• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Precisely. I read some posts by some posters here and I shake my head.

Yes we have lost some matches. Yes we are in a bad patch of form but such is life. It can be painful but some posters should stop making it feel like we are rubbish.

We will learn and we will grow. We will change members of the playing squad. Do not let yourselves become tools of the media and members of the playing squad.

THIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!
So help me GHod, I absolutely agree with Redknapp and have said the same myself.
This is dangerous and makes me feel a tad dirty!!!!
This is exactly what Harry is good at, and did when he took over at Spurs - putting his arm around talented players and getting them playing. With Dele I agree, but with Bale I’m really disappointed - with the level he was at, and then the constant criticism he has had for the past year or two, he should be chomping at the bit to produce. He shouldn’t be needing Mourinho to get inside his head and put him up against the worst defender at the club until he thinks he’s good. Jeez, if Bale has fallen that far there really is no hope. And if he still is any good he would be embarrassing our defenders in training every day anyway, they are all rubbish:D.....

It almost entirely sums up my thoughts.

THIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!
So help me GHod, I absolutely agree with Redknapp and have said the same myself.
This is dangerous and makes me feel a tad dirty!!!!

What does ‘get inside their heads’ actually mean? It’s like something a Paul Whitehouse character spoofing a football manager would have said back in the 90s. It’s completely outdated, and the sort of nonsense ‘Arry comes out with to cover the fact that he doesn’t do tactics.

Crikey that Daily Heil article

Despite making the claim in the headline that JM and JM alone has dragged this team in to top 4 contention the article gives no reasoning as to why that's the case. Sounds familiar. Wonder if the person writing it bothered to check the table as we're closer in points to 12th than we are 4th?

It's just a load of Spurs aren't winners, Mourinho is a winner - how dare their fans question him nonsense

Precisely. I read some posts by some posters here and I shake my head.

Yes we have lost some matches. Yes we are in a bad patch of form but such is life. It can be painful but some posters should stop making it feel like we are rubbish.

We will learn and we will grow. We will change members of the playing squad. Do not let yourselves become tools of the media and members of the playing squad.

not read the artcile as i dont click Daily Heil links :D if someone willing to summarise?

As i've said in my criticism of Jose in earlier posts, i dont think we're as bad as people make out. I don't think Leicester or Man U have a better squad than us at all, in fact a lot of the talking down of our players i feel is a stretch.

The problem at the moment though, is Jose is not getting the best out of this team. That's his job, to get the best out of the tools he has at his disposal. This is a team that does have quality, certainly more attacking than defensive, so why we started our last game with effectively 6 defenders i do not know. Why, when Kane went off in our last game we brought on Lamela, i do not know.

Lastly, and not trying to dig you out, but you say we will learn and grow. But the fact we've thrown away the most points from winning positions tells me differently. I'd like to see something that can give me that faith Jose will learn and grow, but right now not seen anything.

not read the artcile as i dont click Daily Heil links :D if someone willing to summarise?

As i've said in my criticism of Jose in earlier posts, i dont think we're as bad as people make out. I don't think Leicester or Man U have a better squad than us at all, in fact a lot of the talking down of our players i feel is a stretch.

The problem at the moment though, is Jose is not getting the best out of this team. That's his job, to get the best out of the tools he has at his disposal. This is a team that does have quality, certainly more attacking than defensive, so why we started our last game with effectively 6 defenders i do not know. Why, when Kane went off in our last game we brought on Lamela, i do not know.

Lastly, and not trying to dig you out, but you say we will learn and grow. But the fact we've thrown away the most points from winning positions tells me differently. I'd like to see something that can give me that faith Jose will learn and grow, but right now not seen anything.
I also don’t want to sully my internet history with a daily heil link but it’s obviously some kind of mistake, as they seem to be siding with an immigrant.

Fair post and I do agree that Jose is also in for some criticism. I have felt at times that he needs to let the team go at it in some games.

This dream that some messiah is going to come in and turn this crop of players is laughable. These players bottled the champions league final, since they got top they just fell apart. There is something wrong with the mentality of them, and Jose has pretty much the best mental strength to make players winners. I understand the Jose's current criticism but let's not get ahead of ourselves here and think someone can come in and turn it around. It may work for a few games but we will be back to square one of being mediocre and go backwards.

