• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

1) opinion: Levy is nowhere considering sacking Jose because it completely makes my favourite buttplug of his decision to sack Poch and bring him in. He'll leave it a while longer especially given we're in a Cup final (not that will save us falling lower to say 8th place finish ala Juande) - but very real risk of falling behind Chelsea, West Ham and Arsenal in next few games (already behind west ham) and as @billyiddo said, absolutely no evidence historically he's had experience turning this around

2) i can handle brick football when we win. But when you don't win, and you don't score, and you don't attack, then questions can and should be asked. As @90291Spur said, if you can't defend and everyone knows you can't defend, employing a tactic which you are totally dependent on defending and defending well is a bit nonsensical. I'm not paid £15m a year to work out a better idea, but Jose is. We have the tools to do better, but he's refusing to change which is hugely worrying

3) The subs and general tactics are becoming nonsensical now. When we need a goal, it's like FIFA where you bring on a quick player and hope for the best in Moura, or simply bring Lamela on. We have NO attacking intent, you can blame players all day but WE DO NOT fudging ATTACK. Several games we go a goal up and sit back, evidenced by our lack of shots on goal or even the dreaded xG stat. That is not down to simply players not hitting the onion bag, it is down to tactial instructions and implementation by Jose. Again, that may work against City and the odd game vs Arsenal, but not every team will allow Son and Kane free will and as soon as you shut those two down you've beaten Spurs.

Can Jose turn it around? YES. He has the players to do it, i fail to believe that squad is not as capable as fudging west hams. But playing 6 defenders vs Brighton effectively who are statistically the worst home team in the league and haven't won at home in 400 days, funnily enough is not the answer.

FIX IT.

I think Mourinho is doing a good job of bringing the fanbase together

:D those who dont hate him already are starting to.

It is like whoever is prime minister after boris will get a bit of a free ride.

Back to us, young players getting some much needed time on loan. New proper manager in the summer. Next season could be the one lads, just could be.

here’s the thing. If the defensive aspect of the squad is weak, relying on it does not make sense. Defending as deeply as we do - a classic Jose tactic - increases chances for the opponent. When they don’t take those chances, like Emirates Marketing Project at home, and we do, we win. But we have seen that doesn’t work enough.

with regard to “bolster and repair the team”, Jose has so much history of causing conflict and ill feeling. Hence most of his sackings. And Jose is one of the all-time sh1tters on people, whether they be players or even medical staff.

Sadly for us, the things we need in a manager - both personal (see above) and professional (see, read and hear all those in the game who say that his 'tactics' are ancient), don't exist in jose. What does exist is a vast presence, and an ability to make news (which is probably one of the reason Mr. Levy loves him). I'd like him out of here pronto.

Of course these things are never as black and white as the last result. When we were top, it was clear we were not the finished article but fans started to dream. It was the worst thing for us. We needed to keep developing, instead we relied on the defensive game as it was delivering results. We needed to develop our midfield play and transition better out of defence.

It wasn’t too far off what can work. Just the balance wasn’t quite there. Now with injuries and Mourinho changing things too much and probably choosing the wrong players, we’re floundering.

I didn’t want Poch sacked, and I can’t see us sacking Mourinho. He has a level of intelligence that should see him turn this around provided he doesn’t undermine the players.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think Mourinho is doing a good job of bringing the fanbase together

:D those who dont hate him already are starting to.

Ha! He is! I grudgingly accepted him and was open to him, but the wheels have come off, he's attacking players, the football is utterly dreadful (worse that George Graham) and we're in free-fall.

Another 12 months of him will set us back 24-36 months. The longer he stays, the longer a new guy will need longer to fix the problems and the longer tey'll need to have catch-up the other clubs again.

Yup. We got year 3 Jose after a few months. The game has moved on. J Wilson on the Guardian Pod was talking about how teams like Villa and Southampton are well drilled and coached, and that Jose doesn't do that. And this is a season where a coach needs to evolve due to COVID congestion. Jose doesn't have that in his narcissistic locker as he can't be wrong. Which brought him loads of success in his prime.
TBF he also said in a season of chaos the control of Jose will shine... that was about 8 weeks ago

For me it comes down to simple things. I don't mind not winning things but I want to feel pride in my club and see some entertainment. His appt blew the "pride" bit aside because I cannot feel proud that someone whom operates like him is in charge. But I felt maybe there'd be entertainment? At the very least, the panacea to all this is winning. We're supporters. We want to win things of course, so when winning, when top, holes are overlooked.

