• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

We weren't pinned back though, jesus christ what game were you watching Arsenal were afforded time and space on the ball with no pressure, all way up in their areas of the pitch whilst we sat back and kept our shape
He seems what he wants to see. Some how he seems to think Bale and Kane are the living resurrections of Messi and Maradona and should be able to dribble past 10 players on the way to goal.

It's not realistic. The team performance is a function of the team structure, if that structure is broken the team performance will be broken.

Kane barely touched the ball today, not because he was being lazy but because the ball rarely made its way to him. That was was down to the shape and decision to sit off Arsenal. Before Son went off we were playing 2 in the middle Vs their 3 and often 4 and 5 and were being easily outnumbered allowing them to spread the ball out wide and overload Doherty.

Any time the arsenal defenders had the ball we as a group dropped into our half to go a mid block, the ball was moved to their midfielders which at that point we tried to challenge. The opposite was the case with Arsenal, when we had the ball they pressed in our half, never allowing a clean pass to our midfielders or first line attackers.

Every ball we played was challenged and harassed and we did nothing to combat it. We improved slightly when Lamela cane on because we had an extra body in midfield as opposed to Moura who doesn't play the point as a ACM, but still we sat and waited to pounce rather than forced the error from them like they did to us.

I thought he was meant to be the difference maker in the big games? Seems all he's good for is shooting fish in a barrel.

This was a chance today to show our recent form wasn't down to the standard of opposition we had played - fell at the first hurdle.

It was a derby so it hurts more but with all that in mind we need wins now in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa away games coming up otherwise i just don't see it

Last edited:
@SpurMeUp - mate, you want nuance after we lost to Arsenal with a display as insipid, as cowardly, as pathetic as that?

This guy was supposed to be some tactical genius. He's a pound-shop Pulis that was comprehensively outthought by Mikel Arteta, 18 months into his first job.

He was supposed to be a motivational mastermind. His team looked wasted, insipid, gutless and heartless from minute 1 to minute 90, while Arteta's young Goons looked energetic, hungry and determined.

He's supposed to live by a credo 'fear is not a word in my dictionary'. Arteta's team pressed from the front, we sat back like miserable cowards and conceded loads of chances anyway. Arteta's a braver man than he is.

This fool picks Matt Doherty again and again - the most utterly useless right back at this club in a very long time, including Pascal Chimbonda and Kyle Naughton. This fool sets up to concede space to everybody bar useless minnows. This fool. No one else. Him.

We saw what we could do in the last 10 when we actually attacked because the handbrake finally came off. Makes me wonder what might have been if the team had just ignored this Portuguese chancer played from the start.

If we wanted a manager to crush minnows 4-0 by letting the players play, we could have hired Sherwood back on a tenth of the wage we pay to this coward.

The Goons have a better manager than we do on a fifth the salary. That's the reality of it.

Tldr; yet we lost to a soft pen and were close to equalising with a man less. How didn't the Kane and Sanchez fly in? I don't need to read your post it will = Mourinho is the anit-Crist and Doherty is his demon brother. Neither are perfect or terrible. Both have shown their merits and abilities, as well as weaknesses. If you can't see nuances then its pointless highlighting them to you; you wouldn't be able to see past your polarised opinion.

I didn't want Poch sacked, and don't want Mourinho sacked. You start a project and you need to give a manager time to see it through.

We weren't pinned back though, jesus christ what game were you watching Arsenal were afforded time and space on the ball with no pressure, all way up in their areas of the pitch whilst we sat back and kept our shape

we weren’t all in shape though, we were always recovering from coughing the ball up

the press was brick, I’ll give you that, Lamela improved it massively but I don’t recall Kane/Son/Bale forcing a rushed clearance

we lost due to effort, not tactics

I thought he was meant to be the difference maker in the big games? Seems all he's good fir is shoiting fish in a barrel
Exactly. Gets the big results. Yes we have won a few games lately. How bad we were at Fulham just sticks in the mind. Even tho had a little run we were not brilliant.

I know you can only beat what’s on the pitch etc but Burnley were truly awful that day and palace were undone by individual brilliance.

Jose solely relies on individual brilliance.We only took brakes off when we had 10 men and rattled them today. It’s on him for me.

