• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

I'm with Roy on this one.

JR looks like
a skillful lower PL player to me.
I don't get what he gives us

Maybe he works well as a part of pochs team , maybe I'm just wrong, but I don't see it.

Can anyone tell me exactly what makes JR an upgrade on lamela/eriksen/holtby/Lennon?

I think he is better than Townsend but not the others

And isn't ceballos worth a go instead of 14m on JR?

( and anyone calling him jay rod needs a life ban)

Would you accept J-Rod?

I've never paid a lot of attention to him, but watching some of his work in that video above put me in mind somewhat of Keano.

Hay Rodriguez? (as in Hamez)
Or "Hey, Rodriguez" accompanied with many pointing fingers as we're surprised to see him warming up in an attempt to make yet another injury comeback.

Sorry to be negative, but he was out til Christmas last I heard, is signing a player who's already crocked a very good idea for Spurs, who have a terrible record with injuries to begin with? Is this Levy's attempt at Cellino algebra (already injured + Spurs medical record = never injured again)?

Or "Hey, Rodriguez" accompanied with many pointing fingers as we're surprised to see him warming up in an attempt to make yet another injury comeback.

Sorry to be negative, but he was out til Christmas last I heard, is signing a player who's already crocked a very good idea for Spurs, who have a terrible record with injuries to begin with? Is this Levy's attempt at Cellino algebra (already injured + Spurs medical record = never injured again)?

From Saints web (shamelessly nicked from TFC).

To be fair, Jay has fully recovered from his knee injury and was on course to return within 6-8 weeks - well ahead of schedule. He's been working building his strength and muscle around his knee. The knee injury it's self has gone.....so it's not like they're signing a crocked player, they're signing a player who isn't fully fit as yet. I just hope we haven't agreed to let him go at a knock down price for this. Should be £20m and no less.

I will miss Jay, regulars on here will know how much I wanted that signing to happen back in the day. Utter class act of a player who stepped up a level last year.

To be fair, Jay has fully recovered from his knee injury and was on course to return within 6-8 weeks - well ahead of schedule. He's been working building his strength and muscle around his knee. The knee injury it's self has gone.....so it's not like they're signing a crocked player, they're signing a player who isn't fully fit as yet. I just hope we haven't agreed to let him go at a knock down price for this. Should be £20m and no less.

I will miss Jay, regulars on here will know how much I wanted that signing to happen back in the day. Utter class act of a player who stepped up a level last year.

He's going to struggle to be fit for our games without a preseason. We've had this before with players who end up not settling in because they miss preseason.

Hopefully he'll be great forus but given our past I'm naturally skeptical about everyone and everything.

Hmm, I would suggest that a player hasn't fully recovered from any injury until they've played competitively again without it flaring up, but it sounds reasonably positive. I'd still be wary especially if we're spending big money.

Hmm, I would suggest that a player hasn't fully recovered from any injury until they've played competitively again without it flaring up, but it sounds reasonably positive. I'd still be wary especially if we're spending big money.

This, but its Levy and Saints really seem to be selling everyone including the tea lady without too much of a fight, so I'd be surprised if it's anything significant or without tons of clauses.

He hasn't looked as exciting to me as some other Southampton players whenever I've seen them this season, but he's clearly looked good.

15 goals in 30 league starts playing primarily on the flank under our manager in a system likely to be similar to what we will play under him in the same league. That's a positive sign for me.

Buy him in January if he's fit and we need him then.
I just don't see any point in taking a risk on an injured player. You never know whether they'll ever regain the level they had reached before.

I just don't see any point in taking a risk on an injured player. You never know whether they'll ever regain the level they had reached before.

Possible reasons to sign him now:

1. If he regains his form fully bigger clubs might come in and snap him up in front of us.

2. This might be a chance to pick him up cheaper knowing that Kat Liebherr is possibly looking to sell as many players as possible this summer combined with his injuries.

3. Having him around for the first half of the season might help us pick up another couple of points.

4. He's reportedly recovered quicker than previously thought so he might be closer to full fitness than previously thought.

You'd prefer 6 months of Chadli on the left, rather than moving on to other options (e.g. Kono or Depay)?

Back