Lennon is the only one who looks like hes busting a gut in terms of creativity.

He is fudging stubborn. Everyone I've spoken to says they want to give him a chance but can't relate to him. I'm not keen on his substitutions tbh.

I've said from day one I'm not a fan. However, how can I knock our current position?

Could not find one, please mods if the is one put thiss in there.

Im not going to come out aand say we should sack avb, always said as long as we do not look like going down he should be given to the end of the season.

But GHod he does not seem to learn from the mistakes he makes. Reminds me of the santini fella not sure i spelt his name right the french guy who use to bore me to sleep. Just wondering whether sherwood or freund can be our jol.

Of course avb does not have a fully fit squad but some of the mistakes he is making are truly awful, i wanted redknapp gone, lambert was my choice to replace him. But i welcomed avb, he really has got a long way to go to convince me.

Why is he sticking with defoe upfront? what is the weird rotation with the goalkeepers, pick one and stick with them.

We are playing some ugly stuff is almost making me miss redknapp, chatted brick to the press every week but watching us was not such an unpleasant experince.

The fact you wanted Lambert should be a signifier as to your footballing opinion.

He has one of the best starts to any premier league season?! How are you comparing him to Santini exactly?! And what are these mistakes he's making over and over again? Whatever they are, if we keep winning I hope he keeps making them!!

And Defoe up front, I agree he doesn't work for the system, but exactly who could he have played today?! We have no other striker? We clearly tried AGAIN for a striker with failure, is that AVB's fault? And Ade is either injured or being an absolute ****, either way please explain how this is ABN's fault? It seems he's playing the only fit striker we have, who's cored 5 goals!!

And what's this rotation with goalies? He's switched it in one league game? I do however, think Lloris should be our number one full stop.

And of course we looked better under redknapp - one we had a MUCH BETTER first team and squad, no king, modric, VDV or barely any Ade has affected us massively. But again, how is this AVB's fault.

We can all have aopinions and such, but insanely negative ones like yours and a lot of other Spurs fans with absolutely no objectivity or facts, makes me absolutely sick.

Who would you play instead of Defoe?
We do have a lot if injuries, but we really do look dull at the moment. Lennon is the only one who looks like hes busting a gut in terms of creativity.

Exactly who to play instead of defoe.

What a sitaution to be in, i do not know who to blame for dempsey when we needed an out and out goal scorer. The squad is more unbalanced then at any time i have seen in last few years, we are picking up points but i would rather we looked like a team and were a few points back then this crap im watching.

I will give the guy time but i just dont see how we are going to become a team, i mean if in 5 months time we are playing well and the players look like they know what there doing and when we have injuries it does not effect the whole performance then i will come on here and say i was wrong.

I have been married 11 years im used to saying im wrong, it is not a problem for me, but im seeing warning signs big red ones. The guy deserves the season before we judge him but nearly a quarter of the way through the season and im not happy.

Lloris, Kaboul, BAE, Dembele, Ade and possibly Parker is a lot of our best 11 to be missing from the side.

He is fudging stubborn. Everyone I've spoken to says they want to give him a chance but can't relate to him. I'm not keen on his substitutions tbh.

I've said from day one I'm not a fan. However, how can I knock our current position?

People seem to think just cos we are fourth we cant knock the performances.

Put it this way - if AVB is not scrutinising each performance to improve it then he is doing something wrong. Thats what we are doing now - scrutinising the performance. Even if we were top - AVB would still be going through each performance with a fine toothcomb

jake fudging livermore. hes just not up to our standards... its a shame because by all accounts he has a spot on attitude

Exactly who to play instead of defoe.

What a sitaution to be in, i do not know who to blame for dempsey when we needed an out and out goal scorer. The squad is more unbalanced then at any time i have seen in last few years, we are picking up points but i would rather we looked like a team and were a few points back then this crap im watching.

I will give the guy time but i just dont see how we are going to become a team, i mean if in 5 months time we are playing well and the players look like they know what there doing and when we have injuries it does not effect the whole performance then i will come on here and say i was wrong.

I have been married 11 years im used to saying im wrong, it is not a problem for me, but im seeing warning signs big red ones. The guy deserves the season before we judge him but nearly a quarter of the way through the season and im not happy.

I'm no Defoe fan. But he's got some great performances out of Defoe. Defoe gets much more involved in build up play now.
I cant imagine a Redknapp team surviving the last few month with just Defoe upfront.
We need Adebayor back as soon as possible.