Tldr; yet we lost to a soft pen and were close to equalising with a man less. How didn't the Kane and Sanchez fly in? I don't need to read your post it will = Mourinho is the anit-Crist and Doherty is his demon brother. Neither are perfect or terrible. Both have shown their merits and abilities, as well as weaknesses. If you can't see nuances then its pointless highlighting them to you; you wouldn't be able to see past your polarised opinion.

I didn't want Poch sacked, and don't want Mourinho sacked. You start a project and you need to give a manager time to see it through.

Mate, you are trying to find nuances in a game we set up horribly for and should have lost 5-2 to defend a manager who is paid the third-most in the league to lose to Potter, Ancelotti, Tuchel, Pep, Klopp, Arteta...the list goes on and on and on.

Fine. I'll leave you with this. He himself claims 'projects' are pointless and results are all that matter. He asks us to judge him on his results. With Poch, he was building something, we could see the bravery, we gave him time. With this bloke, he asks us to accept craven cowardice in exchange for immediate results.

Fine. I'll judge him on results. We have played 8 games against the top 10 since we played Arsenal last - lost all eight.

Mourinho, f*ck off - even the goddamn results are terrible.

Exactly. Gets the big results. Yes we have won a few games lately. How bad we were at Fulham just sticks in the mind. Even tho had a little run we were not brilliant.

I know you can only beat what’s on the pitch etc but Burnley were truly awful that day and palace were undone by individual brilliance.

Jose solely relies on individual brilliance.We only took brakes off when we had 10 men and rattled them today. It’s on him for me.

truthfully, the brakes came off because Arteta subbed Smith-Rowe for Willian. It was nearly the gift that gave. Arteta isolated our weak spots and our strengths were woefully off form.

I think Mourinho has found himself in the middle of a job he didn't think he was here for - rebuilding. I don't think Levy every understood what Poch was talking about back in 2018. It will surprise some of you to know at this exact moment in time, I feel somewhat sorry for Mourinho. Not more than I did for Poch obviously, but there are circumstances...

truthfully, the brakes came off because Arteta subbed Smith-Rowe for Willian. It was nearly the gift that gave. Arteta isolated our weak spots and our strengths were woefully off form.

I think Mourinho has found himself in the middle of a job he didn't think he was here for - rebuilding. I don't think Levy every understood what Poch was talking about back in 2018. It will surprise some of you to know at this exact moment in time, I feel somewhat sorry for Mourinho. Not more than I did for Poch obviously, but there are circumstances...

Yes good point. Willian was unnoticeable when he came on.
To an extent I understand where you are coming from regards Jose. But he sets up the team so it’s on him.

Circumstances ? Does that mean Levy ? I think he should shoulder a part of the blame myself.
Jose was never the right appointment for where we were at the time. More so now.

TBF mourinho would be happy rebuilding with the money we would have anticipated having before Covid.

I dislike the man but am not putting today on him. @dubai, you know my feelings on Poch.

Fair enough mate. I personally can and will blame him for this.

The guy I feel sorry for in a funny way is Levy. I honestly believe he earnestly wanted this appointment to work out - I certainly cannot fault him at all for hiring Jose Mourinho the legendary Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid manager.

It's not his fault he got the washed up Stoke-level Mourinho instead - everyone thought he'd changed.

Honestly, the sliding doors moment was 2017, and then 2018. Everything changed during those two summers and two January windows when we self-sabotaged everything that Poch had built. Since then it's all been flailing attempts at damage control with this declining squad.

But Mourinho wanted to be judged on results. His own demand, no one else's.

And when the results run dry, as they have against anyone even slightly decent - he has nowhere to hide, this supposed genius and motivational mastermind.

Mate, did that look like a motivated performance to you?

He set us up in a passive low block.
He did not motivate the players sufficiently.
He did not fix our right side.
I could easily have done that from here.
Seems Mou is not blind, he said on bbc:

first half 1-1 is not a reflection of what happened on the pitch
they were more intense
they were more aggressive
they were much better than us

I don't feel sorry for him, he supposedly scouted us and seen it as an easy pick up.
That he could not see the problems in this squad worries me, and I'm not talking about lack of talent in the team, but lack of bottle.
I like Jose, Im not a hater, but I don't think he is the correct fit for us.

