• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jehovah's Witnesses try to murder their own son

They are not potential murderers, they are worried sick desperate parents.

This I suspect is the real story/motivator here. It's all too easy to judge the parents' actions here as those of religious cranks simply on account of them being JWs. Lazy reporting and generalisations, where the full facts have not yet been established. If you put yourself in the shoes of the parents, having had to live through every second of their young son's near intolerable existence, then I think Stufat's assessment is a far more reasonable hypothesis of their likely state of mind and intentions.

That's not to necessarily say that the parents' actions weren't reckless, but labelling them murderers (or attempted murderers), is rather extreme to say the least.

Mate, firstly, the retread smiley comment, don't be such a prick!!

Secondly, you seem to be convinced in your own argument here, your not listening to anyone else. This is nothing to do with religion, they happen to be jw's, that's all.
Not every treatment is approved or tested in every country, there is no reason why a treatment that has been approved elsewhere but not given the time here won't work.
As I said earlier, my son is on an epilepsy medicine that contains it well. This tablet is not available in the states as they have other tablets they believe work better. Friends of mine who have kids with epilepsy in the states have tried everything and nothing works, they are desperate for the tablets we have here. They even drive to Canada to obtain the medicine illegally.

There are always 2 sides to a story, please try and realise that.
From what I've read there kid has a massive brain tumour which has been cut out. The doctors are unwilling to try any new treatments and they would like to try them. They feel like there banging there heads against a wall,and getting nowhere.

They are not potential murderers, they are worried sick desperate parents.

This case is very different. The experts have already told the parents (as they've admitted) that the treatment they claim they're looking for will not help, that it will do nothing for their child that cannot be done in the UK.

Regarding your last paragraph, being the latter does not preclude the former.

This I suspect is the real story/motivator here. It's all too easy to judge the parents' actions here as those of religious cranks simply on account of them being JWs. Lazy reporting and generalisations, where the full facts have not yet been established. If you put yourself in the shoes of the parents, having had to live through every second of their young son's near intolerable existence, then I think Stufat's assessment is a far more reasonable hypothesis of their likely state of mind and intentions.

That's not to necessarily say that the parents' actions weren't reckless, but labelling them murderers (or attempted murderers), is rather extreme to say the least.
If a medical expert tells me that taking a certain action is very likely to kill another person and I take that action it makes me a murderer (or attempted) regardless of my intentions.

I hope that at the very least our justice system is able to take their children away and prevent any further risk/damage being caused.

If a medical expert tells me that taking a certain action is very likely to kill another person and I take that action it makes me a murderer (or attempted) regardless of my intentions.

I hope that at the very least our justice system is able to take their children away and prevent any further risk/damage being caused.

Tripe. Like Roy said, we don't know the full facts. What if another expert has provided a differing opinion in Spain? We just don't have enough data to make a decision that they have attempted a murder on their child for starters. An example of why jumping to conclusions is a very dangerous thing to do.

Tripe. Like Roy said, we don't know the full facts. What if another expert has provided a differing opinion in Spain? We just don't have enough data to make a decision that they have attempted a murder on their child for starters. An example of why jumping to conclusions is a very dangerous thing to do.
The treatment they claim to be seeking (remember, we only have their word and that of the JW PR branch on that front) has been suggested by an expert to be no more effective in this scenario. The only person who has contradicted that opinion is the man taking excessive risk with his own child's life.

That's not jumping to conclusions, that's taking expert opinion over that of a layman - based on the one other fact we know about him a fvcking idiot too. Until or unless a number of experts contradict those at Southampton General, it would be utterly ludicrous to suggest anything different.

All of that, of course, is if we take the word of the sandal wearers PR team and a parent trying to stay out of jail.

Did they not endanger the child when removing him from the hospital where he was under constant medical care and was getting nutrients though a feeding system?

Surely there's a reason the child was at the hospital in the first place and not at home being cared for by the parents?

Edit: To illustrate my point. What would the reaction have been if it was found out that when looking to transport a child in this condition this distance a hospital had handed a child over to unqualified people without any oversight over the equipment they brought or the training of those people with the relevant equipment? I'm guessing it wouldn't have been "oh, the child is happy, they did nothing wrong".

