• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

John Stones

I think 30m would be a good price for Chelsea. If they keep him for 10 years thats 3m a season bargain!

Kane, Stones and Jenkinson looked different class to the rest of the England U21's this summer, I can see this happening and Chelsea having a perfect replacement for that lady garden John Terry

£30m would be madness. He's worth closer to half that

Interesting, so £30m sounds reasonable for Stones, yet people on here think Benteke is overpriced at £32.5m even though he has scored 79 goals in 51 matches. Like I said interesting.

how many??

Interesting, so £30m sounds reasonable for Stones, yet people on here think Benteke is overpriced at £32.5m even though he has scored 79 goals in 51 matches. Like I said interesting.

Cant comment on the goal sum but you cud also add that Benteke is a proven international too who plays in a premium position

I think Benteke is reasonable at £32.5m, never said otherwise myself. Averages a goal every other game, just wouldnt be out no.1 striker and seems to think he will be ahead of Ings and Sturridge at Liverpool? We would never pay that money, Liverpool continue to pay big money because in their head only they are still a big club, they have delusions of grandeur or the footballing equivalent of penis envy.

On a serious note...

Dier has shown flexibility in his ply by playing right back

A great attitude IMO by pulling out of he under 21s once to focus on getting his game better

A good passing range and an eye for goal (looking at his assist an goal return last season)

Yes he did make mistakes and arguably doesn't have huge physical presence but he is till physically maturing you would argue

What has Stones shown that Dier hasn't and vice versa?

On a serious note...

Dier has shown flexibility in his ply by playing right back

A great attitude IMO by pulling out of he under 21s once to focus on getting his game better

A good passing range and an eye for goal (looking at his assist an goal return last season)

Yes he did make mistakes and arguably doesn't have huge physical presence but he is till physically maturing you would argue

What has Stones shown that Dier hasn't and vice versa?

Football is all about opinions, if I had the choice of either Stones or Dier it would be Stones all day long. The fact that Southgate picked him ahead of Dier for the Euro's and the fact Chelsea are making a bid for Stones I think backs my argument that he's a better player (again all about opinions).

FOR ME Stones is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and would suit partnering Cahill in defence. Cahill being the hard man, Stones being the one to bring the ball out of defence.

On your point on the previous page I know Stones only played 1 game at the Euro's but he looked a different class to Moore and Gibson.

Only time will tell who has the better career

Football is all about opinions, if I had the choice of either Stones or Dier it would be Stones all day long. The fact that Southgate picked him ahead of Dier for the Euro's and the fact Chelsea are making a bid for Stones I think backs my argument that he's a better player (again all about opinions).

FOR ME Stones is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and would suit partnering Cahill in defence. Cahill being the hard man, Stones being the one to bring the ball out of defence.

On your point on the previous page I know Stones only played 1 game at the Euro's but he looked a different class to Moore and Gibson.

Fair comments although I would add that Moore and Gibson were the worse centre backs I've seen in along time in any England side

I disagree regarding the fact Chelsea are rumoured to be willing to pay that amount... There an oil club with money to burn literally so what they would pay and what market value is are miles apart.

Southgate picked him as he played most of the qualifiers and he wasn't happy with dier pulling out earlier in the season. Really bad call watching the games but it was his call.

Let's see how be does this season as I don't think he will be sold

Just another example of a overhyped English player ' (who may go on and prove it) but may turn out to be not as good as the hype. It happens a lot with English players and the media.

Indeed, people for get Anthony Gardner and Ledley King are the same age, in the early days at just 20 Gardner looked like he had something there, just like Ledley

Also, last season the press had a hard on for Caluum Chambers and we were told that Chambers was the future. Every other day it was Chambers this and Chambers that, now not so much. :D

IMO stones def worth it .. If people could wind back clock would they have liked Spurs to have bid 15m for Rio when at West Ham ?? Stones going same way .. So composed tall fast great reader of game . Huge potential .. And in terms of been English in terms of home grown and all that another added advantage .. I'm just hoping Spurs get 4th at least this season coming and get bale and stones next summer lol... I know ... I know ...

IMO stones def worth it .. If people could wind back clock would they have liked Spurs to have bid 15m for Rio when at West Ham ?? Stones going same way .. So composed tall fast great reader of game . Huge potential .. And in terms of been English in terms of home grown and all that another added advantage .. I'm just hoping Spurs get 4th at least this season coming and get bale and stones next summer lol... I know ... I know ...

What doesn't Dier have on that list?

What doesn't Dier have on that list?
Not comparing and contrasting... dier is a fine young player as well but I'd still be trying to sign stones but he will go to the money .. We had our chance when he left Barnsley and he choose Everton so our chance has gone in that respect .. If u asking me difference I think stones more accomplished on ball and quicker I think

I'll repeat what I said when chich was banging the drum for Charlton's Gomez prior to his Liverpool move: we don't need another young centre back.

We already have two young centre backs in the first team squad - Dier and Wimmer - and we have two outstanding prospects in Veljkovic and 2CV coming up through the ranks. I am convinced that neither of the latter two would let us down if called upon this season. And they could both grow to be every bit as good as, or even better than, Stones.

We can't stockpile players. And we mustn't block the path to the first team for our highly promising youth graduates. We aren't Chelsea.

So regardless that Stones is a very good young player, we don't need him. We have other priorities.

(Not that there is a hope in hell that we could sign him even if we wanted to)

Back