Right now there is none of it.

Personally, I think the season will tell its own story. My knees jerk when I hear him speak these days, but that is neither rational or productive and I recognize that. He is still in three cup competitions, one I consider nothing more than a retro-lateral step to nothing, one which would be a bit more fun, and one which would mean something to this club on a couple of levels. The Europa is everything. Guaranteed CL place and a European trophy.

For me it comes down to simple things. I don't mind not winning things but I want to feel pride in my club and see some entertainment. His appt blew the "pride" bit aside because I cannot feel proud that someone whom operates like him is in charge. But I felt maybe there'd be entertainment? At the very least, the panacea to all this is winning. We're supporters. We want to win things of course, so when winning, when top, holes are overlooked.

Right now there is none of it.

Personally, I think the season will tell its own story. My knees jerk when I hear him speak these days, but that is neither rational or productive and I recognize that. He is still in three cup competitions, one I consider nothing more than a retro-lateral step to nothing, one which would be a bit more fun, and one which would mean something to this club on a couple of levels. The Europa is everything. Guaranteed CL place and a European trophy.

I know you can only beat the teams in front of you, but look at the cup runs. Struggled through a weak EL group, have beaten a team of amateurs and the championsihp bottom team in the FAC, and in the LC we had a bye, beat two championship teams and beat Cheatski on penalties. I dont think its a glowing endorsement of him. If we don't have Kane, I think Everton will beat us in the FA Cup next week. As for winning the EL, we look a million miles from being able to do so

I dont thikn Levy will act now, but 2 points say from the next 3 league games and losing in the FAC might well push him to act. I just don't see Mourinho succeeding here so better to act asap rather than letting the rot continue

Redknapps thoughts on Bale and Dele were interesting. He said Mourinho should get inside their heads and get them playing. Both are confidence players and need their egos managing. That is his job. Of course it is up to the players themselves but with Dele he would get him some extra training to really get him fit and firing. With Bale he said he is only 31.doesnt drink or smoke so there is no reason he should have totally lost it. Harry would get him up against the worst defender at the club and make Bale take him on time after time until he got his mojo back. He said others who were getting a game in front of him weren't fit to lace his boots.

Imagine if we had the following front five, all playing at the top of their game:

.................NDombele..........Dele.............

Bale...................Kane..................Son

We would be unstoppable.

Mourinho needs to play to our strengths and stop this dreary defend at all costs negative attitude which is not doing anyone any favours.

Redknapps thoughts on Bale and Dele were interesting. He said Mourinho should get inside their heads and get them playing. Both are confidence players and need their egos managing. That is his job. Of course it is up to the players themselves but with Dele he would get him some extra training to really get him fit and firing. With Bale he said he is only 31.doesnt drink or smoke so there is no reason he should have totally lost it. Harry would get him up against the worst defender at the club and make Bale take him on time after time until he got his mojo back. He said others who were getting a game in front of him weren't fit to lace his boots.

Imagine if we had the following front five, all playing at the top of their game:

We would be unstoppable.

Mourinho needs to play to our strengths and stop this dreary defend at all costs negative attitude which is not doing anyone any favours.

or

..........NDombele..........Hjobjerg.............

.....GLC..............Dele............Son..........

......................Kane....................

Harry would get him up against the worst defender at the club and make Bale take him on time after time until he got his mojo back. He said others who were getting a game in front of him weren't fit to lace his boots.
So any of them except Reggie really...

We would be unstoppable.

THIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!
So help me GHod, I absolutely agree with Redknapp and have said the same myself.
This is dangerous and makes me feel a tad dirty!!!!

Remind me what precisely did Harry Redknapp win with Spurs? Easy to say Jose should motivate Bale and Alli especially Bale. Gareth is over 30 and he needs a manager to help him gain his confidence and self belief? Really! When do we make players take responsibility for showing up and doing their jobs? Managers can motivate aye but a proverb says you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

Back