• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

judas

Remember that clam who came on the old board and tried to claim that Campbell isn't a mercernary whilst also slagging off Adebayor and Gallas?

And Sheringham and Campbell are not comparible. I was only 11 when Sheringham left so obviously I was gutted at the time, but looking back, you can't blame him, least he was up front and honest. If Campbell had done what McManaman did at Liverpool i.e. inform Liverpool that he was leaving at the end of the season a few months before the end of his contract was due to end, then we at least would have respected him for telling the truth.

Personally don't see why people still waste their energy getting worked up over him.

Move on, Spurs have....

I think we have moved on.

Problem is, Campbell hasn't. Forever re-opening old wounds because he's an attention seeker who wants people to feel sorry for him.

If RVP ran down his contract and joined us on a free - it still isn't as bad as SC. If we painted that picture to the goons (and especially considering their current predicament) they may just get a tiny grasp of our annoyance. The only similarities would be - their best player, worth a lot of money, captain... however he's not an Arsenal product - and so far he's not promised to stay.

Would love to get RvP just to give them a small taste.

If RVP ran down his contract and joined us on a free - it still isn't as bad as SC. If we painted that picture to the goons (and especially considering their current predicament) they may just get a tiny grasp of our annoyance. The only similarities would be - their best player, worth a lot of money, captain... however he's not an Arsenal product - and so far he's not promised to stay.

Would love to get RvP just to give them a small taste.

Closest comparison would be Wheelchair in that sense. Arsenal boy born and bred.

LOL!!!

Sheringham gave us his all and left to win trophies! He then came back!!!!! The fans NEVER had a bad word to say about Edward, not one!

LOL!!!

Sheringham gave us his all and left to win trophies! He then came back!!!!! The fans NEVER had a bad word to say about Edward, not one!

Look it's simple what he's doing , it's a NLD derby , his ego can't handle that he's not relevant anymore , his ego can't handle that even we don't talk about him anymore , not that we hate him any less... Little baby wants some attention and in no other area will he get that... Only from us if prodded .... Bugger off we've got bigger and fresher fish to fry ...

Were having a party when Campbell dies
Jelly and ice cream when Campbell dies
Pass the parcel when Campbell dies
Musical chairs when Campbell dies
Pin the tail on the donkey when Campbell dies
Choclate cake when Campbell dies

Bouncey Castle when Campbell dies
Cocunut shy when Campbell dies

Sheringham was saved from obscurity, what from Clough's Forest where he was scoring for fun, after they paid HUGE money for him from Milwall where he was scoring for fun and got 30-odd in a season? Whatever trevor!

many long term injuries?? what is this garbage?

'when you are ready to buy back players'? are you the Dalai Lama?

are you even a Spurs fan? This club has had some bad times, but they are all well documented. Go and read the excellent Tottenham Hotspur 1882-1996 by Phil Soar, it has many details and pictures.

Sheringham was a horrible loss, I remember queuing for Man Utd tickets at the Lane from 6am the day he moved and read about it in the queue, his first game back he missed a penalty for Utd while the Paxton was being rebuilt. But it was a fair cop - he wasnt winning, had a massive falling out with Sugar and moved to Utd and eventually was proved right by scoring in the Treble clinching game. But NOBODY was upset he went to Utd, just that he had left us! Campbell moved to ARSENAL after we made him club captain, after we made him the player he was, after he lifted a trophy for us at Wembley, after he had promised his fans he would sign a new contract. Whatever happened there, whos mistake it was ( probably Dan Levy ), it still dosnt justify what he did and STILL dosnt understand. This is at a time when the club was at least at parity with Arsenal, but it was slipping away fast with the arrival and continued success of Wenger, who we just happily supplied with the best centre half of his generation to replace Adams!

To compare this transfer with Sheringham's is so superficial.

Sheringham was an inconsistent goal scorer before we signed him. He was already 26 but had only played in First Div. 3 years with Millwall and Forest, scoring 10-13 goals. It was a big gamble for us to sign him and it paid off. He only improved after joining us, scoring 21 goals in his first season with us. But he was injured and missed the majority of the season the following year. He was a fans favourite and it was a big setback to us when he left. We didn't want to sell him but he forced us to sell him to ManU. For me, he will always be a bigger Judas than Campbell, because I hate ManU more than Arsenal ! It is a fact, ManU have fecked us more than any other team, off and on the field.

