• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jason Roberts claim

Ross Barkley is another player who is mixed-race and might not be obviously so to many....his dad is Nigerian.

Amanda Mealing, Actress from Holby City, has a father that is half-Sierra Leonian, though she looks like what would be referred to as a 'typical English Rose'..

Perhaps Chiwetel Ejiofor (a guy I went to school with btw:cool:) is right when he says that the concept of "Race" is an invention...:-k

I am unable to bold or highlight things on this fcuking laptop for some reason.

But REALLY that is seriously cool he is one of my favourite actors, seen him on the stage and in movies. That slave movie last year was to slow for me, but thought he was amazing in kinky boots and also pretty dirty things.

Do you still know him? seriously good actor.

Agreed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29333826

• The PFA says about 18% of players on their coaching courses are black or from other ethnic minorities
  • There are 192 Uefa Pro Licence owners in England and 14 of those are black coaches
  • Around 25% of players in the professional game are non-white
  • There were five black managers in English professional football last season but, of Chris Hughton, Chris Powell, Paul Ince, Chris Kiwomya and Edgar Davids, only Powell now has a job

Interesting statistics, of that 25% of non-white footballers what percentage are also non-UK and before the end of their careers are sold abroad or at the end of their careers leave the UK? That would probably rule out a lot of players who don't go on to become managers.

Rather than just picking out non-whites how many England internationals from the time period 1995 to 2005 have gone on to be managers and how many at the highest level. I'm sure it's less than the 18% the PFA quote above.

all those white managers repeatedly getting employed eh, O'Leary, Curbishly, Roeder, Kidd, Tony Adams, Sammy Lee, Dave Bassett, Souness, I could go on but you get the point, a couple of failures and thats it, career over

Black people are the absolute worst at using the race card everytime they don't get what they think they deserve

Its just more gonad*s from Barnes, there are so few black manager because they are not that good at what they do and there are also fewer of them around.

Black people are the absolute worst at using the race card everytime they don't get what they think they deserve

You have to admit that it is far harder for a white person to play the race card.

People like Barnes and Campbell don't help the cause, because they buy into the idea that an ex-player is entitled to a job in management based on his playing career. It obviously helps as there are many examples of players failing to make decent managers, even great players.

I don't doubt that it is easier for white players to get a chance. But we should remember, that it is not so long ago that it was rare to see more than a few black players on a side. Americans were ahead of us in this regard, but the myth of the black quarterback was prevalent until the late 1980s. Again now it is a none issue. In the 90s the lack of black coaches in the NFL became an issue and that is gradually improving. Both the successful black quarterback and successful black coach needed some pioneers and then it became more common. We do need a successful black coach or two and then we should see it becoming normal. In some ways the need for a breakthrough means gambling on on successful players becoming successful managers becomes more difficult. What owner wants to be accused of racism for sacking a black manager when he knows that most managers he hires will eventually be sacked. Barnes and Campbell will make him think twice.

I don't doubt there are racist chairmen out there hiding behind a flimflam excuse, but I don't believe it's the norm, certainly not in the 3 cases cited here

Last edited:
Its just more cobblers from Barnes, there are so few black manager because they are not that good at what they do and there are also fewer of them around.

Stan Collymore was on Talksport earlier saying what a poor manager Barnes was.

Stan Collymore was on Talksport earlier saying what a poor manager Barnes was.

His only job in England was at Tranmere and it did not last long

Tranmere Rovers
Barnes was officially named as manager of Tranmere Rovers on 15 June 2009, with Jason McAteer assisting him. He got off to a disastrous start, with Tranmere only winning three of their first fourteen games. During their time at Tranmere, Barnes and McAteer were allegedly dubbed "Dumb and Dumber" by the Tranmere players. On 9 October 2009, Barnes was sacked by the club six days after a 5–0 defeat at Millwall and a run of just two wins from eleven league games.He has since applied to become the manager of the Rwandan national team with Stephen Garside as his Youth Team Coach

if you get a job in management and your first decision is to hire Jason mcateer then why the fudge do you think you don't get another chance?

I think Rodgers is the youngest premier league manager atm at 41 (?) - from his generation are there many former black players who have gone in to coaching? As the next generation comes through the balance will probably level out.

Interesting to see if that happens.

if you get a job in management and your first decision is to hire Jason mcateer then why the fudge do you think you don't get another chance?

ali2.jpg

I think people use the word Racist far too easily to be honest. If you are a racist then i very much doubt you would allow black / asian players in your team as being a racist is obviously a hatred towards a race that differs to your own.

correct, and outright racism is very rare. however, les ferdinand used the term 'covert racism' to describe what he felt was occuring within english football, and i think he may be right. covert racism meaning "people being racist and not even realising they are doing it" in this case.

I think people use the word Racist far too easily to be honest. If you are a racist then i very much doubt you would allow black / asian players in your team as being a racist is obviously a hatred towards a race that differs to your own.
I guess this is a discussion about semantics, but I'd describe what he's accusing people of as racist, I just don't think it is really happening.

If a chairman decides that black players are physically able and good at playing football but are not intelligent enough to be a manager based on their skin colour - that's racism.

In the same way I'm sure there are plenty of racist people who would employ a black cleaner or maid but not want their daughter to have a black boyfriend.

That seems similar to what you're describing and to me, that's racist. Again, I don't believe that team owners are behaving that way - certainly not in any numbers.

correct, and outright racism is very rare. however, les ferdinand used the term 'covert racism' to describe what he felt was occuring within english football, and i think he may be right. covert racism meaning "people being racist and not even realising they are doing it" in this case.

they should call them out, ignorance is no legal defence

Back