• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just back from the game

The result wasn't good, the performance in the first half wasn't good. But something was far better than it has been in a long time at OT, the fans.

Old Trafford was rocking, and even though we didn't win I haven't heard the fans so much during a home game in years.

Yep, one of the best OT atmosphere's of the last few years.
Easily the best for a 'normal' game (not City/Scouse/champs league semi etc) since Blackburn in '07?

It was brilliant. The SE was rocking. I was praying for a classic United comeback just to see how nuts the fans around me would go.

The best thing was it was loudest at 2-0 down. I swear Ferguson's Red Army was being sung for about 20 mins straight.

A real blow Totenhams 3rd but even that didnt quieten us down.

The fans really are a 12th man when they get going like that, how other teams concentrate with that racket going on I do not know.

Spurs took the full allocation too, first side to do so for a while. Decent support but they brick themselves second half and didn't pipe up until stoppage time, awful song book too. All ****ney sides are the same.

:ross:

Don't understand utd claims of a great atmos. They were silent first half. Our fans were one of the best away performances I've seen for a long time. Slight lull after their second as we thought we'd blown it. But we found our voices again soon after.

To be fair they made decent noise in the second half, especially after Nani's goal - just like we did against QPR 10 days ago.

At Old Trafford on Saturday evening, I was sat in the back row, right in front of some corporate boxes. At the start of the game, I thought "Oh great", when United score, I'll get loads of stick from the group behind me. Imagine then my surprise. when Vertonghen drove forward and scored, to see the group behind me smiling and celebrating. After Bale had scored, I could look into the box to catch the replays on the TV provided.

I have been to some momentous games in my life, including the recent "CL Playoff" at the Etihad and I must say our support at OT was some of the best that I have experienced. You always know when how much a victory means to the fans when you randomly end up hugging a complete stranger who just happens to be next to you, or in the row in front?

The noise generated by just over 2000 fans was absolutely deafening and we totally out-sung 73000 "day-tripping" Mancunians!! Lets keep this going as you could see how much it meant to the team?

Brilliant. Great read. Nights like that, make it all worthwhile

Last time I went there when we lost 5-2, their fans were proper giving outside it after as I had my Spurs shirt on. Honestly the most initimidated I've felt at any ground, and that includes Stamford Bridge and Upton Park!

I hope the fans that went yesterday gave it both barrels!
Try coming back from there in the 80s :eek:

No one including the police gave a sh1t about our safety, we got a slap or 2

Really pleased the lads sung there hearts out, you could hear them all game

Back