• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Just needs to get rid of Pochs old lemons in the office and i think we will be good for a Europa league cup lift

quietly confident of a cup double tbh City have shown that their defence can be got at the last couple of games and looking at the teams left in the ropey league im not sure we should fear any

I was just sat here thinking about the possibility of us winning two cups this year. Not unrealistic being we are in one final and we are in a decent position in Europa league.

this would make Mourinho our most successful manager since Burkinshaw and it would be our best season since ‘61.

I would absolutely take that.

I was just sat here thinking about the possibility of us winning two cups this year. Not unrealistic being we are in one final and we are in a decent position in Europa league.

this would make Mourinho our most successful manager since Burkinshaw and it would be our best season since ‘61.

I would absolutely take that.

Whilst starting to play some footy!

Odd season.

quietly confident of a cup double tbh City have shown that their defence can be got at the last couple of games and looking at the teams left in the ropey league im not sure we should fear any

I have just layed us for the europa so we win and im happy or im down 2 grand. Would take the win all day long.

It wasn’t Poch’s lemons that meant we didn’t win the Europa.... it was him being too good and ensuring we qualified for the euro big cup instead of the euro also-rans bowl competition...

I'm not having that.
Under Poch we were knocked out:
2014/15 Last 32 by Fiorentina
2015/16 Last 16 by Dortmund
2016/17 Last 32 by Gent

Poch had no interest in the competition and played second string players in the knock outs.
Kane started 2 of those 6 legs.
The only leg in all of them we took seriously was the Gent second leg but Dele got sent off in the first half.

José Mourinho's pre-match notes (Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb - 11.03.21)
renderTimingPixel.png

Good evening and ‘welcome back’ to our home.

The past week has been an extremely encouraging one for us, having secured nine points from our three Premier League games against difficult opponents in Burnley, Fulham, and crystal Palace. These results are exactly what we needed after a negative run and we can feel the confidence return as we head into an important stage of the season.

Our performance against Crystal Palace at the weekend demonstrated the enthusiasm and ambition that exists among the squad right now. Even when we conceded the equaliser just before half-time, my players came with everything in the second half. There was no bad feeling or frustration at the timing of the goal we conceded, they responded by just regaining control of the game to secure a great win with some fantastic goals.

Fulham was a different kind of victory as it was a case of the team showing their control and focus at the other end of the pitch. It was a team performance and the clean sheet was a reward for everyone’s tremendous work, on an evening where we had to dig in and help each other to get over the line.

It is important that we continue to focus on ourselves. I have no interest in looking at the league table because we cannot control the results of other teams. We just have to keep winning matches and get the best number of points that we can, while continuing to play well.

It is good to enjoy the recent run we have been on and we do it in a soft way because we know we have difficult hurdles ahead of us, particularly as our next three games in the league are all away at Arsenal, Aston Villa, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Tonight our attention turns back to the Europa League as we welcome Dinamo Zagreb for the first leg of our last 16 tie. As with any team in the latter stages of European competition, two matches against a strong team Zagreb side will be a great test for us. They finished above Feyenoord and CSKA Moscow to win their Europa League group earlier this season, so we are fully aware of the threat they pose.

I have repeatedly spoken about my affection for this competition and I can assure you that myself and all the players are taking this game as serious as any other we have this season. Tonight we want to get one step closer to progressing to the next round in order to fulfil our aim of bringing you a trophy and something to smile about in these difficult times, something you all deserve.

I hope you enjoy the game.

COYS!

if we had one of the best teams in the league you'd have to imagine we'd be in with a chance of winning it
We have got one of the best squads in the league. With Bale added to Son and Kane, Ndombele showing why we bought him and the overall squad depth this team is on a par with Harry’s last season squad. And,I believe, more squad depth than the last manager ever had at his disposal.This squad should have done better in the league this season but I would absolutely take a an EL win.

We have got one of the best squads in the league. With Bale added to Son and Kane, Ndombele showing why we bought him and the overall squad depth this team is on a par with Harry’s last season squad. And,I believe, more squad depth than the last manager ever had at his disposal.This squad should have done better in the league this season but I would absolutely take a an EL win.
Attacking wise the depth is really good, I agree.

What Jose would do for Walker, Jan, (peak) Toby and Rose though! Not to mention Dembele and Wanyama!

Poch’s defensive options combined with Jose’s attacking ones and then we’re cooking on gas!

Attacking wise the depth is really good, I agree.

What Jose would do for Walker, Jan, (peak) Toby and Rose though! Not to mention Dembele and Wanyama!

Poch’s defensive options combined with Jose’s attacking ones and then we’re cooking on gas!
Agree about the CBs but Aurier and Reguillon are not bad replacements for Walker and Rose. Agree Dembele would be awesome in this team but blimey he would make any team better. Hojbjerg is pretty good though.

Agree about the CBs but Aurier and Reguillon are not bad replacements for Walker and Rose. Agree Dembele would be awesome in this team but blimey he would make any team better. Hojbjerg is pretty good though.
This Aurier and Reggie are on par with any sides full backs this season
Shame we didn’t have them under Poch as replacements

Don't particularly want to open up that can of worms but I'd say we've got much better depth now than we've ever had before and are a 2-3 players short of having a top clas XI.

The difference having a midfield og Hojberg + Ndombele makes over Sissoko + Winks alone is huge and that was our midfield since we left WHL pretty much

Don't particularly want to open up that can of worms but I'd say we've got much better depth now than we've ever had before and are a 2-3 players short of having a top clas XI.

The difference having a midfield og Hojberg + Ndombele makes over Sissoko + Winks alone is huge and that was our midfield since we left WHL pretty much
100%
And the full backs now stand up with most teams
Sort out the defensive spine and we’re getting somewhere

I'm not having that.
Under Poch we were knocked out:
2014/15 Last 32 by Fiorentina
2015/16 Last 16 by Dortmund
2016/17 Last 32 by Gent

Poch had no interest in the competition and played second string players in the knock outs.
Kane started 2 of those 6 legs.

The only leg in all of them we took seriously was the Gent second leg but Dele got sent off in the first half.
And who can blame him for that? We were already competing way above our level against the money-doped big boys. Unlike the Citys and Chelscums we simply did not have a squad big enough to compete on all fronts. So the top priority was - quite rightly imo - qualification for the CL so that we could build a squad big enough to compete for the top prizes.

The squad is better, the bench is the best I've seen ever.

The issue is the weak links are more pronounced now, address those and it will be quite some side.

Back