• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

Last summer when Vlad Chiriches joined the team I was asked by a few Spurs fans here if there are any other players at Steaua that would be a good signing for Spurs. I thought it was enough for one transfer window for us to loose so I didn't answer the question and waited to see how Vlad is going to do in England. Steaua does have another player that would be a good signing for Spurs. If you look at Vlad being close to Verts as style of play, we have a Sandro like player. He is for Steaua like Gattuso was for AC Milan. I am talking about captain Alexandru Bourceanu, a defensive midfielder, a true born leader. He is the engine at our team, every attack runs through him, he never gives up, a fighting man, a real pitbull, with some good skills on the ball, and I think he would do well at Spurs. One plus would be that he nears the end of his contract and Steaua and him seem to not reach an agreement so he will be cheap in winter. The only minus is he is 28 so he's not the youngest out there but surely is in his prime of his football and will stay there for years to come...

Last summer when Vlad Chiriches joined the team I was asked by a few Spurs fans here if there are any other players at Steaua that would be a good signing for Spurs. I thought it was enough for one transfer window for us to loose so I didn't answer the question and waited to see how Vlad is going to do in England. Steaua does have another player that would be a good signing for Spurs. If you look at Vlad being close to Verts as style of play, we have a Sandro like player. He is for Steaua like Gattuso was for AC Milan. I am talking about captain Alexandru Bourceanu, a defensive midfielder, a true born leader. He is the engine at our team, every attack runs through him, he never gives up, a fighting man, a real pitbull, with some good skills on the ball, and I think he would do well at Spurs. One plus would be that he nears the end of his contract and Steaua and him seem to not reach an agreement so he will be cheap in winter. The only minus is he is 28 so he's not the youngest out there but surely is in his prime of his football and will stay there for years to come...

a defensive midfielder :ross: yeah thats just what we need !!

nice try:)

a defensive midfielder :ross: yeah thats just what we need !!

nice try:)
I am not saying it what the fans want. I think it would be what AVB wants, think the way we play now 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive midfielders is the way we will be playing for the next 2-3 years with AVB if he remains at the club for that long. Soo yeah a DM, if you are not happy with winning 1-0 that's your problem, as far as AVB is I think he is delighted...

I am not saying it what the fans want. I think it would be what AVB wants, think the way we play now 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive midfielders is the way we will be playing for the next 2-3 years with AVB if he remains at the club for that long. Soo yeah a DM, if you are not happy with winning 1-0 that's your problem, as far as AVB is I think he is delighted...

Sure but while we should never turn down the opportunity for an upgrade, we've already got about 35 defensive midfielders on the books haven't we? Seems like it anyway.

ive seen a bit of him and he is a good player, like Gattuso as you say. Of course if AVB wants another defensive mid then he would be an interesting purchase and cheap too

however i do hope AVB is not happy and content with winning 1-0 every week

In the window I'd like us to sign an offensive player(s) who have some of the following attributes...Will score goals, have assists, win free kicks and penalties, is proven at this level, and who isn't just about potential, who won't need a lot of time to settle in and/or adjust, who speaks the language, who will be ideally suited to our system and style of play and our existing players, who will already possess the skills and physical tools needed against the opposition we face, who will come up big in big games, who will come in and hit the ground running, and make an immediate impact and produce right away, and be a game changing/match winner when needed, pursuant to us winning the title/Top 4 this season. ;)

Last edited:
ive seen a bit of him and he is a good player, like Gattuso as you say. Of course if AVB wants another defensive mid then he would be an interesting purchase and cheap too

however i do hope AVB is not happy and content with winning 1-0 every week
I think Paulinho is overrated, the only CM be playing what a Spurs CM should be playing is Sandro. Maybe that is the problem, not only the formation but the quality in midfield. While you would say that Townsend and Lamela would be great, eventually on the wings, the central midfield looks dull and without any ideas. Didn't see to much of Capoue because of his injury, so I leave him out of this, he could be a great player, but Paulinho and Dembele don't look up to Sandro's level if you ask me...

