• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jehovah's Witnesses try to murder their own son

"The wisest people in the world, are those that admit when they are wrong"

"Nobody in history has every choked to death by swallowing his pride"

"Never be ashamed to admit you are wrong, it shows you are wiser today that you were yesterday"

"We all f u c k up. Life's a lot easier if we accept when we do"

Just saying :-"
If I were wrong you'd know about it.

It's an incredibly rare occurrence though. Hence the unflappable confidence.

Would you prefer a term such as "voluntary halfwit"?

I'm not singling anyone out, there are plenty of Allahtards, Lonotards, Shivatards, etc.

I'd prefer you didn't label anyone a 'tard' simply because of a choice of religion. It's a choice just as you seem to have chosen to be an atheist. Unless I'm missing something.

I'd prefer you didn't label anyone a 'tard' simply because of a choice of religion. It's a choice just as you seem to have chosen to be an atheist. Unless I'm missing something.
Well, religion requires faith which is the choice not to think. The end result of choosing not to use one's brain and being unable to is pretty similar. I think of all the things of which sandal wearers can be accused, being voluntarily stupid is among the better.

There's also this:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000238

I was brought up Christian. I don't practice it but I believe in GHod and the bible. Live and let live I say. Sorry for going OT.

you don't chose to be an athiest, that's the default state

some are lucky enough to get through life without having a doctrine forced upon us

I was brought up Christian. I don't practice it but I believe in GHod and the bible. Live and let live I say. Sorry for going OT.

It's far from OT - for me religion is the absolute point of this thread.

Have you ever wondered why so many religions insist on parents indoctrinating their kids from an early age like you were? (let's ignore the Catholic penchant for young boys for now). Why the catholic church in the UK uses their good schools to force parents and children into attendance from so young?

It's because the mind and the opinions contained in it are so malleable at a young age. It's very easy to convince a child that Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and a zombie hippy magician whose dad raped a virgin all exist. If there were a ban on teaching religion to all kids until the age of 18, what proportion do you think would listen to the stories and think "You know what, that all has a ring of truth to it"? In fact, to bring this even further back on-topic, what if religion had never existed and then all of a sudden someone told you that they were going to refuse blood transfusions because there's a man in the sky who says they're bad and he knows better than the doctors? How would you react to that person?

I suspect most religious types would be laughed out of the room.

Of course some adults are converted - the church is very good at preying upon the vulnerable and the needy. Alcoholics, drug addicts, those in extreme poverty, etc. They manage to conflate belief in GHod with the curing of their condition (step 2 of the 12 steps!) and then create the false link between continued faith and continued abstinence. The same goes for food banks/soup kitchens and prayers. I wonder how many of these people follow the logic that if GHod cured them, it must have been GHod that fvcked them in the first place.

you don't chose to be an athiest, that's the default state

some are lucky enough to get through life without having a doctrine forced upon us

Very lucky indeed. I had to come to term with the realisation that my parents and many other adults in whom I placed my trust were entirely wrong. It's not an easy thing to do.

that's the genius of it Scara, to prove your faith you have to toss logic out the window

they do a neater job with loose ends than Jimmy the gent

There is zero Proof. And I mean zero. That a deity (whatever you would call that deity(s)) doesn't exist. Atheists haven't come to their conclusion because of proof or a higher understanding, it's simple opinion based on incomplete and ever changing theories.

Choosing to attach yourself to a religion or not is about choice or opinions. One or both are not wrong. You do understand this yes?

Choosing to attach yourself to a religion or not is about choice or opinions. One or both are not wrong. You do understand this yes?

no, i don't understand that sentence at all

atheism isn't something you are, it's something you are not

If that's aimed at me, that's kind of what I'm saying, isn't it?

Edit, just realised it wasn't aimed at me, and I agree.

There is zero Proof. And I mean zero. That a deity (whatever you would call that deity(s)) doesn't exist. Atheists haven't come to their conclusion because of proof or a higher understanding, it's simple opinion based on incomplete and ever changing theories.

As you say its impossible to prove something doesn't exist, however if something does exist then it's therefore quite likely that you can provide evidence.

Last edited:

Well that's not true is it? because in Essence you just replaced an unproven belief in a deity with an unproven (and incomplete I may add) 'creation by minuscule chance' theory.

er yes, there was a typo in my original post, it should have said impossible to prove something doesn't exist

That was more in relation to the second part of your statement. To put it another way just because proof of something has not been discovered YET, does not mean that it does not exist and was not always there.. Ie the atom, and it's discovery.

Your choice to believe in GHod or not. Down to the individual. Neither choice should be mocked or individuals who do be called names like scara mentioned.

Back