The guy I feel sorry for in a funny way is Levy. I honestly believe he earnestly wanted this appointment to work out - I certainly cannot fault him at all for hiring Jose Mourinho the legendary Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid manager.

It's not his fault he got the washed up Stoke-level Mourinho instead - everyone thought he'd changed.

Honestly, the sliding doors moment was 2017, and then 2018. Everything changed during those two summers and two January windows when we self-sabotaged everything that Poch had built. Since then it's all been flailing attempts at damage control with this declining squad.

And when the results run dry, as they have against anyone even slightly decent - he has nowhere to hide, this supposed genius and motivational mastermind.

I never thought he'd changed, nor do I think he ever will. People don't at that age.

I don't feel sorry for him, he supposedly scouted us and seen it as an easy pick up.
That he could not see the problems in this squad worries me, and I'm not talking about lack of talent in the team, but lack of bottle.
I like Jose, Im not a hater, but I don't think he is the correct fit for us.

I guess he thought that as he’d managed to install bottle quite quickly into two other clubs who had been laying eggs for 50 odd years he could do it here too.

I guess there is a reason why the phrase is Spur5y and not Intery or Chelsey.

That looked just like so many performances we have had at the Death Star
It wasn’t new
It was even a surprise to me
Our players brick themselves at that ground
Did it under ever manager we have had.
My prediction before hand was a Desmond which I think was actually an achievable result even after the players decided not to turn up for 70 mins
But it’s Tottenham so I guess expect the unexpected

José Mourinho accused some of his players of “hiding” during Tottenham’s north London derby defeat to Arsenal, pointing to a lack of intensity that led both Gareth Bale and Tanguy Nbombele to be substituted early in the second half.
The main target of Mourinho’s frustration was a sluggish first-half performance in which he admitted Tottenham were fortunate to go in level despite scoring through an ingenious Lamela strike. “We were poor,” he said of the opening 45 minutes. “Defending bad, no intensity, no pressing. In terms of attacking football, some important players hiding. Really bad.”

Mourinho maintained he was “not pointing the finger at player A, B or C” but criticised “people hiding, not showing themselves, no intensity, no passing and moving”. Bale and Ndombele were replaced in the 57th and 62nd minutes respectively, Moussa Sissoko and Dele Alli coming on.

Asked specifically about Bale, he said: “Gareth and Tanguy, we need more intensity in our game. We need to press more, be more intense in the game.”

Another poor team performance when Jose takes ZERO responsibility for anything that went wrong. Class act through and through. I'm sure in his mind this is the best way to motivate the players and we're stuck with him and when we luck our way to the Carabao Cup he'll lord it over the fanbase that he is our best manager ever.

José Mourinho accused some of his players of “hiding” during Tottenham’s north London derby defeat to Arsenal, pointing to a lack of intensity that led both Gareth Bale and Tanguy Nbombele to be substituted early in the second half.
The main target of Mourinho’s frustration was a sluggish first-half performance in which he admitted Tottenham were fortunate to go in level despite scoring through an ingenious Lamela strike. “We were poor,” he said of the opening 45 minutes. “Defending bad, no intensity, no pressing. In terms of attacking football, some important players hiding. Really bad.”

Mourinho maintained he was “not pointing the finger at player A, B or C” but criticised “people hiding, not showing themselves, no intensity, no passing and moving”. Bale and Ndombele were replaced in the 57th and 62nd minutes respectively, Moussa Sissoko and Dele Alli coming on.

Asked specifically about Bale, he said: “Gareth and Tanguy, we need more intensity in our game. We need to press more, be more intense in the game.”

Another poor team performance when Jose takes ZERO responsibility for anything that went wrong. Class act through and through. I'm sure in his mind this is the best way to motivate the players and we're stuck with him and when we luck our way to the Carabao Cup he'll lord it over the fanbase that he is our best manager ever.

It wasn't just bale and tanguy, Harry let Luiz waltz past him and run yards up the pitch and just let him go.
None of our big players turned up tonight, none.

Back