I think Paulinho is overrated, the only CM be playing what a Spurs CM should be playing is Sandro. Maybe that is the problem, not only the formation but the quality in midfield. While you would say that Townsend and Lamela would be great, eventually on the wings, the central midfield looks dull and without any ideas. Didn't see to much of Capoue because of his injury, so I leave him out of this, he could be a great player, but Paulinho and Dembele don't look up to Sandro's level if you ask me...

but Bourceanu is not going to change the highlighted part......Sandro is a pure defensive mid, Capoue is defensive primarily but has a better passing range than Sandro, Dembele is decent enough midfielder who can do a bit of everything

Paulinho is an attacking midfielder. I think AVB is using him wrongly and is also over playing him because he hardly had a break before joining Spurs and since arriving has played more games and minutes than most of his teammates. He is shattered and needs a bit of a break. Coming from Brazil to the PL is not easy, but if you come after playing non stop football all summer then its even more difficult

tbh, Paulinho has given us some of our best attacking moments in the PL this season...the back heel winner at Cardiff, the lovely pass to Siggy for the second against Norwich and the perfectly cushioned first time pass for Soldado's first Tottenham PL goal from open play at Villa

yes we could do with a Modric type pulling the strings in centre mid, but is Bourceanu that type? I dont think so

but Bourceanu is not going to change the highlighted part......Sandro is a pure defensive mid, Capoue is defensive primarily but has a better passing range than Sandro, Dembele is decent enough midfielder who can do a bit of everything

Paulinho is an attacking midfielder. I think AVB is using him wrongly and is also over playing him because he hardly had a break before joining Spurs and since arriving has played more games and minutes than most of his teammates. He is shattered and needs a bit of a break. Coming from Brazil to the PL is not easy, but if you come after playing non stop football all summer then its even more difficult

tbh, Paulinho has given us some of our best attacking moments in the PL this season...the back heel winner at Cardiff, the lovely pass to Siggy for the second against Norwich and the perfectly cushioned first time pass for Soldado's first Tottenham PL goal from open play at Villa

yes we could do with a Modric type pulling the strings in centre mid, but is Bourceanu that type? I dont think so
Bourceanu is certainly not the Modric type, he does handle his passing well but not like Modric. What Bourceanu does is he TAKES the ball and goes forward with it, like a pitbull he only knows one way, forward. He gives energy for all around him, you may not get that tricky final pass from him but he urges everybody to go forward not to just move the ball around and shoot from km 9, like Spurs do right now.

In the window I'd like us to sign an offensive player(s) who have some of the following attributes...Will score goals, have assists, win free kicks and penalties, is proven at this level, and who isn't just about potential, who won't need a lot of time to settle in and/or adjust, who speaks the language, who will be ideally suited to our system and style of play and our existing players, who will already possess the skills and physical tools needed against the opposition we face, who will come up big in big games, who will come in and hit the ground running, and make an immediate impact and produce right away, and be a game changing/match winner when needed, pursuant to us winning the title/Top 4 this season. ;)

Rooney? :)

Imagine having 2 Sandro in CM, they will bullly the midfield, it will be only one team dominating there and that's going to be Spurs. When you clearly win the midfield chances will come, it's impossible not to. Right now even though we have 5 midfielders we are not as dominant as we would like to be there. I say if we are going to play for not to concede, let's do it right with 2 bosses in CM. Paulinho is that brazilian that does not know as much with the ball and does not have strenght or any kind of special skill. If you put 2 engines, 2 physicall specimens like Sandro and Bourceanu there you are bound to make things happen for you.

If you would have asked that "question" in the summer I would have said Mkhitaryan from Shaktar. Dortmund have bought him unfortunately ...

Now I would say Thomas Muller from Bayern, he is not making the team at the moment, so he might be interested to change his current environment as Guardiola doesn't seem to rely on him to much...

Imagine having 2 Sandro in CM, they will bullly the midfield, it will be only one team dominating there and that's going to be Spurs. When you clearly win the midfield chances will come, it's impossible not to. Right now even though we have 5 midfielders we are not as dominant as we would like to be there. I say if we are going to play for not to concede, let's do it right with 2 bosses in CM. Paulinho is that brazilian that does not know as much with the ball and does not have strenght or any kind of special skill. If you put 2 engines, 2 physicall specimens like Sandro and Bourceanu there you are bound to make things happen for you.

you make a good point

I tell you who would fit in with the way AVB likes his team to play and in an area we are short in.....the Steaua flying left back Latovlevici. I love the way this guy gets up and down the left hand side, just the kind of left back the current AVB team needs

you make a good point

I tell you who would fit in with the way AVB likes his team to play and in an area we are short in.....the Steaua flying left back Latovlevici. I love the way this guy gets up and down the left hand side, just the kind of left back the current AVB team needs
I am happy you know the Steaua players and what you say about Latovlevici is correct, he brings A LOT TO THE ATTACK. Like you said he is a flying left back, but he does have his weaknesses and the one that stand out is his marking. He sometimes gets to carried away with the attack and has some problems returning to his man. He would be great against weaker teams but we have conceded some goals because of his tendency to go forward.

Back