• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

How could he have played really well if his rashness cost us at least a point? We have slated Sanchez after very good games spoiled by a single costly brainfart. Tanganga should be no exception.
Because he was playing well
First yellow was taking one for the team
The player reacting should have got a red (like son did before)
Second yellow was a yellow for sure but wouldn’t have happened if the ref had done his job first time

Because he was playing well
First yellow was taking one for the team
The player reacting should have got a red (like son did before)
Second yellow was a yellow for sure but wouldn’t have happened if the ref had done his job first time
Unfortunately the ref got those decisions right yesterday. Saha didn’t kick out like Son did against Rudiger and deserved yellow only. Tanganga was then incredibly stupid to lunge in for a ball he wasn’t going to win a few minutes later. He cannot be defended for that and it might’ve cost us a point (though we were very much 2nd best to a mediocre Palace team at 11 v 11 anyway).

Unfortunately the ref got those decisions right yesterday. Saha didn’t kick out like Son did against Rudiger and deserved yellow only. Tanganga was then incredibly stupid to lunge in for a ball he wasn’t going to win a few minutes later. He cannot be defended for that and it might’ve cost us a point (though we were very much 2nd best to a mediocre Palace team at 11 v 11 anyway).
He didn’t kick out
He swung his arms 4 times and in the direction of Tanganga face. It’s why Tanganga wrapped him up. It’s a red IMO. He didn’t hurt Tanganga but if it had been the other way round zaha would be playing dead
Imagine if that had been in lamela….

He didn’t kick out
He swung his arms 4 times and in the direction of Tanganga face. It’s why Tanganga wrapped him up. It’s a red IMO. He didn’t hurt Tanganga but if it had been the other way round zaha would be playing dead
Imagine if that had been in lamela….

Spot on, the intent by Zaha was to attack Tanguy and was only stopped by Tanganga wrapping him up as you say. There is a picture on here somewhere showing Zaha grabbing Tanguys neck. Anyone who thinks that is NOT a sending off offense has not been paying attension.

Think a red would have been harsh to be honest. He was borderline but he didn't strike Tanganga. If anything Japhet did him a favour by holding down his hands. As others have said, Lamela would have easily manufactured a red card there.

If one of ours went for that, I'd be furious.

Not really but it’s a yellow card rather than a red for me. If he actually strikes Japhet, particularly in the face, he’s gone (even if, personally, I think that rule is abused as it is). Zahas grab is not a red for me.
The issue you raise is the rule is abused and I agree
But I’ve seen sendings off for much much less reactions, because players act on it

Back