Last edited:
There was a great guy on 5 live this morning, a expert in child cancers he was saying that this happens all the time. Basically it was a break down in relationship between the medical team and the parents and in these cases usually a new medical team takes over but in this case it went beyond repair. He was saying that from the evidence he sees is that they did not endanger the child at all and often children in worse condition that that child's will and do get taken out for whole weekends even with feeding devices.

The media blew this up to a giant **** storm which the public seems to have bought into.

There was a great guy on 5 live this morning, a expert in child cancers he was saying that this happens all the time. Basically it was a break down in relationship between the medical team and the parents and in these cases usually a new medical team takes over but in this case it went beyond repair. He was saying that from the evidence he sees is that they did not endanger the child at all and often children in worse condition that that child's will and do get taken out for whole weekends even with feeding devices.

The media blew this up to a giant **** storm which the public seems to have bought into.

This sounds about right, I think some people want to blame religion for these peoples actions, my point isthat it wasn't religion, they did it (rightly or wrongly) with the best interests of their child at heart but not for Gods sake.

[video=youtube;HjNUJzcQfy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjNUJzcQfy0&list=UUfEZ73970aS121NTvh8INGQ[/video]

Just for a reference :-

[video=youtube;vYSKyY12LEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYSKyY12LEg&list=UUfEZ73970aS121NTvh8INGQ[/video]

Ashya King's parents to face no action, says CPS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29036154

"The parents of Ashya King will face no further action and should be reunited with their son, say prosecutors.

The Crown Prosecution Service has withdrawn a European arrest warrant enabling Spanish police to detain Brett and Naghemeh King.

Prime Minister David Cameron welcomed the moves to reunite the family.

Mr and Mrs King were arrested in Spain on Saturday, after taking their son out of hospital in Southampton last week against medical advice.

A CPS spokesman said it had "urgently reviewed the case" and found "insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction for any criminal offence".

"We have therefore decided to stop the criminal proceedings," he added.

In a tweet, Mr Cameron said: "I welcome the prosecution against #AshyaKing's parents being dropped"

Last edited:
This sounds about right, I think some people want to blame religion for these peoples actions, my point isthat it wasn't religion, they did it (rightly or wrongly) with the best interests of their child at heart but not for Gods sake.

You don't think the fact that they belong to a religion that regularly lets their members die rather than accept help from medical professionals has a bearing on the esteem in which they hold doctors? They're told that Santa knows better than doctors, so of course they won't listen when professional advice is given to them.

**SNIPPED propaganda**

Ashya King's parents to face no action, says CPS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29036154

"The parents of Ashya King will face no further action and should be reunited with their son, say prosecutors.

The Crown Prosecution Service has withdrawn a European arrest warrant enabling Spanish police to detain Brett and Naghemeh King.

Prime Minister David Cameron welcomed the moves to reunite the family.

Mr and Mrs King were arrested in Spain on Saturday, after taking their son out of hospital in Southampton last week against medical advice.

A CPS spokesman said it had "urgently reviewed the case" and found "insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction for any criminal offence".

"We have therefore decided to stop the criminal proceedings," he added.

In a tweet, Mr Cameron said: "I welcome the prosecution against #AshyaKing's parents being dropped"

I knew the CPS would bottle it, but I at least expected some kind of reckless endangerment charge.

I wonder what will happen to the next person who sacrifices their child because the tooth fairy told her to do it?

You don't think the fact that they belong to a religion that regularly lets their members die rather than accept help from medical professionals has a bearing on the esteem in which they hold doctors? They're told that Santa knows better than doctors, so of course they won't listen when professional advice is given to them.
The fact their aim is to get their son into the care of other medical professionals, where he can receive a treatment that other medical professionals say can work for the boy, and which should cause fewer side effects, would suggest they hold doctors in perfectly high esteem.

Ultimately
Lock this **** up. It's embarrassing.
this.

Scara, please stop your misguided venomous posts. This is nothing to do with religion and all to do with doing whatever it takes to save the lives of our children.

Only one crackpot in this thread.
The sort of ill-informed, dismissive opinion normally shat out by the likes of Clarkson

Some back pedaling going on now by the Police and CPS. An example of ar$e covering gone wrong.

Back