• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Would always play Trippier against teams who are harder to break down as his crossing is much better than Walker. I would play Walker in the bigger games for his experience. I still think it's an area we could upgrade on, but both have had good seasons.
Walker is a better defender IMO but there is quite a lot he could learn from Trippier if truth be told. One thing Walker has to improve on is his delivery, but more importantly he needs to work on early delivery of the ball. It is something he tends not to do. M ake a yard, whip the ball in low and take a chance. If he added that one thing to his game his game would step up another level. It also would benefit Kane or whomever to know to expect similar balls in from both right backs.

I think trip is now the best right back at the club, I would sell walker to someone like Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 15m because I think they are stupid enough to pay it and then I would promote Kyle walker peters to back up right back next season.

I think trip is now the best right back at the club, I would sell walker to someone like Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 15m because I think they are stupid enough to pay it and then I would promote Kyle walker peters to back up right back next season.

I think that Walker would attract interest from a lot better clubs than Saudi Sportswashing Machine if we were to sell him.

Given the amount of running Poch expects his full backs to get through and that he has rotated in this position more than any other, I think that it would be asking a lot for KWP to come into the first team next season.

I think that Walker would attract interest from a lot better clubs than Saudi Sportswashing Machine if we were to sell him.

Given the amount of running Poch expects his full backs to get through and that he has rotated in this position more than any other, I think that it would be asking a lot for KWP to come into the first team next season.

He did it with chambers at southampton so if KWP is good enough I am sure he would give him the chance, on Walker yeah better teams then Saudi Sportswashing Machine probably would to be fair, but I am not sure with the transfer market these days, prem clubs have a lot more money to play with this summer but I can see them going down the foreign market more after the success Leicester and West ham have had doing this, big sam sorted of hinted at that in an interview the other day.

Not sure if prem clubs will buy players off each other as much which will effect the domestic transfer market, though of course with more money they might just decide to shop at home and feel safe, will be interesting to see what happens this summer.

If it ain't broke...

exactly, and I've seen KWP play .. don't think he's anywhere near our first team. Additionally Walker allows us to play a bigger, more physical presence at FB, with Trippier/KWP we would have a two very small FB's.

I'd be very surprised if our FB's are anything different next season to this (they have all been a significant part of the teams improvement), KWP will likely be on loan or sold.

exactly, and I've seen KWP play .. don't think he's anywhere near our first team. Additionally Walker allows us to play a bigger, more physical presence at FB, with Trippier/KWP we would have a two very small FB's.

I'd be very surprised if our FB's are anything different next season to this (they have all been a significant part of the teams improvement), KWP will likely be on loan or sold.

Trippier is very good vs teams who sit back. He's no slouch, but for example i would rather have Walker facing someone like Swansea's Montero and i wonder if this is what Poch was holding Walker back for..

Spot on for me. Gives us different options, gives us backup. Best sets of full backs we've had for as long as I can remember.

I do think Poch is doing the right thing with our FB's and long may it continue. Walker and Davies would be my first choice but there is not much in it.

They are all worthy of inclusion ATM.

I would go with last nights pair........if pushed.....just.....by a wisker......

Loaned yes but there's zero chance he'll be sold.

Have you watched KWP play? He still has a huge amount to learn defensively. IMO he isn't anywhere near ready to play PL football.

Personally I wouldn't sell a single one of our regular starters right now. We don't need the money and we would struggle to replace them with anyone better.

Have you watched KWP play? He still has a huge amount to learn defensively. IMO he isn't anywhere near ready to play PL football.

Personally I wouldn't sell a single one of our regular starters right now. We don't need the money and we would struggle to replace them with anyone better.
I saw a couple of youth games but to be honest I am not enough of an expert on him, so I will take your opinion onboard and think that perhaps he is not ready to play. I disagree about the not needing money though, I think if we are to keep to this net spend that we do that we need to sell someone if we are to buy and I would like another striker personally.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know hoe yedlin is getting on up at Sunderland. I guess him and fazio can leave without to much of an effect to our first team especially if C-V is ready to be promoted from the youths.

I like the idea of looking to the youth team for players before the transfer market where I think we should just be looking for top top quality ones. So perhaps sometimes I am over keen on promoting youngsters and selling off squad players so we can make one big signing.

This summer if it were me I would sell fazio, walker(maybe not if KP is not ready) Chadli and try and bring in Tielemns and Lacazzete(I might have spelt their names wrong but you know who I mean)

Walker is a better defender IMO but there is quite a lot he could learn from Trippier if truth be told. One thing Walker has to improve on is his delivery, but more importantly he needs to work on early delivery of the ball. It is something he tends not to do. M ake a yard, whip the ball in low and take a chance. If he added that one thing to his game his game would step up another level. It also would benefit Kane or whomever to know to expect similar balls in from both right backs.

Yeah, but that clashes with his delivery (which, as you pointed out, is sub-standard). Walker's crossing has often left a lot to be desired, which makes him the outlier in our group of four full-backs. He makes up for it in other ways (using his strength and pace to get into dangerous positions that you can deliver fairly accurate ground passes from), but he won't be a truly dangerous full-back until he can cross properly and know when to deliver it.

Getting better and better - he's got a great first touch and a great cross, another bargain buy if you ask me. A different option to Walker, which is great for us, as it makes us more unpredictable because opponents dobby know which one of them we play.

Keep them both.

Really good buy this one, a thumbs up for the black box as I'd never even noticed him at Burnley.

I get the feeling that all 4 full backs are very happy with the current situation of rotation, Poch has done a great job getting them to buy in to it. They'll all get plenty of games over the course of the season and should always be fresh, perfect!

I think that the demands made of them means that they physically couldn't maintain a lengthy stretch of consecutive games. And while the team is doing well and playing a decent number of matches, they are getting on the pitch sufficiently to ensure their happiness. The feel-good vibe around the club and the group is surely contributing to their satisfaction too.
And maybe they are actually listening to Poch's statement about how footballers are hired to train and then it is up to him to see if they deserve to play or offer the skills that he needs.

Back