• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

He does like his signings. And if there's money to be spent that can strengthen the team he will spend it, like most managers.

He's often spent his money very well though. And he's shown that he doesn't need to spend huge money to find players that works well in his system, his team.

It's not surprising that he looks on course to do just that here.

I think Jose wants players to do very specific things, and isn't a huge fan of "converting/adapting" a player.

He sees a need, documents it (lots of feedback that he gives the club/board weekly updates on team), and requests particular players/roles. What he has shown is those players don't need to be a brand name or expensive, just fit his requirement (hence he wanted Toby at United). The club has responded and we look so much more balanced and up for it than I've seen in about 2 years.

I always wanted Jose to succeed (i have close friends who are Man U who are still gutted he left them). But was always wary and as @thfcsteff pointed out, this was very dependent on Levy delivering.

It's hard to explain, i think there's been times certainly last season and of course Everton where i was deeply worried the players weren't playing for him. It just felt really uneasy. But this last week, whether it's Jose mind games or something else, the us against them mentality, i'm loving it, and the players look really united all of a sudden.

This could be a great season for us. Have we only lost once in the last 14? Something like that. I thought we might get lucky against Chelsea (still wonder if Lamela was offside for his goal), as we were due some luck against them, and thought we would win yesterday. Being Spurs fans we will be nervous all the way, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were 2nd or 3rd at Xmas...

I always wanted Jose to succeed (i have close friends who are Man U who are still gutted he left them). But was always wary and as @thfcsteff pointed out, this was very dependent on Levy delivering.

It's hard to explain, i think there's been times certainly last season and of course Everton where i was deeply worried the players weren't playing for him. It just felt really uneasy. But this last week, whether it's Jose mind games or something else, the us against them meteorology, i'm loving it, and the players look really united all of a sudden.

We were in a rut .. for 18 months, something you could see in players like Rose and Eriksen

Whatever Jose has done, it seems we have managed to shake it off, we are back to feeling good/positive while at the same time, holding ourselves more accountable (the amount of times I see players talking/pointing/giving instructions is noticeably more than in the past)

Add the obvious increase in competition for places, we just look a different side.

This could be a great season for us. Have we only lost once in the last 14? Something like that. I thought we might get lucky against Chelsea (still wonder if Lamela was offside for his goal), as we were due some luck against them, and thought we would win yesterday. Being Spurs fans we will be nervous all the way, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were 2nd or 3rd at Xmas...

Lamela was miles onside when the ball was played on Reguilon, we got lucky it just bounced and no one bothered to clear but there is a side on view and it was miles on.

I think Jose wants players to do very specific things, and isn't a huge fan of "converting/adapting" a player.

He sees a need, documents it (lots of feedback that he gives the club/board weekly updates on team), and requests particular players/roles. What he has shown is those players don't need to be a brand name or expensive, just fit his requirement (hence he wanted Toby at United). The club has responded and we look so much more balanced and up for it than I've seen in about 2 years.
I think that's true. I also think that's why he likes players like Lamela, Moura and Sissoko. As they are three players that can adapt/play different roles. Not perfectly, but they 100% listen to his instruction and give their absolute all when selected. Just that allows for some imperfection but they are bare minimum a nuisance and that can cover the cracks of injuries/suspensions.

It's hard to explain, i think there's been times certainly last season and of course Everton where i was deeply worried the players weren't playing for him. It just felt really uneasy. But this last week, whether it's Jose mind games or something else, the us against them meteorology, i'm loving it, and the players look really united all of a sudden.
It could also be there are a hell of a lot of players around waiting to take your place.

That’s true. And the whole concept of defending seems to be neglected entirely these days. That said, I’d rather we try and upgrade on what we have regardless of what our rivals have.
No one can disagree with that
But still we have conceded 3 penalties and 2 quality goals
It’s not all bad.

Sure someone called it shaking the apple tree hoping a good apple will drop ...
In our case I think it’s players like Ndombele turning corners metaphorically speaking
And signing players to cover every key gap in the team
When you have Tanguy making comments about fixing differences with the manager and a “problem player” (said in jest) like dele coming in and doing his best you know that everyone is pulling in the same direction
And now for me seeing certain players pull of out international duty to get fitter it’s pure Jose

Its still early days and there will be banana skins to come for sure, but we are already looking a much better team then we have done for a while. He is working his magic on the players and its been a while since i have seen the lot of them laughing and looking a close team again.

Its still early days and there will be banana skins to come for sure, but we are already looking a much better team then we have done for a while. He is working his magic on the players and its been a while since i have seen the lot of them laughing and looking a close team again.

This stretches throughout the club. Bale signing was transformative in so many ways, on and off the pitch. Even our social media dept is having fun...some of the recent things they've put out have been superb.

Main thing is the handshakes seem to be back. Since we stopped doing them we have been brick, the handshakes are vital.

I noticed that too. And the smiles are back!

The other key point for me is that Kane and Son are now playing as a pair and looking to create for each other. Previously, I had thought they were both overly selfish and to me it looked like they didn't really get on ( I even pointed out that they only perfunctorily celebrated each other's goals). Now we seem to have a real partnership going - and both are genuinely happy for the other . Long may it continue.

I noticed that too. And the smiles are back!

The other key point for me is that Kane and Son are now playing as a pair and looking to create for each other. Previously, I had thought they were both overly selfish and to me it looked like they didn't really get on ( I even pointed out that they only perfunctorily celebrated each other's goals). Now we seem to have a real partnership going - and both are genuinely happy for the other . Long may it continue.

Absolutely. Their work together has been sensational.

Smiles, togetherness, belief.

Competition for places, but not just on paper. The knowledge that Mourinho will drop you, Mourinho will put you in, depending on performances, work rate, discipline, training. Of course that won't be the only thing guiding the decisions on who plays, but the players know. And they're responding well.

The completion for places is something we really missed as Poch’s team evolved and we have made great strides to increase the wage budget post the stadium build to enable this.
The Europa has now become important as it would have been very difficult to manage a squad this size without the extra games to give players minutes and keep them sharp. Maybe that’s why Jose was celebrating the Palace result.

Smiles, togetherness, belief.

Competition for places, but not just on paper. The knowledge that Mourinho will drop you, Mourinho will put you in, depending on performances, work rate, discipline, training. Of course that won't be the only thing guiding the decisions on who plays, but the players know. And they're responding well.
They call it a football Meritocracy on this weeks athletic podcast
Can’t say I can disagree TBF
Aurier being a good example of a player getting the next game on merit
With the volume of games we have that can only be a good thing
But to now have 2 genuine options for every positions I think it’s unique in comparison to everyone else.

My Everton supporting mates think their squad is strong even after letting Walcott go but the cover they have for DCL is Tosan or moving someone else out of position like Richarlson which is exactly what we used to do

we know it’s gonna be a long season in number of games if not time. So we’re now arguably the best shocked we have been that I can remember

Back