• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Hart

Hart was probably on the same wages here. Anyone hazard a guess as to the wages we've saved from our recent fire sale?

Hart Toby Lamela Rose Foyth
15k + 130 + 70 + 70 + 30 = around £315,000 a week or £16m a year.

That probably excludes quite hefty bonuses too.

Bale

It really wasn't nonsensical.

We had 3 overseas keepers taking up non HG squad places.

He was fudging awful. I would hope we could've found a way to remedy that situation without signing Joker Joe. You're not suggesting this was the only way around the issue are you?

I admit that my dislike of him in all senses has certainly contributed to any lack of rationality you might be experiencing with said-post! :D
But there has to have been another way around the issue you state.

He was fudging awful. I would hope we could've found a way to remedy that situation without signing Joker Joe. You're not suggesting this was the only way around the issue are you?

Dunno who else was out there and within our budget

He didnt play a meaningful game, I am not sure why there is rage over him

All my 50 odd years i don't remember Celtic ever having a good keeper.
So no change there.
When i look across the city at thier rivals the chasm in quality and bedrock of the teams built on quality keepers it really is mystifying.
Goram, klos, charbonnier and woods were all head and shoulders (sorry) above anyone celtic have had.

All my 50 odd years i don't remember Celtic ever having a good keeper.
So no change there.
When i look across the city at thier rivals the chasm in quality and bedrock of the teams built on quality keepers it really is mystifying.
Goram, klos, charbonnier and woods were all head and shoulders (sorry) above anyone celtic have had.

Bonner was alright wasn't he?

That would add around 200k or 10m a year. Though Bale was only a loan.

Got to say Hart has been amazing for us. Helped with the HG quota. Was supportive of the younger players and team, and we made a cool mil out of him. Amazing.

He also appeared in several cup games and cost us goals. It probably didn't matter as he didn't get us knocked out, but we still had to endure him playing for us.

He also appeared in several cup games and cost us goals. It probably didn't matter as he didn't get us knocked out, but we still had to endure him playing for us.
He must have one for the highest goals conceded to shots faced record of all time in his stint here. And was very lucky not be embarrassed by a long shot at Marine.
Fair play to him though, he keeps getting offered contracts based on what he achieved 5-10 years ago.

He must have one for the highest goals conceded to shots faced record of all time in his stint here. And was very lucky not be embarrassed by a long shot at Marine.
Fair play to him though, he keeps getting offered contracts based on what city achieved 5-10 years ago.

Ftfy

We didn't lose a game he played in is that correct? He cost us nothing, and we sold him for a million. What is not to like?

Hart was a punt

- We needed to solve a HG issue in the squad
- He was free and expected very low wages (15-25K reported)
- His experience and attitude could potentially be benefit to squad
- There was an off chance he might find his form again and be a genuine #2

Stop gap measure that cost the club nothing, last part didn't pan out but if we have moved him on for actual money, thanks and good luck Joe ..

We didn't lose a game he played in is that correct? He cost us nothing, and we sold him for a million. What is not to like?

We drew 3-3 against LASK because of him. I'm sure there's a tiny win bonus even in the EL.

Edit: €570,000 for a win and €190,000 for a draw. So €380,000 just there.

Back