• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Hart

We drew 3-3 against LASK because of him. I'm sure there's a tiny win bonus even in the EL.

Edit: €570,000 for a win and €190,000 for a draw. So €380,000 just there.

Yep, but if we had gone for a good level HG qualified GK last season, it would probably have been £8-15M buy price, plus at least 50-60K wages.

We are still way ahead in the game on Hart, no spin can make that a loss for us.

As I said above, always was just a stop gap.

We could have plucked an English national from the academy if the only issue was the HG quota - with your reserve goalie though you need someone who might be able to step in if required and I'dhave had more faith in the academy player than i would Hart- luckily Lloris never missed a game we needed him for so it's all moot

I would've gone for Jordan Archer instead if I were in charge at Spurs (as he would also have counted as home grown as well as association trained) but Hart was a sensible signing and I can see Mourinho's point about wanting to have more players in the dressing room with the experience of winning things. It gave us another spot for an overseas player and also allowed Whiteman another year to develop out of the spotlight.

He was about the same level of keeper as Gazzaniga (who I always thought was pretty dreadful) and probably cost us less wages than Gazzaniga so the signing made complete sense at the time and can't be considered to be an unsuccessful one I don't think.

You know, thinking about, him and Bale were two different but related sides of the same phenomenon. Both were players I would have loved to have in the same side in 2011 and 2012, but when they did finally come together in 2020, it was all a bit...meh. :p

Still, at least he helped solve our HG woes for a year and was an important part of one of the worst defeats and worst nights in our entire history, bar none. So, he's written his name in Spurs folklore for that at least. :p

You know, thinking about, him and Bale were two different but related sides of the same phenomenon. Both were players I would have loved to have in the same side in 2011 and 2012, but when they did finally come together in 2020, it was all a bit...meh. :p

Still, at least he helped solve our HG woes for a year and was an important part of one of the worst defeats and worst nights in our entire history, bar none. So, he's written his name in Spurs folklore for that at least. :p

Hart didn't play in the game that knocked us out of the EL iirc (if that's the one you're referring to)

Hart didn't play in the game that knocked us out of the EL iirc (if that's the one you're referring to)

It was, but that seems impossible - to my mind, he basically did nothing for six EL games and then did nothing as we shipped 3 to that goddamn Dinamo Zagreb side.

He really didn't play, eh? Huh. So, not an outright flop, just a bit of a non-entity. :p

Honestly, maybe the guy is some kind of lightning rod for criticism due to his past, but he always seemed like a professional while he was with us. With that said, best of luck to him in the future.

In his day he was a good keeper, I understand some people dislike certain players but hopefully the recent police action will reduce the number of keyboard warriors who dominate football sites.

Back