• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

They had 14 shots to our 13.
We were at home. They let us have the ball in non dangerous areas for huge periods.
Sanchez and Winks completed 80+ passes.
Lucas and Bergwijn completed 24 passes each.
They had spanked shots from distance.. like they did when we played away
We were very good with the ball most of the time
What cost is was defensive errors which they made less of
Their midfield was non existent and they just banged it long or to the beast... the stats show that and it was clear watching the game. They wanted to hit us on the counter or long

They had 14 shots to our 13.
We were at home. They let us have the ball in non dangerous areas for huge periods.
Sanchez and Winks completed 80+ passes.
Lucas and Bergwijn completed 24 passes each.
29450920-522D-44AC-AE18-0D8CBE4C80B4.png

The above stats show who was making those passes in the dangerous areas that you said they let us play..

Was reading an article Jenas wrote about Mourinho and Spurs this morning. Generally quite banal I must admit but he did make one good point about Mourinho.

You don't hire Mourinho to scrape into the top 4. You hire him to win trophies, often big ones. Until the Man Utd job, regardless of what state he left the club in, he won the league at every club he'd been at.

So there is no point in bringing him in and not backing him adequately in the next season or two, not aiming for the big trophies. We can of course fail to do so but we must try.

If we're going to continue to scrimp here and there, we may as well have continued to hire project managers and gone after someone like Nuno, Nagelsmann etc.

Was reading an article Jenas wrote about Mourinho and Spurs this morning. Generally quite banal I must admit but he did make one good point about Mourinho.

You don't hire Mourinho to scrape into the top 4. You hire him to win trophies, often big ones. Until the Man Utd job, regardless of what state he left the club in, he won the league at every club he'd been at.

So there is no point in bringing him in and not backing him adequately in the next season or two, not aiming for the big trophies. We can of course fail to do so but we must try.

If we're going to continue to scrimp here and there, we may as well have continued to hire project managers and gone after someone like Nuno, Nagelsmann etc.

I just read it. This is exactly the point I made when Jose was hired - I couldn't reconcile what the actual plan was. Is Jose going to get £150m to spend at the end of the season? If so then maybe he can add 3 quality players and create some kind of spine to build from.

Anything other than that and I don't understand what the plan is.

But whose to say we will scrimp and scrape
The past isn’t always the best way to predict the future...
I’m fully expecting another £150m outlay this summer and maybe more, but also some out goings

But whose to say we will scrimp and scrape
The past isn’t always the best way to predict the future...
I’m fully expecting another £150m outlay this summer and maybe more, but also some out goings

I'm not saying we will and I hope that we do not.

Just saying that if that is what we end up doing, hiring Mourinho is a pretty pointless venture imo. Now we've hired Mourinho, we need to show ambition on the pitch and not just off it.

We also need to make sure of course that we're not just spending money for the sake of it. It needs to be spent well, the way Liverpool have recently, the way Dortmund do etc. Barcelona have spent a lot of money recently on absolute wastes of space and we've done the same on a smaller scale.

If Campos really is coming in for example, I hope its soon/ we've already made contact because I can't help but feel its slightly pointless for him to come in on the 1st day of the window.

Just saying that if that is what we end up doing, hiring Mourinho is a pretty pointless venture imo. Now we've hired Mourinho, we need to show ambition on the pitch and not just off it.

We also need to make sure of course that we're not just spending money for the sake of it. It needs to be spent well, the way Liverpool have recently, the way Dortmund do etc. Barcelona have spent a lot of money recently on absolute wastes of space and we've done the same on a smaller scale.

If Campos really is coming in for example, I hope its soon/ we've already made contact because I can't help but feel its slightly pointless for him to come in on the 1st day of the window.
We will always have to take gamble until we get to 90% imo what is needed. The minor changes are the ones that could be big money like we saw with pool. I still say they were fortunate that it was obvious what they needed too but they acted which is key

you can see on here that even is fans who know everything can’t agree on what’s needed first...

We will always have to take gamble until we get to 90% imo what is needed. The minor changes are the ones that could be big money like we saw with pool. I still say they were fortunate that it was obvious what they needed too but they acted which is key

you can see on here that even is fans who know everything can’t agree on what’s needed first...

Great Post, its really difficult to tell how we got to the heights we did.
We had two stand out players at or approaching their peak (Harry and eriksen) and the rest were at least one level down.
But as a collective we had something, a team, a spirit, a common cause, or whatever it was that happened, gained momentum and took us places.
Unfortunately we couldn't cash in on it and sometime over the festive period of last year it broke.
And hiow do you fix something that you never fully understood to begin with.

We've had our moment in the sun, it's time to return to the spurs we know and love.
Its typical of spurs that our than some great memories we have nothing to show for it. On the field at least.

