• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

John Stones

Outcome the reason that Dier isn't in the u21 squad is that Southgate is sticking with the players that got them qualified. In a way that seems fair enough to me!

Outcome the reason that Dier isn't in the u21 squad is that Southgate is sticking with the players that got them qualified. In a way that seems fair enough to me!

But he did help them qualify, he played 9 times in their qualification campaign including the crucial playoffs against Croatia that actually got England to the tournament.

I think his comment about not playing right back haven't helped

I also think Southgate has his favourites as every manager does

How Keane gets in though from Burnley over the likes of Dier though...

Chelsea have had a £20m bid rejected, apparently are going to go back in with £26m and the offer of the no.6 shirt, Everton want £30m+ according to the Mail.

Chelsea have had a £20m bid rejected, apparently are going to go back in with £26m and the offer of the no.6 shirt, Everton want £30m+ according to the Mail.

I think 30m would be a good price for Chelsea. If they keep him for 10 years thats 3m a season bargain!

Kane, Stones and Jenkinson looked different class to the rest of the England U21's this summer, I can see this happening and Chelsea having a perfect replacement for that lady garden John Terry

Is it an example of them snapping up a future Terry or is it just an case of he is one of the few young english centre halves?

But yes you cant really argue at £30m in the current market.

I think 30m would be a good price for Chelsea. If they keep him for 10 years thats 3m a season bargain!

Kane, Stones and Jenkinson looked different class to the rest of the England U21's this summer, I can see this happening and Chelsea having a perfect replacement for that lady garden John Terry

With all due respect he played ONE game at the Euros due to his head injury

He is being hyped up as he is a young english centre half.

I honestly dont think he has shown much or any more than Dier. He was culpable for a few goals last season

Your buying potential but that dissent mean it will ever be achieved

With all due respect he played ONE game at the Euros due to his head injury

He is being hyped up as he is a young english centre half.

I honestly dont think he has shown much or any more than Dier. He was culpable for a few goals last season

Your buying potential but that dissent mean it will ever be achieved

He was really poor in that one game, too. I do think he's a very good prospect in general, though I don't really see why Dier gets so little hype by comparison.

If they sell Stones, they certainly won't sell McCarthy afterwards. If we're interested in him, then I sense that Levy might be about to orchestrate another Schneiderlin-esque farce soon. :p

wow then in Dier we have a 25 mill centre half too.........the transfer market is nuts.

If they sell Stones, they certainly won't sell McCarthy afterwards. If we're interested in him, then I sense that Levy might be about to orchestrate another Schneiderlin-esque farce soon. :p

if they want 30 mill for Stones then they wont even listen to any offer for McCarthy unless its around 40 mill :eek:

Utd got a bargain in Schneiderlin, absolute steal

if they want 30 mill for Stones then they wont even listen to any offer for McCarthy unless its around 40 mill :eek:

Utd got a bargain in Schneiderlin, absolute steal

They paid the market rate. The rate is dictated by what someone will pay and what someone will sell at

They would bite anyone stand off for 330m for a very unproven player, most sides would.

Dier has now proved himself to be a genuine prospect in this league. He is a cultured footballer and plays centre back regularly for the team that comfortably beat Stones team twice with them hardly mustering a shot!!! Just saying :)

I think Stones could potentially become a great player but lets not do our own player a disservice

They paid the market rate. The rate is dictated by what someone will pay and what someone will sell at

They would bite anyone stand off for 330m for a very unproven player, most sides would.

Dier has now proved himself to be a genuine prospect in this league. He is a cultured footballer and plays centre back regularly for the team that comfortably beat Stones team twice with them hardly mustering a shot!!! Just saying :)

I think Stones could potentially become a great player but lets not do our own player a disservice
Goes without saying really.

Not saying we are buying him but he is a player I would love to see in our colours this summer. Looks to be the next really good English defender come through and think he has the leadership qualities we lack. The next Terry but for Englands sake I hope without the clamy side of him.

Would probably cost a lot but worth it if you ask me.

Bearing in mind we have already have Verts, Toby, Dier And Wimmer is he really necessary? Would not another centre back block the path of talented Milos and CCV who excelled at the under 20 World Cup last month

I could easily see Cameron Carter-Vickers starting in this league before he is 20, if not for us then hopefully out on loan earning good expereince

Is it an example of them snapping up a future Terry or is it just an case of he is one of the few young english centre halves?

But yes you cant really argue at £30m in the current market.

Interesting, so £30m sounds reasonable for Stones, yet people on here think Benteke is overpriced at £32.5m even though he has scored 79 goals in 51 matches. Like I said interesting.

He was really poor in that one game, too. I do think he's a very good prospect in general, though I don't really see why Dier gets so little hype by comparison.

Because he isn't hyped up by our own fans let alone others... hype goes a long way

Back