• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think it's a very good point you bring up about if we're judging progress season by season or in a larger perspective.

I was talking about more short term progress, season to season. Based on a wider perspective I can see your point more clearly. Thanks.

I'm not sure if how bitter and twisted I am that I'm bizarrely envious of Wigan fans but I'm glad it comes off as a pertinent point !

This, a thousand times over .. it's also a sign of progress (not in isolation, but combined with the consistency of PL results, European participation, etc.)

As for the second part, I'd enjoy it for a while, especially against City

And just to stir the pot :eek: win the league cup gets you into Europe's newest competition (Europa Conference League?)

Let's see if Levy agrees eh?!
I actually believes
If Spurs win the Europa under Jose then he will (rightly) go down as one of our best ever managers.

Of course there will be some supporters who aren't happy with him, just as there were some supporters not happy with Pochettino even though he had us competing at a level above the Europa.

I look at him and genuinely believe he is one of the only managers who can navigate to that. I believe he can do it. And you're right, given all context.

Poor Jose. He must be the only manager in history who has had to play players he wouldn't have signed in the first place. My heart goes out to him.

Did I ever say that he was?

has anyone said that he was?

Probably not so save the sarcasm!

You can see it when we win on here, there are still those who want to make snide remarks about Mourinho. But to be fair the likes of Steff and Billy, whilst critical of Mourinho have also acknowledged the decent performances aswell. I’d like Mourinho to stick two fingers up at some ‘journalists’ more than anything, some of the nonsense I’ve seen written about him is cringeworthy....

You see it on other Forums and FB

Pathetic

Last three games

Three wins
Three clean sheets
9 goals for
Nil against

Still not good enough for some with their own agendas because we’re not playing well enough!

You see it on other Forums and FB

Pathetic

Last three games

Three wins
Three clean sheets
9 goals for
Nil against

Still not good enough for some with their own agendas because we’re not playing well enough!

The playing well enough is not the issue, it's the lack of acknowledgement of context

- Burnley, full strength team, preceded by mid week game where we got to rest key/overworked players
- Fulham, following a PL game, had to rotate as we will be playing 5 games in 16 days including 3 away games in a row, FB quality difference is huge.

Again, do I get people saying Fulham was a hard game, tough to watch? = sure
Do I understand not even figuring in the context and just shouting "see, we play brick, negative dinosaur football"= no

seems like the players still don't get the don't drop back part. I feel that while bale isn't that quick or powerful anymore he brings a new optimism and stronger mentality in the squad when he plays.

Spurs players thought Mourinho was ‘crazy’

Reflecting further on the timing of the goal they conceded, Mourinho shared an interesting anecdote from inside the dressing room.
He added: “I told them at half-time I was very happy with the goal we conceded.
They think I was crazy.

“It was proof to the players if you lose control and start dropping, they have one, two three crosses and it’s difficult to keep a clean sheet.

“That 1-1 put us in a position where we had to go forward. Because of the feeling of the first half, it was about 2-1, 3-1, and not 2-1 and drop back.

“I think I passed the feeling to the players. They were relaxed and optimistic.”

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/mourinho-hails-tottenham-reaction-players-thought-crazy

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

seems like the players still don't get the don't drop back part. I feel that while bale isn't that quick or powerful anymore he brings a new optimism and stronger meteorology in the squad when he plays.

Spurs players thought Mourinho was ‘crazy’

Reflecting further on the timing of the goal they conceded, Mourinho shared an interesting anecdote from inside the dressing room.
He added: “I told them at half-time I was very happy with the goal we conceded.
They think I was crazy.

“It was proof to the players if you lose control and start dropping, they have one, two three crosses and it’s difficult to keep a clean sheet.

“That 1-1 put us in a position where we had to go forward. Because of the feeling of the first half, it was about 2-1, 3-1, and not 2-1 and drop back.

“I think I passed the feeling to the players. They were relaxed and optimistic.”

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/mourinho-hails-tottenham-reaction-players-thought-crazy

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Solid comments.

Bale brings a lot of things, what he can do with a football with his left foot is high up the list though.

Question is, if we had a CB pairing that was genuinely good, backed by a quality keeper ... how far could he take us? If we play with this current intent with a solid back line i think we could push any team in any competition with Mourinho. Like him or loathe him he knows a thing or two about winning.

Question is, if we had a CB pairing that was genuinely good, backed by a quality keeper ... how far could he take us? If we play with this current intent with a solid back line i think we could push any team in any competition with Mourinho. Like him or loathe him he knows a thing or two about winning.

This.

if we had one of the best teams in the league you'd have to imagine we'd be in with a chance of winning it

if we had one of the best teams in the league you'd have to imagine we'd be in with a chance of winning it

With Mourinho in charge, I wholeheartedly would agree. Many managers with one of the best teams in the league would still not really deliver as we had under Poch.

With Mourinho in charge, I wholeheartedly would agree. Many managers with one of the best teams in the league would still not really deliver as we had under Poch.

hey if Mourinho manages to outperform Pochettino we'll be sat here with a league title and/or a CL which im sure we'll all be happy with - even if he just gets us challenging like we were before that would be a start

hey if Mourinho manages to outperform Pochettino we'll be sat here with a league title and/or a CL which im sure we'll all be happy with - even if he just gets us challenging like we were before that would be a start

Just needs to get rid of Pochs old lemons in the office and i think we will be good for a Europa league cup lift

Back