• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Khan v Garcia

NaijaSpurs

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Garcia has just ended Khan's career, he got owned

Outclassed, out punched and knocked out in round 4

Khan was winning the fight? Outclassed!

You can't train a chin.

He will never learn. Way too open to the counter.

Khan was winning the fight? Outclassed!

You can't train a chin.

He will never learn. Way too open to the counter.

Totally off=topic (sorry), but massive win for your boys v the Pie-eaters in the Rugby yesterday. Hopefully the Wire can win tonight to set up a rematch from 2 years ago

Just seen the highlights, appalling defence from Khan that led to that left that put him down, was watching his sparring sessions for this fight and he was getting hit with that left all the time. D'OOOHHH

Losing is no great shakes. For me th issue is that he will always be vulnerable because his chin is too weak.

He had the whole minute between rounds to recover and it wasn't enough.

Should have been stopped in the 3rd. When he was hurt he should have covered up and held on for dear life rather than engaging!! Very very poor fighting.

World class boxer, local gym level chin and fight smarts.

Just seen the highlights, appalling defence from Khan that led to that left that put him down, was watching his sparring sessions for this fight and he was getting hit with that left all the time. D'OOOHHH

You could see the right hand over the top coming all fudging night. Very poor from Khan.

Totally off=topic (sorry), but massive win for your boys v the Pie-eaters in the Rugby yesterday. Hopefully the Wire can win tonight to set up a rematch from 2 years ago

I'm actually a Bulls fan!! But because I wasn't born in Leeds I have a soft spot for the rhinos.

I'm actually a Bulls fan!! But because I wasn't born in Leeds I have a soft spot for the rhinos.

Didnt realise you a Northern fan (sorry, but I'm old school, not into these Bulls,Wolves,Warriors names) Sorry to see whats happening off the field at Bradford,but the coaching staff/players are doing a great job on the field despite all the distractions

When he's hit he wants to stand and trade instead of tieing up. Unfortunately he hasn't got the chin or the power to do it

Didnt realise you a Northern fan (sorry, but I'm old school, not into these Bulls,Wolves,Warriors names) Sorry to see whats happening off the field at Bradford,but the coaching staff/players are doing a great job on the field despite all the distractions

My father in law is a sponsor at Northern and a life long fan. He's gutted!! I go to a few games a year with him and my brother in law. Theyll sort sommat out I reckon. The sums f money involved are nowt!! 500k! Just shows how small time league is. Average squad players on 30k!!

When he's hit he wants to stand and trade instead of tieing up. Unfortunately he hasn't got the chin or the power to do it

He has the power but as you say, he always comes off second best. His heart is admirable but someone needs to tell him he ain't no raging bull!!

Khan is simply Warrens attempt on cashing in on a guy he tried to promote as the next Prince Naseem.

He's brick and not even in the same league.

Most of his career win were built upon older and less talented fighters and now he's being found out against the better fighters.

Fragile jaw or not, yesterday he got knocked out from a left hook hitting him on the side of his neck because he was far too open.

He uses his speed too much to nip in and out, that is fine against poorer slower opponents but good people within the WW division tend to also possess top level speed as well as power and Khan simply doesnt have the tools to defend against it. Some matches he will get away with it such as Maidana but when you box like that you are always open to big hit.

Career is pretty much over now, will take him a couple of years to get his stature back and thats only if he can get the right opponents who quite rightly may not be interested. Certainly none of the established WWs like Cotto etc will go anywhere near him.

Pleased he lost tbh. I have never really warmed to him and always felt he was far too complacent in fights because of the hype surrounding him. Maidana being a case in point and referenced by others here. That fight should have been stopped but the referee protected him in the 10th. Even McCloskey caused him problems. The other thing that really narked me was this constant calling out of Mayweather. Not sure if it was actually due to being a stablemate of Pacquaio and looking to wind things up or a genuine wish to fight him. I can't believe anyone truly thought/thinks he is able to actually live with a boxer like Mayweather.

Either way, it won't happen now and for that he can in some ways feel relieved. He would have been schooled and dealt with on another level if he fought Mayweather.

Back