Sheringham was an inconsistent goal scorer before we signed him. He was already 26 but had only played in First Div. 3 years with Millwall and Forest, scoring 10-13 goals. It was a big gamble for us to sign him and it paid off. He only improved after joining us, scoring 21 goals in his first season with us. But he was injured and missed the majority of the season the following year. He was a fans favourite and it was a big setback to us when he left. We didn't want to sell him but he forced us to sell him to ManU. For me, he will always be a bigger Judas than Campbell, because I hate ManU more than Arsenal ! It is a fact, ManU have fecked us more than any other team, off and on the field.

Wait, how does Man U taking an ageing player off us and paying us a not inconsiderable fee compare to Arsenal taking our relatively young captain,a youth team product and our best defender, on a free? Similarly with the Berbatov saga; if United didn't come in, someone else would have, and at least they paid us a 30.75 million quid fee for a player with just a couple of years (or less) left on his contract. On th pitch, yeah, they've fudged us, and off the pitch, they've fudged us as well.No more so than many other teams have, though.

Of course, all that changes if they get their grubby paws on Modric. In that case ,they're deliberately screwing us over and I hope Old Trafford burns to the ground in a freak wiring accident.;)

Not sure where to start with this, but If you think Sheringham was a goal scorer you clearly dont remember his game, or the way football was at the time. But the point remains, Campbell will always be rememberd for crossing the line and spending the next decade crying about it.

Teddy an inconsistent goalscorer before joining us?

This was all from one season:

[video]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sheringham%20millwall&source=video&cd=1&ved=0CDgQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwQR 2-XWW2AI&ei=znhDT_fPOpTY8QOkltCHCA&usg=AFQjCNGLpwWgevb-nSgssX4HbpG9Q-b7FQ[/video]

Him and Campbell aren't comparable in the slightest. Teddy was at the end of his career (or so we all thought!) and was completely dingdonged about by Sugar, who accepted a transfer bid for him from the best team in the country. This after turning down Teddy's request for a 5 year contract to see out his career at the club. Campbell walked out on a free transfer after lying to us to stop us getting a transfer fee in order that he could get a bigger signing on fee, and joined the one team we couldn't accept him joining.

You know very little. It was all about a certain persons ego....

Sherringham wanted to stay at Spurs and asked for a wage that was in line with his status as our best player, an England regular and one of the top 5 strikers in the country. Sugar gave him a "take it or leave it" offer lower than the contract Teddy wanted. Teddy declined it but then went away to think about it and came back later saying he would accept it. Only to then be told that this offer no longer stood. That was the point that Teddy demanded a move. We then sold a 31 year old player who had never relied on his pace or power to Man Utd for ?ú3.5 million and signed a 31 year old player who had completely relied on his pace and power (and had a track record of injuries) for ?ú2.5 million more and chose to pay that player more than Teddy would've accepted to stay.

The Sherringham saga was very much a case of us fcuking ourselves over. Completely different to the Campbell saga where the player consistently refused to discuss a new contract, saying not to worry, he wasn't going anywhere and he would discuss and sign one at the end of the season, only to skip off to Arsenal (as I believe was always his intention).

I would love to go to some sort of do where they have all the ex England players there signing autographs... would be great to get every single player to sign a football and then as it got to Campbell take the ball away and say "Not you Judas".... as you pass the ball on to someone like Ian Wright (just to show that you can respect an Arsenal legend but never a Judas).

Sheringham was an inconsistent goal scorer before we signed him. He was already 26 but had only played in First Div. 3 years with Millwall and Forest, scoring 10-13 goals. .

The 'First Division' that you quote (Millwall 1987-88,88-89 & Forest 1991-92) was what the top division were called at that time. Was re-titled the Premier League for the 1992-93 season. So hardly a poor level to be plying his trade at.

I wish clambell ignominy and just fade out of football's collective memory. .. Who are we talking about?

Back