• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Their second goal was caused by Traore running straight through the middle.... I think that goal was a direct result of us having no central midfielder capable of defending. Winks ridiculously goes pressing the opposition's number 8, leaving a HUGE space for Traore to receive the ball in centrally. If Spurs have even a half decent defensive midfield player then Traore is covered and that goal can't be scored. Tanganga tries to do the right thing and foul Traore but isn't strong enough (he should've made sure but was probably surprised at how strong Traore was).

I think the third goal also had nothing to do with the full backs, Wolves end up 3 on 3 centrally, Jotta runs towards the middle with Dier and Sanchez trying to cover him and Traore, unfortunately though Tanganga's positioning is terrible leaving far too much space for Jiminez behind him, leaving Jotta with a simple pass to give Jiminez the ball on the edge of our box already with a clear sight of goal.
Winks went out as their was no one closing down moutinho
We still had 6 men behind the ball yet they walked though basically

Sanchez and Aurier have been pretty good this season. While Davies is still getting back to form after a long lay off. Bit of an exaggeration to take a dig at Poch methinks.

At best they have been hit and miss - still costing us goals.

It’s his mess of a squad he’s built, the current squad issues is down to Mopo.

At the time we also had perhaps the two best central defenders in the league, the best midfield destroyer in the league and probably the two best full backs for being able to both attack and defend.

Jan and toby I agree with, the fullbacks not so sure about. Their high esteem was more to do with being English and and a lack of options.
For me Wanyama is where it started going wrong, we were pulling players from all over to fill the gap he left.

At best they have been hit and miss - still costing us goals.

It’s his mess of a squad he’s built, the current squad issues is down to Mopo.
I'd say it's more down to Levy. Poch got so frustrated with DL's brinkmanship in the way he managed transfer windows he basically called him out by announcing he was no longer the manager, just the team coach.

I'd say it's more down to Levy. Poch got so frustrated with DL's brinkmanship in the way he managed transfer windows he basically called him out by announcing he was no longer the manager, just the team coach.
Wasn’t every defender brought in under Pochs watch other than Jan
And Jan was frozen out at Several points by Poch

Wasn’t every defender bought in under Pochs watch other than Jan
And Jan was frozen out at Several points by Poch
Rose was already on our books, Toby has been outstanding but rejected a contract extension after Poxh had foughton his behalf to have it increased. And no, I do not recall Jan being frozen out as such. Yes he was left out for a few games at the start of this season but maybe there was something going on behind the scenes affecting squad morale. We really don't know (cough) what goes on behind closed doors but Jan's form this season has been very up and down, so much so even Mourinho has felt compelled to leave him out. So would you also argue Jose has frozen him out?

Rose was already on our books, Toby has been outstanding but rejected a contract extension after Poxh had foughton his behalf to have it increased. And no, I do not recall Jan being frozen out as such. Yes he was left out for a few games at the start of this season but maybe there was something going on behind the scenes affecting squad morale. We really don't know (cough) what goes on behind closed doors but Jan's form this season has been very up and down, so much so even Mourinho has felt compelled to leave him out. So would you also argue Jose has frozen him out?

Jan was left out two years ago too by Poch, and now he looks woeful IMO so I’d offer him a coaching role
Where have you heard Poch fought for Tobys contract?
Yeah rose was here and so was walker too and jan in that great defence we had... but that’s the in we had!!!
I meant the defence we have now though which is what the commenst were referring too

It feel like the old Poch can’t do no wrong, yes it’s all his fault argument again

in reality Poch made mistakes, Levy made mistakes, Mourinho is making mistakes... life goes on
Poch presided over some of the best game side ever been at as a spurs fan. He also was in charge for some of the biggest drops too after getting to the heights. He is a victim of his own success but he was also far from perfect

he will have learned some stuff here and it will show in has end the job. There will be things he missed and that will show in his next job. Good luck to him, but we have to move on

Jan was left out two years ago too by Poch, and now he looks woeful IMO so I’d offer him a coaching role
Yeah rose was here and so was walker too and jan in that great defence we had... but that’s the in we had!!!
I meant the defence we have now though which is what the commenst were referring too

It feel like the old Poch can’t do no wrong, yes it’s all his fault argument again

in reality Poch made mistakes, Levy made mistakes, Mourinho is making mistakes... life goes on
Poch presided over some of the best game side ever been at as a spurs fan. He also was in charge for some of the biggest drops too after getting to the heights. He is a victim of his own success but he was also far from perfect

he will have learned some stuff here and it will show in has end the job. There will be things he missed and that will show in his next job. Good luck to him, but we have to move on
Yes of course Poch made mistakes, no one's claiming otherwise. My original comment was simply that the problems with the present squad IMO are more down to Levy, not solely.

