• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Questions need to be asked - rightly so.

3 at the back, which is effectively 5 at the back, WHY? Against the team with the worst home record in the league?

The lack of midfield control was startling and effectively negates our best player this season in Ndombele. We cannot defend. Wycome proved that. Brighton proved that. Why is Jose playing 5 defenders in a game? Put some effort into feeding Ndombele and getting us attacking.

Building through the full backs of Davies and Sissoko is fudging laughable. brick. on Jose entirely.

Let's ask the question.

Has Jose lost the dressing room? After that performance, it looks like it.
I don't think it looked like he had lost the dressing room in the second half. We weren't good enough in the second half either, don't get me wrong. But there was quite a lot of effort and trying.

He might be in the process of losing the dressing room if we don't turn things around. Not sure about the time scale though.

Dr. Tottenham allowed Brighton to be the last home side in the top four divisions to win on their patch. Classic.

Liverpool not scored in the league in 2021? Dr Tottenham will see you now.
Brighton not won at home all season? Dr Tottenham will see you now.
Timo Werner not scored since October of 2020? .... is there a Doctor in the house?!

Hes going to get backed by levy if that's the case and that cant be a bad thing. A successful manager with full backing by Levy ...

If Levy was actually asked, what would he say? 'no, I'm going to fire Jose if he doesnt win one of the next three games'?

If Levy was actually asked, what would he say? 'no, I'm going to fire Jose if he doesnt win one of the next three games'?
This.

Wouldn't be surprised if Levy is already considering options. If the time comes to be ruthless or not is still not known.

This.

Wouldn't be surprised if Levy is already considering options. If the time comes to be ruthless or not is still not known.

I have no doubt that he is. He's always acted very fast in bringing in a replacement so I'd expect that he starts thinking about the next man the moment he makes an appointment.

In fact, it would be negligible not to do so. All big corporates have succession plans for key roles, and a football club should do so for a manager. Timing for a manager leaving might not always be in the clubs control

We should stick with Mourinho. The worrying sign is the rumours of a fall out with Aurier. We saw how Mourinho can single him out and insult on the Amazon doc. I don’t think it is productive or justified. I would have kept Aurier on against pool and asked him to focus on tracking Mane.

Hopefully Mourinho can repair and bolster the team. It is clear how fragile our confidence is. Mourinho attacking players and dividing them is counter productive. Sure demand everything, push them to be better, but don’t shi1 on people. Aurier has shown he can play let’s hope Mourinho didn’t grow him under the bus. He needs to foster some togetherness and uncover some confidence in the side.

Ultimately I find Mourinho too negative. But I respect his defensive approach. He just needs to pair it with some greater attacking coaching. With the players Levy likes to buy, we need a coach who can bolster younger players and bring them through.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We should stick with Mourinho. The worrying sign is the rumours of a fall out with Aurier. We saw how Mourinho can single him out and insult on the Amazon doc. I don’t think it is productive or justified. I would have kept Aurier on against pool and asked him to focus on tracking Mane.

Hopefully Mourinho can repair and bolster the team. It is clear how fragile our confidence is. Mourinho attacking players and dividing them is counter productive. Sure demand everything, push them to be better, but don’t shi1 on people. Aurier has shown he can play let’s hope Mourinho didn’t grow him under the bus. He needs to foster some togetherness and uncover some confidence in the side.

Ultimately I find Mourinho too negative. But I respect his defensive approach. He just needs to pair it with some greater attacking coaching. With the players Levy likes to buy, we need a coach who can bolster younger players and bring them through.

here’s the thing. If the defensive aspect of the squad is weak, relying on it does not make sense. Defending as deeply as we do - a classic Jose tactic - increases chances for the opponent. When they don’t take those chances, like Emirates Marketing Project at home, and we do, we win. But we have seen that doesn’t work enough.

with regard to “bolster and repair the team”, Jose has so much history of causing conflict and ill feeling. Hence most of his sackings. And Jose is one of the all-time sh1tters on people, whether they be players or even medical staff.

Sadly for us, the things we need in a manager - both personal (see above) and professional (see, read and hear all those in the game who say that his 'tactics' are ancient), don't exist in jose. What does exist is a vast presence, and an ability to make news (which is probably one of the reason Mr. Levy loves him). I'd like him out of here pronto.

here’s the thing. If the defensive aspect of the squad is weak, relying on it does not make sense. Defending as deeply as we do - a classic Jose tactic - increases chances for the opponent. When they don’t take those chances, like Emirates Marketing Project at home, and we do, we win. But we have seen that doesn’t work enough.

with regard to “bolster and repair the team”, Jose has so much history of causing conflict and ill feeling. Hence most of his sackings. And Jose is one of the all-time sh1tters on people, whether they be players or even medical staff.

Sadly for us, the things we need in a manager - both personal (see above) and professional (see, read and hear all those in the game who say that his 'tactics' are ancient), don't exist in jose. What does exist is a vast presence, and an ability to make news (which is probably one of the reason Mr. Levy loves him). I'd like him out of here pronto.

Is there anything in his career that someone can point to that shows he has managed to turn around a similar situation to where we are now?

Well past a year in charge and things regressing on the pitch, I'd take some comfort if i knew he has steered a club through something similar before, because in my mind when things turn for him it tends to get ugly

Is there anything in his career that someone can point to that shows he has managed to turn around a similar situation to where we are now?

Well past a year in charge and things regressing on the pitch, I'd take some comfort if i knew he has steered a club through something similar before, because in my mind when things turn for him it tends to get ugly
He improved real
But it’s nothing like this at all

But were they floundering after this amount of time? Isn't it usually he goes in, kicks on has a couple of good years then things go south and he scarpers?
Yup. We got year 3 Jose after a few months. The game has moved on. J Wilson on the Guardian Pod was talking about how teams like Villa and Southampton are well drilled and coached, and that Jose doesn't do that. And this is a season where a coach needs to evolve due to COVID congestion. Jose doesn't have that in his narcissistic locker as he can't be wrong. Which brought him loads of success in his prime.

Sorry, but you're asking a leopard to change its spots - asking him to pairing defensive work with 'greater attacking coaching'. He isnt going to change his ways at 58

Also, attacking players - he's done everywhere. He did it with that Chelsea doctor. Again, he isnt going to change that.

Similarly with young players. Crapping on people when they make mistakes isnt the way to bring players through

And his football is painful, embarrassing. Villa are better than us and more exciting than us, Leicester are too, Everton are a similar level. His football is toxic for our brand, reputation and image - Levy will care about that when he still needs to get naming-rights agreed for the stadium!

We're going backwards fast, and need a new manager asap

Back