• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Maybe the players aren't doing as told.

They've been doing that brick for over a year now - we're marginally better since he got here.
It looked as though they weren't doing as they were told for the last 10 minutes of the 90 last night.... and wasn't it great to watch?

It looked to me as though we had an initial bounce when Jose came in and now look no better than we did at the start of the season under Poch.

When it's season over after we go out of the CL in Leipzig next week that will surely be the earliest our season has been done since GHod knows when?

It’s mental really
When we attack we look good
We carved them open and should have done better with the chances
When we sit in.... we look nervous and erratic and like wee waiting to concede
The brick or bust tactics that worked when he joined could easily work now

Look at the players on the pitch At that point and then from the start - answers your question really

hopefully we can use burnley to bookend this horrible run, last time we went there we were joint favourites for the league, then Poch went nuts and everything went to brick

It looked as though they weren't doing as they were told for the last 10 minutes of the 90 last night.... and wasn't it great to watch?

It looked to me as though we had an initial bounce when Jose came in and now look no better than we did at the start of the season under Poch.

When it's season over after we go out of the CL in Leipzig next week that will surely be the earliest our season has been done since GHod knows when?
Yep, despite all his good early work Poch really fudged us.

It'll take a while even for someone as good as Mourinho to fix that brick.

I still believe we need a summer window and pre season before we can judge Mourinho’s impact and suitability for us.
The tactics of letting the opponents have the ball and look to counter are hindered by the loss of our two best goal scorers. Even then we have still managed to get ahead and score goals in many of the games he has overseen.

What I am surprised about is our inability to keep a clean sheet under him. The last two games which remain fresh in my mind I don’t remember the keeper making many saves and it feels like we concede every chance we give up. Yesterday when we did click going forwards there was a lack of a decisive final ball or shot, quite a few occasions people trying to slip someone else in in the penalty area rather than taking responsibility themselves. Kane and Son would help negate this which I turn my paper over the lack of clean sheets, but defensively my only hope is that an influx of a player for each position plus the continued emergence of Tanganga will make the difference.

It feels like other than Aurier(!)Jose does not have a clue what his best back line is. Then choosing a third different keeper causes further inconsistency and really is a baffling choice.
My other concern is the nature of players seems to be they drop off even further if they are out of contention for a prize (including European qualification in this), think we’ll see it with Liverpool once they seal the title as the unbeaten record has gone, City will be all in for the CL and once fourth is out of sight and if don’t start getting results soon we could end up finishing mid table below the Goons.

fitness is a huge part of it, confidence too
The teams that are excelling this year are teams that have a settled way of playing, a generally consistent line up and a clear strategy
The teams with arguably better players but failing (us, United, Arsenal, Everton) are all trying to change tact mid season with various levels of the above in a broken state
Having the balance and structure right in a team can make average players look great as they know their job and that’s 100% coaching and discipline

Look at the players on the pitch At that point and then from the start - answers your question really
We started the game attacking
We score and then just stop
We only come alive when we concede and throw the full backs forward... we look good then
It’s odd tactics and it ties in with his claims about tiredness etc... but that game was lost again because of an individual error!!!! It’s appalling how often that happens.

You watched the first leg? Either their players are far far better than ours or it’s a coaching thing.
What managers do at other teams has no bearing on how they perform at Spurs. We have appointed plenty of managers who have looked great at other clubs, who have failed spectacularly at Spurs. We seem to have a very unique ability to turn managers to brick. I would prefer a manager with more experience than Nagelsmann to deal with the specific demands and constraints at Spurs.

It's now very clear that Jose really is yesterday's man and a has-been. Even his old defensive tactics aren't working.
Does that make Poch a yesterday's man and a has-been as well?
Ironically it was probably us that killed him about 5 years ago on that new years day match - he's simply been on a downward trend coaching wise ever since.
A downward trend that included a League and Europa double with a team arguably as brick as this one?
He is now a man of excuses, so fits in right now given we as a club are now one of excuses.
Fits our poor excuse of a fan base too.

Yep, despite all his good early work Poch really fudged us.

It'll take a while even for someone as good as Mourinho to fix that brick.
Or he pushed a squad to its physical limits to achieve the success he did within the constraints put on him. Success that you and @galeforce believe should be a given.

We can only fairly judge Poch's leagacy when another coach comes in achieves the same or more success and leaves the squad in a better state.

Or he pushed a squad to its physical limits to achieve the success he did within the constraints put on him. Success that you and @galeforce believe should be a given.

We can only fairly judge Poch's leagacy when another coach comes in achieves the same or more success and leaves the squad in a better state.
Mourinho's already doing better with what Poch left us with.

Mourinho's already doing better with what Poch left us with.
So what? Mourinho is hardly pulling up trees. I have always liked Mourinho and I want us to support him. But not every poor performance is solely down to the "legacy Poch left us. " Some are of his making.

Reactions: DTA
We're playing poorly but we need a summer really to re-shape the squad and sort out the defence. Jose needs a good defence and we just don't have the players for it, 2 new FB's are urgently required to give us some width and pace.

Also we are missing our 2 best players, any team would struggle without their 2 best players.

Back