We had two stand out players at or approaching their peak (Harry and eriksen) and the rest were at least one level down.
But as a collective we had something, a team, a spirit, a common cause, or whatever it was that happened, gained momentum and took us places.
Unfortunately we couldn't cash in on it and sometime over the festive period of last year it broke.

We've had our moment in the sun, it's time to return to the spurs we know and love.
Its typical of spurs that our than some great memories we have nothing to show for it. On the field at least.
Well a good example of the gamble is Bergwein... no one said we needed him but he was available for good money and has added quality. He is also starter level rather than a stocking filler player. Gedson too is another who could be anything but is a low risk move

Players like Aaron’s and Atal would need to step up so that’s technically a gamble but have shown real quality when playing with their clubs

I think there's some element of luck associated with all great teams.

Ferguson is undoubtedly an incredible manager and would have had success regardless of what happened. Would he have had as much success if he didn't have the class of 99 coming through at the same time? How often do so many great players come through at once? How about picking up Cantona, the catalyst to their success, for pennies?

But they took advantage of that and built an empire. Liverpool have done the same with their stroke of luck (though not built an empire yet). Of course they were lucky to get that much for Coutinho. However, they took full advantage and they've smashed it since.

We got what was probably an even greater sum comparatively for Bale and didn't spend the money anywhere near as well.

There's a nagging thought in my head that we've missed our chance with our major stroke of luck, a world class striker coming through the academy. We'll see. Hopefully not.

Well a good example of the gamble is Bergwein... no one said we needed him but he was available for good money and has added quality. He is also starter level rather than a stocking filler player. Gedson too is another who could be anything but is a low risk move

Players like Aaron’s and Atal would need to step up so that’s technically a gamble but have shown real quality when playing with their clubs

Always liked Atal, not sure why we never followed it up.
Not seen enough of Aaron tbh.
Bergwein is looking good and really surprised not to see more of Gedson yesterday, he seems made for a Jose team.
And that for is the thing, we need to build a team, with a new dynamic, this one is done.
Keep Harry, Son and dele, replace the rest over the next 3 or 4 windows.
We've made a good start with Lo celso and the two above, and some might decide to re engage, and if they have age on their side great. But Toby, Jan, Hugo, Rose, Sissoko, lamela are probably all past their best.
Big fan of Hugo, Jan and Lamela so would be sad to see them go, but we need to be realistic.

Always liked Atal, not sure why we never followed it up.
Not seen enough of Aaron tbh.
Bergwein is looking good and really surprised not to see more of Gedson yesterday, he seems made for a Jose team.
And that for is the thing, we need to build a team, with a new dynamic, this one is done.
Keep Harry, Son and dele, replace the rest over the next 3 or 4 windows.
We've made a good start with Lo celso and the two above, and some might decide to re engage, and if they have age on their side great. But Toby, Jan, Hugo, Rose, Sissoko, lamela are probably all past their best.
Big fan of Hugo, Jan and Lamela so would be sad to see them go, but we need to be realistic.
Atal is injured with a serious injury

Poch tried to send Levy a similar message and all it got him in the end was the sack. I won't be holding my breath.

I think there's some element of luck associated with all great teams.

Ferguson is undoubtedly an incredible manager and would have had success regardless of what happened. Would he have had as much success if he didn't have the class of 99 coming through at the same time? How often do so many great players come through at once? How about picking up Cantona, the catalyst to their success, for pennies?

But they took advantage of that and built an empire. Liverpool have done the same with their stroke of luck (though not built an empire yet). Of course they were lucky to get that much for Coutinho. However, they took full advantage and they've smashed it since.

We got what was probably an even greater sum comparatively for Bale and didn't spend the money anywhere near as well.

There's a nagging thought in my head that we've missed our chance with our major stroke of luck, a world class striker coming through the academy. We'll see. Hopefully not.
I think the basics are there and we have a manager who isn’t long term in his views which means short term push and challenge
To improve the team I still believe it’s 2/3 key areas
To make the team title challengers again we would need those players and a lot of luck with injuries as we have seen (no one wins the emasculates with major players out)
Maybe if we don’t end up in Europe that would help but I can’t see not qualifying for Europa at least

I just read it. This is exactly the point I made when Jose was hired - I couldn't reconcile what the actual plan was. Is Jose going to get £150m to spend at the end of the season? If so then maybe he can add 3 quality players and create some kind of spine to build from.

Anything other than that and I don't understand what the plan is.
what if mourinho is supposed to fulfil the legacy that poch could not - our own ferguson/wenger?
from what i've seen levy is in for the looooonnngggg game. i would not be surprised if levy's got his back for this season and the next. after all, to begin with ....why would mourinho agree to join spurs? to fix his damaged reputation some say... but if waited long enough an easier job would have turned up in time.

Think Dembele was absolutely key to everything good about our team in its pomp, but I know that view is not shared by many on here so expecting to get pelters !

Back