I no more regarded Poch as perfect than you Daniel Levy, however if you want to reduce this discussion to a slanging match then I really see no point in continuing it.

Yes of course Poch made mistakes, no one's claiming otherwise. My original comment was simply that the problems with the present squad IMO are more down to Levy, not solely.

I no more regarded Poch as perfect than you Daniel Levy, however if you want to reduce this discussion to a slanging match then I really see no point in continuing it.
It’s not a slanging match. I’m trying to encourage discussion and for people to get away from thinking one side of the other was perfect... it’s almost like Brexit
I certainly don’t regard Levy as perfect but I do believe he tries his best, same as Poch did
Hell if anyone was perfect at the cub it would probably be the grounds man and that’s about it
But all the failing defenders now were Poch buys. He was party to acquiring them and they were brought under his watch. I’m confused as to how that’s Levy’s fault.

I’m not a fan of Levy, but Mopo had complete control over the squad and building - certainly by the end - look at lamelas new contract !!!

They all made mistakes, poch, the players and Levy.
Just as you didn’t get to where we were without everyone performing, you don't drop to where we are just now without everyone dropping the ball in some way.
That seems to complicated for some though, they need a single person or issue to blame.
Pochs bad management, Levy being a tight wad, Sissoko or Serge being Sissoko and Serge.
It's not that simple unfortunately, and that's why there's no easy fix.
It's time to gird our loins, get behind Jose and the team and hope we can start again.
After all we're spurs, it might be the hope that kills you, but it's what keeps you going as well.

I’m not a fan of Levy, but Mopo had complete control over the squad and building - certainly by the end - look at lamelas new contract !!!
The key words missing (the same with every manager)... is complete control within the known constraints. So as we have seen many many times every manager wants players but some we couldn’t afford or get... that’s life and they get alternatives that we can that it’s safe to assume their happy with

Bravery, all that.
But that was the message no one knew what he meant.. it’s one of taken wonderful messages that can be interpreted 100 ways
Did it mean be brave and not buy anyone cos Poch was happy
Did it mean be brave and give players and him very long contracts
Did it mean be brave and break the bank and buy players we possibly couldn’t afford in the hope of reaching some pot of gold
Who knows.
Poch did throw a lot of odd comments out there in pressers that got hooked on and taken out of context sometimes as the press love to do. The best example do that was Danny Rose and his “I’m gonna run down my contract headline”, which when you read the whole interview actually said... what would I leave when the manager wants me here (the bit that didn’t make the headlines)

But that was the message no one knew what he meant.. it’s one of taken wonderful messages that can be interpreted 100 ways
Did it mean be brave and not buy anyone cos Poch was happy
Did it mean be brave and give players and him very long contracts
Did it mean be brave and break the bank and buy players we possibly couldn’t afford in the hope of reaching some pot of gold
Who knows.
Poch did throw a lot of odd comments out there in pressers that got hooked on and taken out of context sometimes as the press love to do. The best example do that was Danny Rose and his “I’m gonna run down my contract headline”, which when you read the whole interview actually said... what would I leave when the manager wants me here (the bit that didn’t make the headlines)

Sorry, I can't be arsed with the subject any more. It' s not you; I just wish I hadn't bothered engaging now, it's too depressing.

They all made mistakes, poch, the players and Levy.
Just as you didn’t get to where we were without everyone performing, you don't drop to where we are just now without everyone dropping the ball in some way.
That seems to complicated for some though, they need a single person or issue to blame.
Pochs bad management, Levy being a tight wad, Sissoko or Serge being Sissoko and Serge.
It's not that simple unfortunately, and that's why there's no easy fix.
It's time to gird our loins, get behind Jose and the team and hope we can start again.
After all we're spurs, it might be the hope that kills you, but it's what keeps you going as well.

The fact remains mate that Poch made us a top 4 regular and CL Finalist. He was getting much more right than he was wrong ( I suspect we agree).

I am a fan of Levy but I agree. Poch was 'the man' in Daniel's eyes and it looks like we are now paying the for Dan's overconfidence in Mauricio.
Yet another lesson painfully learnt for Mr 'L'

The fact remains mate that Poch made us a top 4 regular and CL Finalist. He was getting much more right than he was wrong ( I suspect we agree).

Yes we do agree.
There is obviously something that happened behind the scenes we don't know about because the whole situation is bizarre.
A relationship or dynamic broke somewhere.
Either with poch and a section of the squad, or in the squad itself or with poch and Levy.
I don't blame Levy for sacking poch, it's not what I would have done but hey ho, now we need to get on with it.

Back