The fact you wanted Lambert should be a signifier as to your footballing opinion.

He has one of the best starts to any premier league season?! How are you comparing him to Santini exactly?! And what are these mistakes he's making over and over again? Whatever they are, if we keep winning I hope he keeps making them!!

And Defoe up front, I agree he doesn't work for the system, but exactly who could he have played today?! We have no other striker? We clearly tried AGAIN for a striker with failure, is that AVB's fault? And Ade is either injured or being an absolute ****, either way please explain how this is ABN's fault? It seems he's playing the only fit striker we have, who's cored 5 goals!!

And what's this rotation with goalies? He's switched it in one league game? I do however, think Lloris should be our number one full stop.

And of course we looked better under redknapp - one we had a MUCH BETTER first team and squad, no king, modric, VDV or barely any Ade has affected us massively. But again, how is this AVB's fault.

We can all have aopinions and such, but insanely negative ones like yours and a lot of other Spurs fans with absolutely no objectivity or facts, makes me absolutely sick.

Hey go fudge yourself dingdonghead, lambert did a great job with norwich getting them up the leagues and in the premership, he tried to play good footballer but also knew when he had to be defensive. Good manager who deserves a shot at a good club.
Do you know why so many fans are critical of avb? because it is obvious from watching him that he is sslow to see things that every spurs fan can see, that we cant pass the ball to each other so he brings on a workhorsse like livermore instead of someone like carroll who can pass the ball, tells you all you need to know about avb and his idea of football.

You want to be a fan boy of avb go for it, i will give him to the end of the season before i make up my mind, but if you can not see what is infront of your eyes then your deluded. A lot of fans seem to think that sticking by someone makes them more of a fan this sort of blind faith that people also show to political parties is pathetic. I called out on redknapp one of the first on here to do that.

Im not ssaying avb is ready to go or anything like that, but he at the moment is not learning from some very big mistakes and we are not looking very good, from a coach who is meant to be so good and highly rated i find this very worrying.

Worst game i have seen us play in recent seasons is against chelsea in the semi last year because redknapp seemed so lost in that match, avb is doing similar this year, i do not know how we just hung on for 3 point today.

it's more down to the fact that our squad is stretched thin due to injuries and we are missing several key players to the team (Rossi's post in the OMT showing 7 players who would have been in the line up from last season that were missing/not here) and that it only takes a smidgen of common sense to see that it is going to take time before we find our groove - criticizing our performances/tactics/style at this point, although being fair enough, shouldn't be looked at too deeply because we are playing under a difficult set of circumstances.

Last edited:

Put it this way - if AVB is not scrutinising each performance to improve it then he is doing something wrong. Thats what we are doing now - scrutinising the performance. Even if we were top - AVB would still be going through each performance with a fine toothcomb

The difference is, he is in possession of all the facts!
I enjoy debating and discussion, but I'm sorry, half of what went down in the match thread today was neither, it was just mindless slagging and statements of "fact"...

Exactly DHSF i hate the idea that your are not allowed to look at things and see how you can improve.

If we lost 4 on the bounce but were playing well and just did not get the rub of the green i would not care, i said it last season against stoke when the ref fudged us.

But if your sensible then you have to look at how you can improve because your luck runs out eventually, then you have problems.

I remember last year before our collapse people were saying well were not palying well but were picking up results, then we started to not pick up results, you know when the time to do something is? it is before things go wrong.

AVB needs to learn lessons and learn them fast because the performances are not good and they are poor against teams that aare poor. The one thing about him a bit olike redknapp he seems to get us to raise our game againsst the bigger teams.

Hate the spurs fans that want to blindly follow the club without looking to see if the are any things we could be doing better. I have searched for continued improvement in my own life and improved my circumstances as aa result. I expect the same from my football club who i spend a hell of a lot of money and time on.

Tottenham Hotspur FC is a multi million pound business and if the club are not keeping an eye on the progress of their manager then i would be worried.

AVb will get till the end of the season for me, by then the players should be more comfortable with his formation. But at the moment i see only worrying signs.

Yeah but only 2-1. AVB out.

Tell me something

Would you not be concerned if AVB does not scrutinise each performance whether it is a win, loss or draw? Or would you be happy if AVB just threw the tapes of each win and simply had an easy weeks training because we won?

Back