• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just back from the game

par_18

Stephen Kelly
What happened to this thread, always an interesting one.

Lets hear from the lads from yesterday, how was it outside the ground, journey home, anything interesting stand out or catch you eye?

Was shocking seeing how many Utd fans left with about 10 mins to go, unbelievable in a game like that!!

Yeah...I heard the Spurs Faithful at OT over TV loud and clear.
Especially so in the 2nd half - I believe the players heard them and were spurred on to what is a famous victory.

Maybe start this thread in a few days, when our lot eventually return to their homes after this game.

also, there was plenty of booing at half time, it's not just Spurs fans that do that

I heard the booing. Top 4 in the League after 5 games, snd they were booing because they losing at HT. I'm not saying it was acceptable for our fans to do it, but we werent in the lofty league postion United were.

Well done to the fans that were there, a night to cherish for all of them

Last edited:
Last time I went there when we lost 5-2, their fans were proper giving outside it after as I had my Spurs shirt on. Honestly the most initimidated I've felt at any ground, and that includes Stamford Bridge and Upton Park!

I hope the fans that went yesterday gave it both barrels!

Last edited:
What a great trip, i was at O/T the last time we won there as well and i never thought it would be so long between games. It was worth it though and the lads did us proud.

Fantastic day, great away support, 2nd half was absolutely horrible, just so delighted we did it in the end. So proud, COYS!!

How did all the fans find the courage to continue to sing throughout? I know that I found it hard to chat to a mate that I was with at the pub! I was too anxious about what could happen and so credit to all those that did go and sung their hearts out all throughout the game :D

How did all the fans find the courage to continue to sing throughout? I know that I found it hard to chat to a mate that I was with at the pub! I was too anxious about what could happen and so credit to all those that did go and sung their hearts out all throughout the game :D

There was a bit of a lull mid way through the 2nd half, looking around there were so many horribly worried faces, myself included. Ecstatic scenes at the end though, brilliant stuff.

At Old Trafford on Saturday evening, I was sat in the back row, right in front of some corporate boxes. At the start of the game, I thought "Oh great", when United score, I'll get loads of stick from the group behind me. Imagine then my surprise. when Vertonghen drove forward and scored, to see the group behind me smiling and celebrating. After Bale had scored, I could look into the box to catch the replays on the TV provided.

I have been to some momentous games in my life, including the recent "CL Playoff" at the Etihad and I must say our support at OT was some of the best that I have experienced. You always know when how much a victory means to the fans when you randomly end up hugging a complete stranger who just happens to be next to you, or in the row in front?

The noise generated by just over 2000 fans was absolutely deafening and we totally out-sung 73000 "day-tripping" Mancunians!! Lets keep this going as you could see how much it meant to the team?

Last edited:
At Old Trafford on Saturday evening, I was sat in the back row, right in front of some corporate boxes. At the start of the game, I thought "Oh great", when United score, I'll get loads of stick from the group behind me. Imagine then my surprise. when Vertonghen drove forward and scored, to see the group behind me smiling and celebrating. After Bale had scored, I could look into the box to catch the replays on the TV provided.

I have been to some momentous games in my life, including the recent "CL Playoff" at the Etihad and I must say our support at OT was some of the best that I have experienced. You always know when how much a victory means to the fans when you randomly end up hugging a complete stranger who just happens to be next to you, or in the row in front?

The noise generated by just over 2000 fans was absolutely deafening and we totally out-sung 73000 "day-tripping" Mancunians!! Lets keep this going as you could see how much it meant to the team?

=D>

Back