• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

I would, whats wrong with Chadli? hardly had a chance has he?

Of all the new signings he has been afforded the biggest chances, to a point where Eriksen was being shifted out wide to accommodate for Chadli on a central role.

Whilst he still hasn't shown his full potential yet Id also say that he is the youngest of the last spending spree and could still develop significantly. Maybe good on Sherwood to let him have so much of a chance to learn last year

Of all the new signings he has been afforded the biggest chances, to a point where Eriksen was being shifted out wide to accommodate for Chadli on a central role.

Whilst he still hasn't shown his full potential yet Id also say that he is the youngest of the last spending spree and could still develop significantly. Maybe good on Sherwood to let him have so much of a chance to learn last year

I cant imagine him being deployed centrally going forward, I think he'll be a wing forward. I'd say he showed enough flashes of quality to be given opportunities this season....

what about Viktor Fischer from Ajax for the LWF position? Has talent, is out of form but that might make him cheap.....if we dont get Rodriguez this kid could be a decent alternative

what about Viktor Fischer from Ajax for the LWF position? Has talent, is out of form but that might make him cheap.....if we dont get Rodriguez this kid could be a decent alternative

Most posters accept that this will be - yet again - a transition season; new coach, new ideas. Therefore does it not make sense to try to use the players we have, especially when practically none of them got a decent crack last year?

Any player we bring in should be an upgrade on what last year's players can potentially achieve - not just bringing in a new player for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Most posters accept that this will be - yet again - a transition season; new coach, new ideas. Therefore does it not make sense to try to use the players we have, especially when practically none of them got a decent crack last year?

Any player we bring in should be an upgrade on what last year's players can potentially achieve - not just bringing in a new player for the sake of it.

we always have to look to advance....doing nothing is standing still, and if you stand still in the PL effectively you end up going backwards

if its a transition season then its the best time to introduce a few new faces and bed them in

we always have to look to advance....doing nothing is standing still, and if you stand still in the PL effectively you end up going backwards

if its a transition season then its the best time to introduce a few new faces and bed them in

No complaints about that but

sounds like a buy for the sake of buying suggestion.

Chadli has probably more talent, was out of form last season and we do not need to spend a penny on him because he is ours...

Practically none of them got a fair crack? Can we for once and all put this myth to bed. All the new signings were given a fair chance and all bit eriksen(performed well) lamela(plagued by injury) and chireces(done okish) were horse shat. It's ok tho lets spend another season watching them play like **** and struggling in the premier league while like every season for the last 3 years we fall further and further behind out 'rivals'

sounds like a buy for the sake of buying suggestion.

Chadli has probably more talent, was out of form last season and we do not need to spend a penny on him because he is ours...

the problem with Chadli is i dont see the motivation, the urgency, he looks heavy and slow......imo i dont see much of a future for him at spurs

Practically none of them got a fair crack? Can we for once and all put this myth to bed. All the new signings were given a fair chance and all bit eriksen(performed well) lamela(plagued by injury) and chireces(done okish) were horse shat. It's ok tho lets spend another season watching them play like **** and struggling in the premier league while like every season for the last 3 years we fall further and further behind out 'rivals'

So Lamela is ok "because he was plagued by injury" but Capoue who actually played LESS than Lamela also due to injuries, is horse shat??? Very logical..

Meh, I've seen a lot of player being ridiculed after just one season in a new league only to improve a lot. I've also seen a lot of players improve massively under a new manager.

If Poch is happy with a player I'm happy with that player too, at least for now.

A lot of foreign imports dont look all that in first season, and thats in a settled team let alone going through all the turbulence we did last year. I suggest you refrain from such assessments until later this season....

Wow, that is rare quote from a Spurs fan lol, I like it though. For the first team in a long while it doesn't feel like we have a gaping whole in our squad.

(I still want these 2 from Southampton and a solid CB though haha)

Would rather keep the team we have together rather than buy more in.

Wow, that is rare quote from a Spurs fan lol, I like it though. For the first team in a long while it doesn't feel like we have a gaping whole in our squad.

(I still want these 2 from Southampton and a solid CB though haha)

Meh, I've seen a lot of player being ridiculed after just one season in a new league only to improve a lot. I've also seen a lot of players improve massively under a new manager.

If Poch is happy with a player I'm happy with that player too, at least for now.

Poch isn't happy with Chadli tho

He tried to sign Griezmann and is going after Rodriguez who both would be a lwf. Id say its a safe bet he's after a lot of players but so far hasn't got his man/men (which is probably why we left to so late to go for the Southampton duo)
If he ends up sticking with Chadli id say it would be down to none of his targets coming in than actually rating him

personally i think he wanted Depay and Griezmann but can't get them and is going for Rodriguez as a last resort

Last edited:
Poch isn't happy with Chadli tho

He tried to sign Griezmann and is going after Rodriguez who both would be a lwf. Id say its a safe bet he's after a lot of players but so far hasn't got his man/men (which is probably why we left to so late to go for the Southampton duo)
If he ends up sticking with Chadli id say it would be down to none of his targets coming in than actually rating him

personally i think he wanted Depay and Griezmann but can't get them and is going for Rodriguez as a last resort

How do we know any of these are genuine though? If someone like Griezmann is available then the club should definitely do its best to bring in the best talent where they can.

To say Poch isn't happy with him is probably a bit of a guess. He hadn't even seen him train first hand until today. Griezmann is a world class talent and he was available so ofc was worth a punt, but he is the only one we have been linked with other than Rodriguez. The rest is all paper talk.

maybe because I'm not happy with him so assume Pochettino isn't also lol.

off course Griezmann, Depay and Rodriguez are better so if there is a chance to get them it doesn't mean he doesn't rate Chadli but I was just making the point that seeing Chadli in a Spurs shirt next year doesn't automatically mean Pochettino has absolute faith in him.

Back