• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

Couldn't agree more...

whisper it, but their '70s/early '80s 'Classic' ArseAnal kit (we all know the one) is one of THE best football shirts... sorry!!!!!!

The Goon shirt is Unique, well was until Braga decided to become fanboys and steal the design and use them as a nickname. But I am all for classic unique designs like Ajax, Monaco, Peru etc just realized they are all red and white kits! weird that! but you get what i mean. Unique designs.

I always want the Spurs kit to be 95% white shirts, Navy shorts and White Socks! i know they jazz them all to make them different so we want to buy another but its annoying.

Couldn't agree more...

whisper it, but their '70s/early '80s 'Classic' ArseAnal kit (we all know the one) is one of THE best football shirts... sorry!!!!!!

Agreed. The ones Brady and that era wore are design classics.

Agreed. The ones Brady and that era wore are design classics.

surely there was more than one side that had that kind of design ? one block of color for the body and different color sleeves ? surely it's just because they were successful at the time and the image is ingrained on to that success that it becomes an iconic (seemingly unique) design ?

happy to be proved wrong though, just seems strange they would have been the only side with that type of shirt - when shirts designs were pretty basic

surely there was more than one side that had that kind of design ? one block of color for the body and different color sleeves ? surely it's just because they were successful at the time and the image is ingrained on to that success that it becomes an iconic design ?

happy to be proved wrong though, just seems strange they would have been the only side with that type of shirt - when shirts designs were pretty basic

Well Villa used to do it, but not sure if they did it way back when. Shirts were pretty simple in the 50's etc, just one colour, but they had two at some of the stitch lines, hence why white arms could be sewed on.

just did a tiny bit of research. Villa had coloured sleeves way back in the late 1800's. But they have never retained them forever, going on and off with them.

thing is... ours is basic White and Navy... easy to get right, but even easier to get horribly wrong!

I am, and always will be - a fan of old fashioned basic design... regardless of the club.
they're playing football for fudge sake, not singing in a band!

surely there was more than one side that had that kind of design ?

Yes - Villa and Burnley come to mind, and WH too I think. I suppose that means we're not so much referring to the Arsenal one, but all shirts of that type.

surely there was more than one side that had that kind of design ? one block of color for the body and different color sleeves ? surely it's just because they were successful at the time and the image is ingrained on to that success that it becomes an iconic (seemingly unique) design ?

Ipswich - blue with white sleeves, Hibs -green with white sleeves and us for one season 05/06.

this would've been a much more fun thread had we got 3 points yesterday... Hrrrrrrrmph, sigh!

I'd be quite happy with a white version of this

Tottenham-Hotspur-and-Eng-007.jpg

its been noticeable that a few of the lads and Harry have been wearing Under Armour stuff around the training ground.

Can someone with the skills mock up a Spurs version of this? With the oversized badge and small sponsor in white of course.. Beautiful shirt =P~

rangers-12-13-home-umbro-football-kit-d.jpg

Back