This dream that some messiah is going to come in and turn this crop of players is laughable. These players bottled the champions league final, since they got top they just fell apart. There is something wrong with the meteorology of them, and Jose has pretty much the best mental strength to make players winners. I understand the Jose's current criticism but let's not get ahead of ourselves here and think someone can come in and turn it around. It may work for a few games but we will be back to square one of being mediocre and go backwards.

That's the horse I'm backing too.

This dream that some messiah is going to come in and turn this crop of players is laughable. These players bottled the champions league final, since they got top they just fell apart. There is something wrong with the meteorology of them, and Jose has pretty much the best mental strength to make players winners. I understand the Jose's current criticism but let's not get ahead of ourselves here and think someone can come in and turn it around. It may work for a few games but we will be back to square one of being mediocre and go backwards.

Things were going OK till the turn of style and attitude around the West Ham game.
If nobody is going to come in that can turn this around and Mourinho cant change things. Sadly the current setup is not going to stop Arsenal and even West Ham waving as they sail pass us in the league.

We didn’t ‘bottle’ the CL final, we simply lost to a better team. Liverpool being better than us was evidenced by them:

1. Finishing above us that season on a ridiculous number of points
2. Beating us twice in the league that season
3. Winning the league at a canter the following season

Jose doesn’t ‘make players winners’. He just manages very good teams with a lot of good players.

Remind me what precisely did Harry Redknapp win with Spurs? Easy to say Jose should motivate Bale and Alli especially Bale. Gareth is over 30 and he needs a manager to help him gain his confidence and self belief? Really! When do we make players take responsibility for showing up and doing their jobs? Managers can motivate aye but a proverb says you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

We he got us to a league cup final, CL finish, 2xFA Cup semi finals and played attractive football which was second only to Poch in terms of being pleasing on the eye. He was also responsible for lifting Bale from part-time left back to wing wizard, which was then taken on another level under AVB.
Mourinho has got us to a league cup final and also made us all want to scratch our eyes out rather than watch what is happening on the pitch.

This dream that some messiah is going to come in and turn this crop of players is laughable. These players bottled the champions league final, since they got top they just fell apart. There is something wrong with the meteorology of them, and Jose has pretty much the best mental strength to make players winners. I understand the Jose's current criticism but let's not get ahead of ourselves here and think someone can come in and turn it around. It may work for a few games but we will be back to square one of being mediocre and go backwards.[/b]

I don't know if I agree with that. Rather, Mourinho has had an amazing eye and understanding of which players have that winning ability within themselves before he buys them. It's why he's had a preference for fully formed players moreso mentally than physically but that usually coincides with the player being older and more developed physically.

When the player themselves lacks that killer instinct and strong man mentality Jose has been unable to do anything with them. Think Queresma, Mkhitaryan, Canales, Salah and even the ones he didn't purchase but inherited like De Bruyne.

It's why he loves Kane and Son so much, they both have that strong drive that comes from within. I also think that's why he persevered with Aurier because despite his initial failings he has a very strong character and that beyond anything is what Mourinho requires.

Look at that footage from Brighton at half time when he stood outside the dressing room and left the players to sort out their motivation and drive amongst themselves. You need to be a strong bastard to maximise your potential under Jose.

Last edited:
Things were going OK till the turn of style and attitude around the West Ham game.
If nobody is going to come in that can turn this around and Mourinho cant change things. Sadly the current setup is not going to stop Arsenal and even West Ham waving as they sail pass us in the league.

The West Ham game was before the wins against City and Arsenal, which were both great performances.

I dont buy that. Look at kane, Son, Bale, Dele, GLC, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Bergwign - there's 8 players who you can combine in various ways to play great football and attack teams if the set-up is right and tactics are right. We have a decent young LB and competent RBs, plus a keeper who, whilst has wobbly games, is generally solid. CBs do need upgrading I agree.

The point is that Jose's tactics, as well as being painful to watch, are not getting the best out of the squad.

The West Ham game was before the wins against City and Arsenal, which were both great performances.

those two performances, whilst not my cup of tea, showed that the players were onboard with things at that point - takes a lot of mental strength and concentration to defend like that for 90%+ of a game - so i do find some of the blame placed on the players since then a little strange

Back