• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

Re: Clothes Make the Man - Kits Make the Club

Love it mate :)

If ever proof were needed that dark shorts = good, white shorts = bad....

Option 2 for me anyday

On that note - considering Saints wore red - why couldn't we stick to white, much like at Old Trafford?

Personally, I think the black/grey kit is absolutely hideous.

Agree on the hideous grey Blackburn kit. I'll reconsider if we keep a 100% record until the end of the season.

Odd that we have yet to wear our "away" kit.

A bit worrying that four of our wins were against the bottom four and we could only manage a draw against the next one. On the other hand, points on the board count and hopefully we'll be playing better when tough games come along.

Option 2 for me anyday

On that note - considering Saints wore red - why couldn't we stick to white, much like at Old Trafford?

I like the away kit and even moreso that we have won both games in that kit. I dont care if the players wear brick as long as we perform in it. AND NO NOT RACIST fudgeRS

Agree on the hideous grey Blackburn kit. I'll reconsider if we keep a 100% record until the end of the season.

Odd that we have yet to wear our "away" kit.

A bit worrying that four of our wins were against the bottom four and we could only manage a draw against the next one. On the other hand, points on the board count and hopefully we'll be playing better when tough games come along.

In previous seasons, these are exactly the type of matches where Spurs could be guaranteed to drop points.

Option 2 for me anyday

Yep...the home kit should revert back to the traditional white shirt/navy shorts but obviously back to all white for europe.

As for that third kit, breaking ranks a bit but, after seeing it 'live' yesterday......i quite like it.....well Bale looked like a machine in it (nohomo)

In previous seasons, these are exactly the type of matches where Spurs could be guaranteed to drop points.

Absolutely. I think last season we got 22 out of a possible 24 against the 3 relegated teams. I dont remember us getting a return like that, against the eventual bottom 3, for a long long time. Then again I havent got the best memory in the world

Yep...the home kit should revert back to the traditional white shirt/navy shorts but obviously back to all white for europe.

As for that third kit, breaking ranks a bit but, after seeing it 'live' yesterday......i quite like it.....well Bale looked like a machine in it (nohomo)

100% agree

Absolutely. I think last season we got 22 out of a possible 24 against the 3 relegated teams. I dont remember us getting a return like that, against the eventual bottom 3, for a long long time. Then again I havent got the best memory in the world

Is this some sort of riddle?

i said before the season we'd wear white shirts with blue shorts in games and we've won twice in doing so, one of them being the best win of the season!

Got an absolute bargain or five today :)
I visited a sports shop this afternoon; until a few weeks ago it was a JJB and in a few days time it will be SportsDirect. For the time being they are selling off all the old JJB stock. The sign outside said "everything half price" and they had a few posters inside for people so bad at maths they couldn't work out what half price would be.

I rummaged around and found a pair of large Spurs navy socks, Under Armour. Label said £9.99 so I assumed I would pay a fiver, but it went through at £3.50. So I took a Milan shirt off the shelf (unmarked, but all the other current footie shirts were £29.99) and this eventually cost me £7.50. I also picked up three infant Spurs kit sets, Home 0-6 months, Away 6-12 months and Home 12-18 months. My wife is expecting in mid November and I would have just tried getting a Home 6-12 months if they had any. Anyway, I just wanted to see what they scanned at - they were marked at £29.99 each. Ought to be £15 each but since my socks scanned at less than 50% I figured might as well see what happened and if one of them was about a tender I'd go for it.

The girl behind the cash desk was really friendly , although she did the usual "shame about the team" - does have a point I suppose. She didn't seem to quite understand why I wanted to scan all of them, she looked at the price and said they will be about £15 each but when I asked (politely!) for her just to scan them she had a sneaky look out for the manager and then said "well, what price would you like them to be?". I was pretty surprised and said I wasn't thinking of buying all, and she said "let's see what we can do" and rang them through at £3.75 EACH!

I walked out the store with a new Milan top, new Spurs socks and THREE new infant Spurs kits for about £22! My boy-to-be will be sorted for Tottenham shirts for the first 18 months of his life, although his mum doesn't know yet.....

So, the moral of the story is GET DOWN TO A CLOSING JJB STORE if there is one near you and try your luck! This one had a lot of kids to adult Spurs kits, home and away, and some keeper tops too (less of the XL+ sizes mind, but there were a few). I kid you not, they were practically GIVING stuff away!!!!

burn the all white kit!!!!!!!!!!! its horrible, not Spurs, wtf were you thinking Levy when agreeing to this.

Well done chicken badge, at least someone won today. Maybe you should buy a load from JJB and make yourself a profit online.

Well done chicken badge, at least someone won today.

I was actually paying for it around the same time as the final whistle going an WHL and for a second the thought flashed through my head "hang on, suppose we have a really crap year, do I really want to get him one of the 'bad year' kits?". Then I figured that a Spurs kit is a Spurs kit, I'm a Spurs fan for life and hopefully he will be too. Wouldn't matter if we are Champions League or Rymans League, it's the club that's in your blood.

I'm sure there is some irony in all this, since JJB = Wigan...

Slightly o/t for this thread, but NY Times reporting that "Hewlett-Packard said on Tuesday that it had taken an $8.8 billion accounting charge, after discovering “serious accounting improprieties” and “outright misrepresentations” at Autonomy, a British software maker that it bought for $10 billion last year. It is a major setback for H.P., which has been struggling to turn around its operations and remake its business. The charge essentially wiped out its profit. In the latest quarter, H.P. reported a net loss of $6.9 billion, compared with a $200 million profit in the period a year earlier. The company said the improprieties and misrepresentations took place just before the acquisition, and accounted for the majority of the charges in the quarter, more than $5 billion."

D'oh.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/h-p-takes-big-hit-on-accounting-improprieties-at-autonomy/?smid=pl-share

On a slightly different subject again, did anyone see or bid on the Remembrance Day shirt auction that ended today?

I think the total raised was around £30k.

Someone paid over £500 for a Falque shirt!!!

Autonomy cooking the books before HP takeover. Reported almost 9bn write off. Any impact on our sponsorship? Do we get paid up front?

880-822-88s$w334$h518.jpg

http://homeshopping.24studio.co.uk/christmas-book/manchester-utd-competition/2/mens-personalised-onesie-by-man-utd/8

Back