• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

Not sure what you mean. The "old" designs are not more or less capable of being copyrighted or trademarked. I suspect they have just been updated to look more modern and sleek, not for legal reasons.

I remember reading something before. I think it is because the club were able to effectively "patent" the design before it became public and hence prove that they invented it. I remember back when I was a kid you could get stacks of unofficial Spurs stuff from mainstream sports shops but now days you only see official club merchandise in the stores. Obviously, part of this is clubs wising up to marketing and protecting their brand. But I think there is an additional legal element.

But yeah, there would probably be reason for the badges to be made more modern and inline with other corporate logos.

EDIT - just found this
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/The+Club/protecting-our-brand.page
seems to suggest that the three crests are all copyrightable

EDIT 2 - and this :)
http://www.youllwinnothingwithyids.com/2011/09/you-do-not-have-permission-to-use-clubs.html
another spurs forum and an interesting email exchange between the site staff and THFC! Explains why we have a badger on a ball I suppose!

Last edited:
7jfbzqjq.jpg

Bayern-13-14-Away-Kit-Design.jpg

Bayern-13-14-Away-Third-Kit-FH.jpg

Try to guess the missing letters????

Are you sure Autonomy/Aurasma isn't our sponsor again?

Sure they only extended the contract by 1 yr?

Here's another design I did for a 3rd kit. Used the Navy/Silver/White colours of this seasons kits (I know not popular with most but thought its not a bad colour combo)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367041243695.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367041243695.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 52
The red lions weren't originally part of our badge.

Irving Scholar, of all people, designed the badge with the red lions in the 1980's. Thank GHod we got rid of it. Awful design. New one is infinitely better. And, despite being newer, it is also truer to our tradition.

This may be flimflam but I read once that with the red lions, the red represented Arsenal and the lions were Chelsea, and they were looking up at the Spurs ****erel.

I would love it if true. The next badge could be a caricature of AVB taking a dump at Stamford Bridge and wiping his arse with an Arsenal scarf.

This may be flimflam but I read once that with the red lions, the red represented Arsenal and the lions were Chelsea, and they were looking up at the Spurs ****erel.

:ross::lol:

I don't think tht's true, but I really really hope it is!

Am I the only one who prfers that badge? I've always liked it for some reason... Think having bruce castle and seven sisters in is a nice touch.

Back