• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Not really but it’s a yellow card rather than a red for me. If he actually strikes Japhet, particularly in the face, he’s gone (even if, personally, I think that rule is abused as it is). Zahas grab is not a red for me.

Fair enough we will have to disagree on that, but Tanganga also held Zaha arms down after that when Zaha was ready to start swinging so the intent from Zaha was obvious to see.

He didn’t kick out
He swung his arms 4 times and in the direction of Tanganga face. It’s why Tanganga wrapped him up. It’s a red IMO. He didn’t hurt Tanganga but if it had been the other way round zaha would be playing dead
Imagine if that had been in lamela….

You do that to lamela you better kill him or hope to fudge you get sent off, because you won't be walking off.

Think a red would have been harsh to be honest. He was borderline but he didn't strike Tanganga. If anything Japhet did him a favour by holding down his hands. As others have said, Lamela would have easily manufactured a red card there.

If one of ours went for that, I'd be furious.
One word, intent. The intent is there and if the player isn't removed neither is the intent.

Harsh red perhaps. He did try to pull out of the tackle, then again of he hadn't it might have been a direct red. Those get given.

Thought he played really well up until the second yellow. Taking the first yellow was fine. Got hit by adrenaline after that situation, then the classic loose touch followed by a tackle that shouldn't have been made. It happens, particularly with younger players.

The way he defended up until that point was a real positive and hopefully he'll be able to build on that when he's back. First game as a CB in the PL and he looked right at home for 58 minutes at least.

What a total lack of professionalism from some of our seniors in that video sequence above…PEH not playing to the whistle (had he, that ball likely doesn’t even reach Zaha) and then once Japhet has gone in and saved Zaha from a red after the foul, where were our two international skippers to guide him through the next crucial minutes? An abdication of responsibility and if I were NES, I’d be as angry about that as anything! Help the lad see through the red mist of the next 10 minutes!

What a total lack of professionalism from some of our seniors in that video sequence above…PEH not playing to the whistle (had he, that ball likely doesn’t even reach Zaha) and then once Japhet has gone in and saved Zaha from a red after the foul, where were our two international skippers to guide him through the next crucial minutes? An abdication of responsibility and if I were NES, I’d be as angry about that as anything! Help the lad see through the red mist of the next 10 minutes!

One of Hojberg’s worst traits is not playing to the whistle. When ever something doesn’t go his way, throw in, foul etc he just stops and moans.

Agree on PEH, totally out of character that.
I don't think Tanganga did much wrong, moss was obviously waiting on a chance to send him off, if it wasn't that challenge it would have been the next. A challenge was always going to have to be made so it was inevitable that he would be sent off at some point.
They were "smarter" than us, but again i don't think it would have made any difference, moss treated our fouls different to theirs. I have no doubt that if Tanganga had done to zaha what zaha did to Tanganga it would have been a straight red card.

Agree on PEH, totally out of character that.
I don't think Tanganga did much wrong, moss was obviously waiting on a chance to send him off, if it wasn't that challenge it would have been the next. A challenge was always going to have to be made so it was inevitable that he would be sent off at some point.
They were "smarter" than us, but again i don't think it would have made any difference, moss treated our fouls different to theirs. I have no doubt that if Tanganga had done to zaha what zaha did to Tanganga it would have been a straight red card.
Tanganga lunged in, missed the ball and took the player. Nothing to do with Moss waiting on a chance to send him off at all. The player got himself sent off by making a yellow card tackle having only just received a first yellow for an intentional foul.

I know it's easy to blame the ref when we lose, especially when the ref is one of the poorer ones in the league, however on Saturday the only blame can come from within our own team. Tanganga got sent off because he lost his head. We lost the game because we were going there hoping for a nil nil draw and put in a poor performance.

Tanganga had played well up to that point and I have been impressed with his progression this season but he needs to make sure that learns from his mistake on Saturday that might've cost us a point (though I think Palace would've won anyway as they were getting more and more on top as the game went on).

Tanganga lunged in, missed the ball and took the player. Nothing to do with Moss waiting on a chance to send him off at all. The player got himself sent off by making a yellow card tackle having only just received a first yellow for an intentional foul.

I know it's easy to blame the ref when we lose, especially when the ref is one of the poorer ones in the league, however on Saturday the only blame can come from within our own team. Tanganga got sent off because he lost his head. We lost the game because we were going there hoping for a nil nil draw and put in a poor performance.

Tanganga had played well up to that point and I have been impressed with his progression this season but he needs to make sure that learns from his mistake on Saturday that might've cost us a point (though I think Palace would've won anyway as they were getting more and more on top as the game went on).
His red was legit
Both warranted yellows

The second he committed the foul, I knew he was gone. You see yellows for those tackles every week in the league. The lad has no complaints at all. Moss was awful but he got the two calls on Tanganga and the one on Zaha spot on.

If that was a yellow card then should have been at least three more cards shown before that tackle.
I have no problem with players being carded for certain kinds of tackles if the rules are applied evenly, and they weren't on Saturday.

His red was legit
Both warranted yellows
If anything i think he is lucky not to be sent off for the first, hands up, no attempt to play the ball, but zaha was a red all day long and he couldn't send one off and tge other.
A thoroughly cowardly display on from the ref, almost as bad as ours.

IIRC there was someone talking to him before the free kick that followed, though I don't remember who and I might be misremembering that.

Difficult perhaps for our more experienced players to find the time for that calming talk in what was a rather hectic period, but yeah probably could have done better.

If we were better on the ball we could have let Tanganga calm down a touch by just keeping the ball, take some of the sting out of Palace at the same time. We don't have that capability yet though.

Would have been a good time to go down "injured".

I can't think why the guy that likes right wing american religious anti masturbation posts on twitter is so angry all the time on the pitch.

Because he was playing well
First yellow was taking one for the team
The player reacting should have got a red (like son did before)
Second yellow was a yellow for sure but wouldn’t have happened if the ref had done his job first time
Oi! You know the score; it's binary.
He's either the next Ledley King or worse than Alton Thelwell. Stop being balanced. Bloody lefty fascist.

Tanganga totally outmuscled Zaha which would’ve been great back when this was a contact sport but Lamela needs to give him some lessons over Zoom on how to get opponents sent off once the red mist has descended!!

Zaha had both hands on Tanganga's face at one point. I always thought raising your hands to your opponents face and making contact with that kind of intent was a red. And of course if Zaha's off, then there's no red mist and he doesn't make that second challenge

That picture isn't a strike; that is Zaha trying to push Tanganga away as Tanga strangely hugs him tight.
I thought Tanga was holding Zaha's arms down, but watching the video again Tanga is hugging Zaha's body and Zaha's arms are outside of Tanga's.
Tanganga did the “hug” after to restrain him

Tanganga totally outmuscled Zaha which would’ve been great back when this was a contact sport but Lamela needs to give him some lessons over Zoom on how to get opponents sent off once the red mist has descended!!

disappointed to see that only skipp went to offer some sort of emotional support or assurance.
i don't think we have a very strong team spirit in the team at the moment, the senior players don't have a protective nature towards the younger ones, probably they themselves are insecure about being displaced. my opinion, yours may differ and I won't lose sleep over it.

disappointed to see that only skipp went to offer some sort of emotional support or assurance.
i don't think we have a very strong team spirit in the team at the moment, the senior players don't have a protective nature towards the younger ones, probably they themselves are insecure about being displaced. my opinion, yours may differ and I won't lose sleep over it.
It’s where Dier excels with his on the pitch leadership

Back